Cruises on your Wish-List

Britboys

Just now, Britboys said:

Looks like you'll need to do a World Cruise then Avril 😄.  You'll need one that takes in both Alexandria and Aqaba though.  Fred Olsen are due to do one this November...  Its only a mere 140 nights long 😮.

Having carefully scrutinised your post I can only find four drawbacks😉

#1 Much too expensive. 

#2 Fred Olsen.

#3 Already booked Arcadia in November 

#4 The longest cruise we can comfortably do is 30 days. Oh,  just thought of another one.

#5 I don't do laundry on holiday. Can you imagine the number of cases we'll need for underwear alone😲 

Nope, but thanks for the tip anyway 😁

Avril 

• Haha 2

World cruise is very much on the table for us sometime after 2022, whether it be on P&O or another line is the question. Slightly more difficult to achieve would be a world cruise that included visiting St Helena - Marital Unit was offered a job there once and I have been LONGING to visit since learning about the place and the people. 

I realise this is a big and deep bucket, but I like to aim high 🙂

• Like 3

As we are fairly new to cruising, there are lots of places we would like to visit.

Assuming all current ones booked go ahead, 3 on the to do list are:-

World cruise

Baltic cruise

Caribbean cruise.

And after that perhaps try a few river cruise through central Europe.

• Like 3

Oh my favourite topic

Tour of Japan - Kyoto & Tokyo & cruise

Terracotta Warriors & China cruise

Panama Canal east to west

South America  inc Iguazza Falls

Niagara & New York & TA back

Iceland, Greenland, Canada

Something that includes Petra

Las Vegas, LA & West Coast/Mexico

Thailand/ Vietnam

Nile cruise

Danube

Douro River

British Isles

and whatever I can get in between.....

Cathy

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Ah now we are jealous 😉 Which cabin are you? We have had F729 twice and loved it. Love Britannia and had looked at a Christmas cruise to the Caribbean Dec 2021 and move our deposit from Oceana for this April. Hopefully, things will have settled by then.

Because there are 3 of us and 3rd only costs ‘peanuts’, we are in Strathallan Suite D738. Room for three and total cost divided by 3 not 2 is reasonable. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, pete14 said:

Because there are 3 of us and 3rd only costs ‘peanuts’, we are in Strathallan Suite D738. Room for three and total cost divided by 3 not 2 is reasonable. 

That must be more or less below where we have stayed. Only 2 of us so a suite would cost us a fortune. Sounds lovely though. We really like Britannia, not sure if you have been on here before

32 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

That must be more or less below where we have stayed. Only 2 of us so a suite would cost us a fortune. Sounds lovely though. We really like Britannia, not sure if you have been on here before

Only been on Britannia once, the maiden cruise. Enjoyed the ship but being midships, the lack of sufficient mid ship lifts and no stairs (the two are linked!) took a bit of shine off it. Shouldn’t be an issue aft.

Edited by pete14
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Cathygh said:

Oh my favourite topic

Tour of Japan - Kyoto & Tokyo & cruise

Terracotta Warriors & China cruise

Panama Canal east to west

South America  inc Iguazza Falls

Niagara & New York & TA back

Iceland, Greenland, Canada

Something that includes Petra

Las Vegas, LA & West Coast/Mexico

Thailand/ Vietnam

Nile cruise

Danube

Douro River

British Isles

and whatever I can get in between.....

Cathy

Hope you have very deep - and full - pockets or enjoy a very big windfall Cathy 😄

2 minutes ago, pete14 said:

Only been on Britannia once, the maiden cruise. Enjoyed the ship but being midships, the lack of sufficient mid ship lifts and no stairs (the two are linked!) took a bit of shine off it. Shouldn’t be an issue aft.

We were in her that year in the August and loved her. Had another cruise on her in May 2017 and it was one of the best cruises we have ever had. Just sitting us here now all stuck in the house makes me realise just how much we took it for granted!

On another note - just been looking at info on the old Loop Line and am trying to work out where the Scotia Greenway goes where you live. Which one is that? We are on the Chatterley one and have spent hours walking behind the park recently. Where is the Scotia one? Confused dot co ;-)

• Like 1

We're very lucky and took early retirement so we could travel. We've ticked a few off our bucket list nd loved every one

The Baltic

Venice, Croatia etc in the Adriatic

Greek Islands

Caribbean island-hopping 

Round South America 

The only cruise we haven't done but which is on our bucket list is a Danube River Cruise from Budapest to Southern Germany.

However the cruise we'd do if it was available would be a round trip to Southern Africa with a safari included but that's not going to happen :(

We cruise with different lines but as I don't fly we're getting less keen on taking the train out to join cruises in the Med etc so wish P&O would do longer cruises to the Eastern Med or Mediterranean islands from Southampton. We'd love to see more of the smaller Greek Islands but also places like Corsica,Sardinia, Cyprus, Malta, Minorca and Adriatic islands. If only..........

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Britboys said:

Hope you have very deep - and full - pockets or enjoy a very big windfall Cathy 😄

I wish!

I need to work out the cheapest way of doing it. And I have a special occasions in the next few years so hopefully I can a few of them in if prices don't rocket🛳️

Cathy

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

We were in her that year in the August and loved her. Had another cruise on her in May 2017 and it was one of the best cruises we have ever had. Just sitting us here now all stuck in the house makes me realise just how much we took it for granted!

On another note - just been looking at info on the old Loop Line and am trying to work out where the Scotia Greenway goes where you live. Which one is that? We are on the Chatterley one and have spent hours walking behind the park recently. Where is the Scotia one? Confused dot co 😉

I hope my naming of the Scotia greenway is correct. It is part of the Etruria to Kidsgrove line. I guess you know the Chatterley Whitfield pub at the entrance to the new Bloor homes estate. You can get on the greenway across the road from the pub. Walking in the direction of Kidsgrove, after about half a mile on the right hand side before the tunnel under Colclough Lane, you can see brickwork from the platform of Goldenhill Station. If you keep going, it is clear you are in a railway cutting with some old brickwork in places. The old Goldenhill Golf Course is on the left but you won’t be able to see it because you you are walking on a lower level. There is a path running parallel for the first part which is nicer to walk. 

3 minutes ago, pete14 said:

I hope my naming of the Scotia greenway is correct. It is part of the Etruria to Kidsgrove line. I guess you know the Chatterley Whitfield pub at the entrance to the new Bloor homes estate. You can get on the greenway across the road from the pub. Walking in the direction of Kidsgrove, after about half a mile on the right hand side before the tunnel under Colclough Lane, you can see brickwork from the platform of Goldenhill Station. If you keep going, it is clear you are in a railway cutting with some old brickwork in places. The old Goldenhill Golf Course is on the left but you won’t be able to see it because you you are walking on a lower level. There is a path running parallel for the first part which is nicer to walk. 

Gottcha - you are more Sandyford way? We tend to walk from Chell to the Park.

Guess you link with the old Loop Line that went to Newchapel. If you look on YouTube and put Loop Line in there is a great mock up of what the loop line was like . We thought we had the old Loop Line behind our house but now I think we had an old railway line that came from Chatterley Whitfield.

:-)

21 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Gottcha - you are more Sandyford way? We tend to walk from Chell to the Park.

Guess you link with the old Loop Line that went to Newchapel. If you look on YouTube and put Loop Line in there is a great mock up of what the loop line was like . We thought we had the old Loop Line behind our house but now I think we had an old railway line that came from Chatterley Whitfield.

🙂

We are on the new Bloor estate which is technically in Sandyford. We have a nice view towards Newchapel. The video is interesting, somebody has great technical expertise and a lot of time on their hands. 

20 minutes ago, pete14 said:

We are on the new Bloor estate which is technically in Sandyford. We have a nice view towards Newchapel. The video is interesting, somebody has great technical expertise and a lot of time on their hands. 

Oh sorry... 

I seem to have wandered into the 'Stoke appreciation' site... 😊

Andy 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Oh sorry... 

Andy 

These Stokies are taking over the world Andy - or maybe just Cruise Critic 😉😄

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AndyMichelle said:

Oh sorry... 

Andy 

Just nice to know that there is another CC friend not too far away. You are not in Stoke on Trent Andy but we still consider you a friend :-)

Edited by Presto2
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Britboys said:

These Stokies are taking over the world Andy - or maybe just Cruise Critic 😉😄

I'm a Tunstallite  (Stoke is another town) …. like Robbie  ………………..

Edited by Presto2
  • Like 1

Just now, Presto2 said:

1 hour ago, glittergal1 said:

ANY of the cruises I have booked are on my wish list. Im going to be booking a few land holidays after these (If I even get to do any of the ones Ive got booked over the next 2 years)

We have 2 land holidays booked and don't think they will happen. Trying to work out how to get our money back as they are offering Future holiday credit for both (both paid) but there is a time limit and we can't see how we can fit the holidays in to our work schedule

1 hour ago, AndyMichelle said:

Oh sorry... 

Andy 

If the site allowed us to message each other you would be spared such sharing of local things. It is a pity the facility can’t be used.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, pete14 said:

If the site allowed us to message each other you would be spared such sharing of local things. It is a pity the facility can’t be used.

Was only kidding Pete, you crack on.. 

I am the master of taking a thread off track... 

It's nice to see people sharing common ground.. 

Andy 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1