which is easiest? FLL & SAS transortation

3red7s

Hello folks: in December we are flying into FLL a day early, to cruise out of the Port of Miami.  SAS Transportation has been recommended.  Question:  Should I fly into FLL Airport, get a hotel in FLL, then take SAS, the next day to the Port of Miami.  OR....should I fly into FLL Airport, have SAS take us to a hotel in Miami, then take the Miami hotel shuttle, the next day to the Port of Miami?  hope that makes sense. It would appear, upon return, I can take SAS from POM directly to the airport?  Thank you!!

It's been a while, is SAS available the day before your cruise? I thought they just went to the port from your hotel, but might have changed. Been a long time.

I got a hotel in ft Lauderdale with airport pick up and used SAS the day of the cruise.

I've had good safe hotels in miami, but just saying all areas arent safe. Not that your driver would take you thru a bad area, just be careful in miami. I stayed either near the airport or once in what I think was a 5 star on the ocean near the port. It's a very long walk across the bridge to the ship, still took a taxi. I just wanted to see what a 5 star hotel was like. 

I lived in Boca Raton for 13 years. I had friends who refused to drive into miami, especially at night after stories about getting lost and winding up in a dead end street. Over cautious maybe, women my age. But miami does have a bad rep with locals.

I also few into ftl and stayed there, better hotel rates.

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 1

We did exactly what you are thinking of:  Fly to FLL, stay in a hotel there, take SAS to POM on cruise day.  Then SAS at the end, to FLL airport.  It worked very well for us.

However, as SAS does not serve every hotel, I would recommend going to their website, and checking the list of the hotels they do serve.  It helped me pare down the possibilities!  I found a good match, and was able to book everything.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, shipgeeks said:

We did exactly what you are thinking of:  Fly to FLL, stay in a hotel there, take SAS to POM on cruise day.  Then SAS at the end, to FLL airport.  It worked very well for us.

However, as SAS does not serve every hotel, I would recommend going to their website, and checking the list of the hotels they do serve.  It helped me pare down the possibilities!  I found a good match, and was able to book everything.

That's what I did too. .. when I got a better price to fly into ft. Lauderdale than miami.

Ft. Lauderdale easier to fly into  miami I felt like I walked and walked.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 3red7s said:

Hello folks: in December we are flying into FLL a day early, to cruise out of the Port of Miami.  SAS Transportation has been recommended.  Question:  Should I fly into FLL Airport, get a hotel in FLL, then take SAS, the next day to the Port of Miami.  OR....should I fly into FLL Airport, have SAS take us to a hotel in Miami, then take the Miami hotel shuttle, the next day to the Port of Miami?  hope that makes sense. It would appear, upon return, I can take SAS from POM directly to the airport?  Thank you!!

Hotels are cheaper in FLL. SAS only picks up from certain hotels in FLL-see their website. Have dealt with SAS in the past. Good communication. Have to wait for the van to fill when to disembark but for the price it is great.

22 hours ago, firefly333 said:

It's been a while, is SAS available the day before your cruise? I thought they just went to the port from your hotel, but might have changed. Been a long time.

I got a hotel in ft Lauderdale with airport pick up and used SAS the day of the cruise.

I've had good safe hotels in miami, but just saying all areas arent safe. Not that your driver would take you thru a bad area, just be careful in miami. I stayed either near the airport or once in what I think was a 5 star on the ocean near the port. It's a very long walk across the bridge to the ship, still took a taxi. I just wanted to see what a 5 star hotel was like. 

I lived in Boca Raton for 13 years. I had friends who refused to drive into miami, especially at night after stories about getting lost and winding up in a dead end street. Over cautious maybe, women my age. But miami does have a bad rep with locals.

I also few into ftl and stayed there, better hotel rates.

great advice thx

On 4/17/2020 at 8:01 PM, LPut714 said:

Hotels are cheaper in FLL. SAS only picks up from certain hotels in FLL-see their website. Have dealt with SAS in the past. Good communication. Have to wait for the van to fill when to disembark but for the price it is great.

Or take a hotel shuttle from FLL to a hotel of your choice, then back to FLL in the morning and catch SAS from the airport to POM. 

Personally, we like to stay in downtown Miami near the port. If the hotel doesn't have a shuttle to the port, we just Uber over to the port in the morning. 

Edited by BirdTravels

SAS  FFL, MIA.

We are from Ontario Can.  and for us it has always been far cheaper to fly into FFL Airport  From Buffalo  and back  home . We always fly  in the day before and use SAS service to get to our hotel  and back  to the airport. The Holiday Day Inn Port of Miami.and take the shuttle or taxi to the cruise terminal. Lots to do in the area Biscayne market place and has many choices for dinning. It's just a matter of choice.Happy Cruising   kruise runner

Edited by kruise runner

JMHO:

• If you want to fly in the day before, I'd stay in Miami area. I was on Symphony in Feb 2020, flew in day of cruise to FLL. The traffic going to Miami, not just the port, was bad. It added about an extra hour to the  ride, not worried since I arrived at 10ish, but still took awhile.  I used SAS in the past, no problems. Have been using Jiffy Jeff, a shared ride from FLL to POM at $15/pp each way. hope this helps.