Refundable OBC ?

C-LAD

What is the status of refunds for refundable OBC?  We are waiting for our OBC refund from a Sky Princess cruise which ended on March 14th (5 weeks ago).  Anyone have experience with OBC refunds considering the current situation?

We did a B2B in Jan. Got the refundable for the first leg, but not the 2nd leg. Sent an email inquiry.

The end result: the rep said they owe us $$ and it will be here in "60 days". That was about 2 weeks ago.

Best guess: they have so many refunds to process 60 is likely the minimum wait. Yours could be within that time frame or longer.

We're still waiting for our refund from our cruise that ended on January 25, 2020.  I spoke to an individual at Princess that said that all refunds that had not been processed are now being handled by the same in-house group that's handling the cancellations (instead of Bottom Line), and could take another 30-60 days.

We are still waiting for refundable OBC from cruises ended 12/27/19 and 2/12/20. I have worked with Erika at Princess Customer Relations who said she has filled out the paperwork for both refunds, but it is now in that black hole with all the other refunds that Princess is processing. I had to send copies of our final on board statement to Princess for both cruises. 

Still waiting for ROBC from a cruise we disembarked 30th January 2020. Luckily it's a small amount but still, it's getting a bit riduculous. My case was escalated on 1st April & 24th April & still waiting for the promised contact from a Princess Rep. We have been very patient. Does anyone have any recommendations on who I should contact? I have asked to be speak to someone from the Solution Dept but being told they cannot transfer me. 🙄

Any help would be appreciated.

On 5/3/2020 at 12:41 PM, Suncitycruiser1925 said:

Our cruise ended Feb. 13th.  We are still waiting for a check for our refundable OBC.  I called Princess about a week ago and they said they are still processing it.  

Our cruise also ended on 13th Feb (Sapphire Princess).   We are in Australia and received our cheque for refundable OBC mid March.   Seems to be no rhyme nor reason as to what order they do things in.

• Like 1

On 4/19/2020 at 9:35 PM, MplsYogini said:

We're still waiting for our refund from our cruise that ended on January 25, 2020.  I spoke to an individual at Princess that said that all refunds that had not been processed are now being handled by the same in-house group that's handling the cancellations (instead of Bottom Line), and could take another 30-60 days.

Update:  We received a check for our refundable OBC today!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/30/2020 at 2:04 PM, R**T said:

Our cruise ended on March 17.  Still waiting ...

Update:  We received our check today June 9.

The check came from Bottomline Technologies.

Friday, 5 Jun 2020, I received my refundable OBC from our March Crown Princess cruise which ended 81 days earlier on 16 Mar 2020.  Princess seems to be doing the right thing.  I'm sure finding the cash when no revenue is coming in is a challenge.

On 4/19/2020 at 2:31 PM, C-LAD said:

What is the status of refunds for refundable OBC?  We are waiting for our OBC refund from a Sky Princess cruise which ended on March 14th (5 weeks ago).  Anyone have experience with OBC refunds considering the current situation?

We, too, were on Sky at that time and are still waiting for the same thing.  No update.

Glad to hear some folks have received a check for their refundable OBC.  We are still waiting for our check from our Caribbean Princess cruise that ended Feb. 13th.  Last week when our travel agent called Princess and inquired, he was told that Princess mailed us a check on March 7th which we never received.  So now, they have to investigate (confirm the check was not cashed) and reissue and mail us another check.