Liberty?

angelsfort

2 hours ago, NavyCruiser said:

Been on her 3 times, our fav ship.   Booked on her again for Nov.

But looks like no Liberty for the foreseeable future....

For any reason aside from the shutdown that is effecting everyone? 

We went on her not that long ago, the same as most Carnival ships design wise but she by far had the best service. I mean it was even close. We've never had terrible service on Carnival but these people busted their butts to go above and beyond especially in the MDR. I was told that it had to do with the Liberty doing short 3 day cruises. The majority of people sailing on it are first timers (a lot of wedding and bachelor/bachelorette parties) so they want to put their best foot forward to get people to come back.   

• Like 1

I am probably the only one here you haven't heard about Liberty.. is it big? How many passengers does it fit and what routes does it take? I guess its a budget version of Princess or something that takes shorter cruises and only near by destinations. 
Where can I read about it? I will be grateful if you could share a link with me. Thank you in advance

1 hour ago, Roger88 said:

I am probably the only one here you haven't heard about Liberty.. is it big? How many passengers does it fit and what routes does it take? I guess its a budget version of Princess or something that takes shorter cruises and only near by destinations. 
Where can I read about it? I will be grateful if you could share a link with me. Thank you in advance

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/ 3200-3500ish It does short trips (3/4 days) from Orlando that go to the Bahamas. Princess is a cruiseline, Liberty is a ship. Carnival could change out the itinerary to another ship if they wanted. 

I went on it for a bachelorette cruise and we had so much fun. We actually don’t drink and were worried it would be a “booze” cruise and it wasn’t at all. Great service and great food and the ship was clean 

Just a quick note, not that it's super important but, no ships sail out of Orlando, it is an hour away from the port. The ships sail from Port Canaveral. Why some sites say the cruise is from Orlando I'll never understand. I guess it might be because most folks have heard of Orlando or fly into the Orlando airport. 

• Like 2

We’ve been on Liberty 7 times, the last being January 2020. She’s a great ship, good size, very clean. The crew, including officers are some of the best ever.  The cruise director MarQ is really fun, makes sure everyone is having fun, too. We have a back to back scheduled for November so hoping that will happen. Also have one for March 1, 2021. Liberty would be a good choice.

5 hours ago, matymil said:

We went on her not that long ago, the same as most Carnival ships design wise but she by far had the best service. I mean it was even close. We've never had terrible service on Carnival but these people busted their butts to go above and beyond especially in the MDR. I was told that it had to do with the Liberty doing short 3 day cruises. The majority of people sailing on it are first timers (a lot of wedding and bachelor/bachelorette parties) so they want to put their best foot forward to get people to come back.   

This.

We had a blast. The service was so great that we spent the last day walking around finding Managers and letting them know how impressed we were with everybody. After we got home we completed the survey and wrote a letter.

Carnival is always great but the Liberty just stepped it up a notch and it was great.

• Like 2

On ‎4‎/‎26‎/‎2020 at 5:26 AM, Tjcalley said:

I went on it for a bachelorette cruise and we had so much fun. We actually don’t drink and were worried it would be a “booze” cruise and it wasn’t at all. Great service and great food and the ship was clean 

Funny you say that. Maybe it was the specific cruise I was on but the Liberty was the only time that I actually felt like I was on a booze cruise ever. Maybe because of the amount of bachelor/bachelorette parties or maybe because this was the first (and only time) that we ever got the cheers package...or maybe it was because we had Cookie as a CD :)  

On 4/26/2020 at 7:52 AM, Pyrate13 said:

Just a quick note, not that it's super important but, no ships sail out of Orlando, it is an hour away from the port. The ships sail from Port Canaveral. Why some sites say the cruise is from Orlando I'll never understand. I guess it might be because most folks have heard of Orlando or fly into the Orlando airport. 

A lot probably has to do with Carnival’s website listing the port as Port Canaveral (Orlando, FL). Like you said it is likely a marketing tool based on most people knowing Orlando because of Disney World. Of course Disney World isn’t in Orlando either.  

• Like 2

On 4/26/2020 at 8:02 AM, Joebucks said:

I've been on her twice, and had a great time both times. Truth be told, aside from the fantasy class, I like all of the ships (and even still enjoy myself on a fantasy cruise).

why don't you like the Fantasy class ships?

41 minutes ago, angelsfort said:

why don't you like the Fantasy class ships?

I don't hate them. I've had some great times on them. If I have the choice, I'm picking a larger ship. The Fantasy doesn't have as many options

4 hours ago, Midwestgal said:

Same here

Ours too; We've sailed her five times from when she was new thru 2013 and we were booked on her THIS WEEK!  Breeze took the lead and has kept us coming back for more.