Is there a chance for a Caribbean cruise in November, 2020?

MarynaPav

Given the latest announsment, I guess, situation with November cruising will be revealed by September. My payment is due on August, 17, hope we'll know by then. 

It'd be funny if I didn't receive my cash refund for April cruise by August, 17, because clearly I am not going to give out more cash until I receive the refund.  

On 5/6/2020 at 8:49 AM, cltnccruisers said:

We've been to most of the ports we're booked to go to in our next 3 cruises.  If we have any doubts we have no problem with a quiet port day on board.  They can be very relaxing.

I agree with that.  We have been to all the ports that Princess calls on many times during our 45 cruises.  Nothing more to see there, but we still like to look around and buy a little something to help them out.

6 hours ago, MarynaPav said:

Given the latest announsment, I guess, situation with November cruising will be revealed by September. My payment is due on August, 17, hope we'll know by then. 

It'd be funny if I didn't receive my cash refund for April cruise by August, 17, because clearly I am not going to give out more cash until I receive the refund.  

I had a Oct 27th cruise cancel yesterday.  I was hoping that it would go;  but not gonna happen.  It was on Island and it was a Med cruise;  I say; there is always 2021 to look forward to.  2020 had been a bust so far.

Sorting by Caribbean and date, I'm scheduled on the next sailing. November 4th on the Caribbean Princess. We've been booked for over a year. It's a 4-day to Princess Cays. I guess we will be guinea pigs. 🐹 🐹 No big deal if everyone stays on board. We didn't get off the ship when we did the same itinerary last December.  At least we know the ship will have been empty and well sanitized. DW and I have discussed our plans. We are in a suite so we'll just order from the MDR menu and chill on the balcony. Of course, the sailing may yet be cancelled. 

john_galt;  not a bad way to enjoy your vacation.  Hope you get to go.  I am batting zero.  We have had three vacations trips cancelled this year.  We are supposed to be on the Rhine river now with AMA Waterways;  oh well we can hope

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, voljeep said:

let's see how the Carnival starts up goes  if/when they begin ...

My deposit is not refundable (refared from VS to PH). I'll just wait and see what happens. May be some hoops to jump through.

We rebooked our April cancellation with daughters and granddaughters on Enchanted in December.  All Enchanted Med cruises and transatlantic are cancelled.  We're assuming she will still cross with no passengers and we'll be the 3rd or 4th on her.  Knock on wood.

We plan to cancel a Nov.5 repositioning cruise on the Sky. Once that I have the time a patience to place a call to Princess.We have a refundable deposit which should not be a problem to refund,hopefully.

Were looking forward to the cruise, but not dismayed about cancelling.

Afterall, there are more important things than taking a cruise- our health and well-being comes first.

We have enjoyed many cruises since we started taking this sort of vacation in 2004. 

We are more concerned about my Goddaughter’s wedding scheduled to take place in NYC at  end of September. Hopefully for her and her fiancé , this is a once in a lifetime event. Very disappointing if they have to postpone the wedding.

In the scheme of things, a cruise can be taken anytime,once the Clovid-19 no longer poses a threat to all people world wide.

My 2 cents would be 3-5 day cruises that you could B to B on that way they would be short enough to not have people stranded out at sea.  If they  require  a quick test the week before your cruise then check at embarkation they might be able to have people cruise without an issue.  Wearing a mask by the pool might be no fun but it could also be the difference between having a small issue or a whole ship.

I am not a doctor nor scientist and have not played one on TV.

But I do have a TA in November that I am 95% sure will be cancelled because the ship will never make it to the Med for it to sail back to Tampa.  Private island and cruises to nowhere would be safest, any place visited bring in  another vector.

Even when the no sail order is lifted the industry need the airlines to be back to something close to a normal schedule.  How practical is it to expect folks to spend 2 or 3 days driving on both ends of a cruise?  Charlotte to Ft Lauderdale or Miami is at the extreme end of my driving comfort zone so when possible we stop at Savannah or St Augustine.  I can't believe too many will drive from Canada, Illinois or California for a 7 day cruise.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cltnccruisers said:

Even when the no sail order is lifted the industry need the airlines to be back to something close to a normal schedule.  How practical is it to expect folks to spend 2 or 3 days driving on both ends of a cruise?  Charlotte to Ft Lauderdale or Miami is at the extreme end of my driving comfort zone so when possible we stop at Savannah or St Augustine.  I can't believe too many will drive from Canada, Illinois or California for a 7 day cruise.

There is even a bigger issue when it comes to the airlines.  Eventually the cruise lines will manage to get their 80,000+ crew members back to their homes.  The contracts will have been closed, and ships will be in various stages if "lay ups" with minimal engineering crew.  In order to restart cruising the lines will need to get crew members back to the USA and that is not easy given the mass cancellations of international air.  There is also the question of how many crew members will be willing to sign new contracts with this virus still active.  As bad as things have been for passengers it has been many times worse for crew.  At this time there are still approximately 80,000 who have not been able to get home and many of them are no longer being paid or are receiving a fraction of their usual compensation.  Many crew members have been sick, some have died, they have been denied the ability to travel, and some have even reported being outcasts in their own countries.   It is in this atmosphere that the cruise lines will somehow have to recall crew, enter into new contracts, and find a way to get them to the ships.   Argh!

Hank

• Like 4

We are booked on a back to back on the Enchantment.  I am not sure if the ship will be ready , but if it is and does sail, we shall not be on board!

• Like 1

update : just contacted princess 1-800 this morning and got a really great rep - went thru my booking in every detail trying to get us out of our IB interior on our little 5 day SKY at the end of Nov - 

was able to keep our original promotion, and our original non-refundable $ 100 deposit instead of a new promotion that would have "refunded" our NRD to a FCC, but now require a $ 200 deposit now, which was refundable 

summary - went from the IB on Riviera Deck to a DW - obstructed deluxe balcony on Emerald for a total of $ 134.80 for the both of us, keeping the same perks - Best 2DG - might add unlimited wifi once onboard, but it will be less than the $ 10 pp pd , but we would only add one person unlimited and the other use the perk minutes ( 150 ) 

seemed like a good deal to us this morning … now just hoping it still goes and survives the next round of cancellations

stay safe

peace out

• Like 1

I've said it before and even started a thread about it. The Princess reps have proven to be the best we've encountered so far.  Friendly, efficient and knowledgeable - not to mention that we've never been on hold for more than 2 minutes when we've called.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, voljeep said:

@MJSailors ... where is the SKY repositioning to on Nov 5

Some tips for anyone using the "@" tagging feature.  If what you type doesn't end up with blue highlighting, then the member you pinged won't receive a notice that you mentioned them in your post and may or may not see your post. 

The "@" feature won't work if the "@" is preceded by another character, such as "(@xxx)".  Be sure to leave a space before the "@", as in "( @xxxxxx)". 

Sometimes, the feature acts a bit slowly, so start the member handle typing a bit slow. 

Finally, as you type the member name, immediately after the "@", a pop-up list of matching names appears.  As you type, the list changes, showing only handles that match your typed letters so far.  You can stop typing when you see the name you want in the list (as it narrows down), or you can continue typing the entire member handle name.  But you must click on the correct member name in the pop-up list, or the tagging feature won't work.  Simply typing the name after the "@", hitting space-bar, and moving on to the next word does not create a tag. 

If you have typed the member name and carried on typing and you realize after that you did it wrong and did not get the blue highlighting, you have to go back to the "@" tag and delete the member name and start over from the "@" symbol. 

@voljeep - this did not work

@voljeep - this did work

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, john_galt said:

NYC to FLL 10-day scheduled for November 5th. 

Hi Robert and Linda,

I hope you are both well.   This has been some 2020 !   I am booked on the Nov. 5  ten day NY  repo on the Sky to the Carib. I have done this cruise before and it was wonderful.  The Princess summer cruises on theSky were cancelled through the 5 day Sky to Canada. Many people on the  Nov. 5th were supposed to go on the Oct 31st  5 day cruise to Canada for a b2b . So there is a possibility of it being cancelled too. Who knows the airline situation. Plus do I want to put myself in that position.

NYS and Gov Cuomo have been slow and cautious  with all the rules and directives. I totally support  the strategies and all the info he shares every day on tv. 

Be safe !

Sali

• Like 1

Yes, Orangefan,we have become supporters of Gov.Cuomo and how he is handling theCovid-19 situation in NYS.

Living in Suffolk County,we are very well aware of the effects of this dastardly virus.

My DH and I took this repositioning  cruise before also ,on the Regal Princess and enjoyed it very much. We were looking forward to the new Sky Princess and we were hoping to have Captain Tuvo (bye-bye)on the cruise as he has such a great reputation.

We are cancelling the cruise due to health concerns.

A bit disappointed,but being realistic and responsible- much like Gov. Cuomo 😊