Interested in TA responses

Ombud

What is the possibility that there will be a 3rd person for $1 sale before next March? I've booked 2 in an Alaska cruise balcony but might want to add a 3ed, so yes, this is a personal question 

I would think it's unlikely. It seems to me that ships will want to sail below capacity to accommodate social distancing. It remains to be seen what will transpire IF and WHEN a vaccine becomes available. I'm not a TA so hope it's ok with you that I gave my opinion.

Edited by cruzsnooze

With the addition of Princess Plus Pricing (making the Best Sale Ever promo permanent) new sales will be limited.  With this promo refundable deposits are $100 per person.  I would book the third person.  If the person does not sale, you can remove them and the extra $100 paid will just go towards the final payment.  I know every penny is precious right know and even if an extra $100 is no big deal, it is still $100, any way you look at it.  You could also book a cabin that sleeps three and IF, and that is a gamble, IF the occupancy limits on the ship and lifeboat station allow, you can add the third person.  If there is a possibility a replacement third person could go if first one cancels, book the third person as TBD.  Also, your TA may be able to extend the option on the cabin and book once you know for sure who is sailing.  A good, local, experienced TA will give you these same options.  Oh, and TA's have been told to grab all the group space for this year and next that we can as the demand for sailing next year will be great.  So using a TA may give you access to some great rates.  

On 5/1/2020 at 12:44 PM, Ombud said:

What is the possibility that there will be a 3rd person for $1 sale before next March? I've booked 2 in an Alaska cruise balcony but might want to add a 3ed, so yes, this is a personal question 

I thought it was against the rules here to identify oneself as a travel agent.

1 hour ago, Roberto256 said:

I thought it was against the rules here to identify oneself as a travel agent.

Actually, no.  They just can't post anything that could be construed as soliciting  This is from the Guidelines:

Participation of Travel Agents

Travel agents (and their associates, employees or designated representative) are encouraged to participate in the discussions on the Cruise Board and establish themselves as experts on a particular topic by responding to members' inquiries with useful answers. You are welcome to sign your first name and note your professional business as long as you comply with the following:

• You may not use your business name as your Cruise Critic user name.
  • You may sign your posts with your first name only.
  • You may include your company name in your signature.
  • No phone numbers, business location (city or state), web site address, contact info or e-mail address are allowed either in signatures or your Cruise Critic profile.
  • Responding to member's inquiries on the boards with an ad for your services is not allowed.
  • Only items of a general nature may be discussed on the forums by any travel agent.
  • Travel agents are not allowed to solicit for tours on Roll Calls.

Cruise Critic considers requests to be E-mailed for additional information as soliciting and will return those postings to any travel agent trying to sell or promote themselves on Cruise Critic. Additionally, attempts to circumvent our rules may result in your company name being censored from our forums. The above guidelines are not all inclusive, and Cruise Critic reserves the right to remove any image, logo, byline, user name, posting, avatar, or picture that, in the sole opinion of Cruise Critic is too promotional in tone.

Edited by Shmoo here