New Bookings

53 minutes ago, travelbug2225 said:

I never cruise on Windstar but I just came across the deal for 7 days on Tahiti. Is $1399 a great deal?  My husband always want to go to Tahiti. When I show him the Wind Spirit he just fall in love with the ship.  Got a quote last week included the $400 OBC for the B category but haven't get a chance to book by the time I contact my travel agent the promotion is no longer valid.   But we still thinking about booking this cruise.     But since you guys have more experience than me, so just want to hear your opinion.

Travelbug...I hope that you decide to go! $1399 is a wonderful deal especially because you'd be hard pressed to find a land stay in Tahiti including meals for less. And the magical that is Wind Spirit is hard to describe. I hope you decide to do it! We did the 17 day Nov 2018 and going back for the same May 2021. There are many of us who'd help you with excursions. The prices are impossibly good and will be gone soon.  Please email me if you have more questions. petuniafish@gmail.com

16 hours ago, travelbug2225 said:

I never cruise on Windstar but I just came across the deal for 7 days on Tahiti. Is $1399 a great deal?  My husband always want to go to Tahiti. When I show him the Wind Spirit he just fall in love with the ship.  Got a quote last week included the $400 OBC for the B category but haven't get a chance to book by the time I contact my travel agent the promotion is no longer valid.   But we still thinking about booking this cruise.     But since you guys have more experience than me, so just want to hear your opinion.

That is a great price. For context, our 2022 10-day was $4500 and with the recent pricing, we were able to move to August 2021 for half of that price to an 11-day.. There seems to be a new sale through June 2 that offers $200/OBC for cruises under 14-days. Strike while the iron is hot!

Well, you all talked me into it. I've booked the 3/25/21 7 day Tahiti cruise. I've had my eye on this cruise for awhile and, as you've said, it's a screaming deal at $1399, plus we are able to use frequent flyer miles for premium air. I would have gone for a 10 day but a) they don't have one in March and we already have travel plans for later in the spring and summer, and b) 7 days is the limit for DH. (We were on a two week cruise once and it really was too long for us.) We have now convinced my brother and sister in law to join us-it will be their first time on Windstar. We had already booked, they had a booking on hold and both of us were upgraded the next day to Category A cabins! Unbelievable times we're living in, for sure.  We are really looking forward to returning to French Polynesia. We've only been there once, chartering a sail boat with friends for our 20th anniversary. Next year will be our 45th wedding anniversary-where does the time go?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TakingFlight said:

Well, you all talked me into it. I've booked the 3/25/21 7 day Tahiti cruise. I've had my eye on this cruise for awhile and, as you've said, it's a screaming deal at $1399, plus we are able to use frequent flyer miles for premium air. I would have gone for a 10 day but a) they don't have one in March and we already have travel plans for later in the spring and summer, and b) 7 days is the limit for DH. (We were on a two week cruise once and it really was too long for us.) We have now convinced my brother and sister in law to join us-it will be their first time on Windstar. We had already booked, they had a booking on hold and both of us were upgraded the next day to Category A cabins! Unbelievable times we're living in, for sure.  We are really looking forward to returning to French Polynesia. We've only been there once, chartering a sail boat with friends for our 20th anniversary. Next year will be our 45th wedding anniversary-where does the time go?

Congratulations and an early happy 45th wedding anniversary. How fun to be returning to Tahiti on a different sailing vessel! Keep the ship warm for us. 🙂

Thankfully I came across this forum...

I am planning a very special trip in 2021 and decided to have a look on Windstar! I requested a quote, but never received an offer. :classic_sad:

So I contacted the company by Email - again no response. :classic_sad: Finally, after several failed attempts, I received an automatic reply to contact the company by phone - which is useless, as their office is 9 hours ahead and I don't want to wake up at 3am just to get a simple quote. Never experienced such poor customer service. 

So, does anyone of you have a direct Email address to the "Vacation Office", or maybe a "real" person I can contact? ThanX!!

42 minutes ago, jaykayham said:

I am planning a very special trip in 2021 and decided to have a look on Windstar! I requested a quote, but never received an offer. :classic_sad:

So I contacted the company by Email - again no response. :classic_sad: Finally, after several failed attempts, I received an automatic reply to contact the company by phone - which is useless, as their office is 9 hours ahead and I don't want to wake up at 3am just to get a simple quote. Never experienced such poor customer service. 

So, does anyone of you have a direct Email address to the "Vacation Office", or maybe a "real" person I can contact? ThanX!!

You don't need to contact Windstar direct to book. use a TA. That's what I did. You will get a better deal with OBC and other perks shown in by the agency. 

1 hour ago, jaykayham said:

Agree with Susie.

Cruise Critic doesn't allow recommendation of travel agents or agencies so no one can help you there. But if you know some agencies all you need to do is pull up their website and attempt to book it. You can't really book Windstar online with any online agency. But if you try you'll get an email to request info about the cruise from the agency. In the comments in your email explain that you are 9 hours ahead and can only communicate by email.

The catch is for whatever reason not all agencies sell Windstar so you may have to hunt a bit. If you put your ship, destination, date info into Cruise Critics "find a cruise" feature, the name of an agency who sells Windstar will pop up and you can email that company. Email more than one agency to get the best deal. Google "best online cruise agencies". There is a website where you can enter your ship, date etc and various agents send their best offer to you so you can select. But unfortunately Cruise Critics rules prevent me from telling you the name. Again google.

If you are looking at Tahiti do this quickly- like I would send out several emails to online cruise agencies today. Tahiti prices are so good a lot of the inventory is sold out. You don't have a lot of time. Good luck to you. Wish we could all be of more help.

Edited by Petoonya

3 hours ago, jaykayham said:

You do not say where you live, but from the 9 hour time difference I am guessing it is not the US.  The Windstar Cruises website has a listing of their worldwide offices at https://www.windstarcruises.com/our-company/world-offices/

And here is the list if the link above does not work for you.

ARGENTINA
Discover The World - Argentina
TEL: 54-11-5274-1600

Charlier@discovertheworld.com.ar

AUSTRALIA
Travel The World
TEL: 61-2-8296-7077

sussanaht@traveltheworldgroup.com.au

BELGIUM
Discover The World - Belgium
TEL: +31-(0)-202410168

andre_vandersluis@discovertheworld.com

BOLIVIA
PACIFIC REPS. LTD
TEL: 562-2334-7000

cruceros@pacificreps.cl

BRAZIL
Queensberry Viagens E Turismo
TEL: 55-11-3217-7100

m.jensen@queensberry.com.br

CHILE
PACIFIC REPS. LTD
TEL: 562-2334-7000

cruceros@pacificreps.cl

CHINA
BJ Newayer Travel
TEL: 
8610-8644-666
alan@newayer.com

COSTA RICA
DISCOVER THE WORLD
TEL: 507-301-0404
v
entas@discover.com.pa

COLOMBIA
Crusalia S.A.
TEL:50-78365475
OCASTILLO@CRUSAIIA.COM

CYPRUS
Century Travel
TEL: 35770000970

dan@centurycyprus.com

CZECH REPUBLIC
Discover the World
TEL: 420-223-312-186
jana_mitkovova@discovertheworld.biz

DENMARK
BELLA VISTA
TEL: 452-020-0400

jbs@BellaVista.dk

FRANCE
Compagnie Internationale de Croisieres
TEL: 33-1-4575-7894

V.RICHER@unoceandecroisieres.com

GERMANY
Unlimited Cruises
TEL: 49-06103-70646-0

info@unlimited-*****

GREECE
DISCOVER THE WORLD - GREECE
TEL: +30-210-9690-167

dino_frantzeskakis@discovertheworld.gr

HONG KONG
Sightseers (HK) Limited
TEL: 852-228-506-168

linda@sightseers.com.hk

HUNGARY
Discover the World
TEL: 361783-3083
istvan.kuti@discovertheworld.hu

INDIA
STIC Travel Group
TEL: 91-124-459-5300

richa@sticgroup.com

INDONESIA
Discover The World
TEL: +62-21-521-2129

belindasin@discovertheworld.com.sg

ISRAEL
Arei Travel Wholesalers, LTD.
TEL: 011-972-3528-4010

zeev@arei.co.il

ITALY
GIOCO VIAGGI s.r.l.
TEL: +39 010 55 531169

clagioni@giocoviaggi.com

JAPAN
Seven Seas Relations
TEL: 81-90-2157-7070

operator@windstarcruises.jp

LUXEMBOURG
DISCOVER THE WORLD
TEL: 316-2-214-37-37

andre_vandersluis@discovertheworld.com

MACAU
Sightseers (HK) Limited
TEL: 852--228--506-168

linda@sightseers.com.hk

MALAYSIA
DISCOVER THE WORLD
TEL: +60-327-3-2715-2277

vivianku@discovertheworld.com.sg

MEXICO
Central De Cruceros De Mexico SA DE CV
TEL: 5255-5250-6223

bph@cruceros.com.mx

NETHERLANDS
Cruise Travel Nederland
TEL: 31-3-41-37-1137

pauline.mak@cruisetravel.nl

NEW ZEALAND
Francis Travel Marketing
TEL: 64-9-489-1363

susan@francistravelmarketing.co.nz

NORWAY
AUSTRALIAREISER
TEL: 47-23-31-77-00

martin@australiaresiser.no

PANAMA
DISCOVER THE WORLD
TEL: 507-301-0404

ventas@discover.com.pa

PARAGUAY
DISCOVER THE WORLD- ARGENTINA
TEL: 54-11-5274-1600
charlier@discovertheworld.com.ar

PERU
Pacific Reps
TEL: 562-2334-7000

mwatkinson@pacificreps.cl

PORTUGAL
Un Mundo de Cruceros
TEL: 35-121-032-9444

geral@unmundodecruceros.com

PUERTO RICO
First Class Services, Inc.
TEL: 787-722-8536

mtoste@firstclasspr.com

RUSSIA
Via Maris
TEL: 7-495-565-3457

elena.k@viamaris.ru

SINGAPORE
Discover The World
TEL: +60-327-3-2715-2277

jimmykwan@discovertheworld.com.sg

SOUTH AFRICA
Cruises International
TEL: +27 11-327-0327

reservations@cruises.co.za

SOUTH KOREA
Cruises International
TEL: 082-2-319-0900
sales@cruise.co.kr

SPAIN
Un Mundo de Cruceros
TEL: 34 93 412 51 37 or 34 91 542 76 63

comercial@unmundodecruceros.com

SWEDEN
Fijiresor & Australienresor - Sweden
TEL: 468 676-9790

rod@australienresor.se

SWITZERLAND
Delphi Reisen AG
TEL: 41-44-718-48-88

nnoser@delphitravel.ch

TAIWAN
Trans Pacific Express
TEL: 886-02-2521-6833

haltpe@ms22.hinet.net

TURKEY
Golden Bay Tour
TEL: 90-212-232-8800

serkan.demirtemel@goldenbaytour.com

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
DISCOVER THE WORLD -DUBAI
TEL: 971-4-44-65703
cruise@discovertheworld.co

Uruguay
DISCOVER THE WORLD - ARGENTINA
TEL: +54-11-5274-1600

charlier@discovertheworld.com.ar

VENEZUELA
Representaciones High Class, C.A.
TEL: 5-82127E+11
anavas@rephighclass.com

WEST BALKANS
Discover the World
TEL: 381-11-243-50-64

nikola.dudukovic@discovertheworld.rs
g
oran.jokic@discovertheworld.rs

Do not give up on Windstar. Your experience with Seattle is not even remotely like what your experience on board will be. Their Tahiti is bliss, about as perfect as one can get.

Seattle does not even come close in service as  what you  will get on the ship. Use a travel agent. You will not get frustrated or angry.  Why  the difference who knows, I have always wondered how they got business but once on you will  be so happy . You are making a good decision, call a few travel agents get the one that knows the most about cruising and Windstar. Happy Sailing.