BEWARE! Celebrity is NOT refunding money for cancelled cruises

wsjim

2 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Do people create multiple screen names???  😕

Of course... one gets to know them after a bit of posting by them...

bon voyage

9 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

Of course... one gets to know them after a bit of posting by them...

bon voyage

Now, there's an idea I never thought of .

LOL---Would anyone catch on to " who " started a new thread wondering with '' Great Anticipation "  who the Captain on their cruise in 2023 will be ? 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, lucymorgan said:

There are kind responses to the OP here but there are also some responses that really show a disturbing lack of empathy or appreciation that other people's situation might be different to their own.  I hope every one gets their money back or their future cruise and that the cruise companies survive so that we can cruise again one day. 

One thing I have noticed with this whole pandemic and its effects is that there seems to be some big (cultural?) differences in how people respond to these circumstances.  Why do people put down other people who are anxious about getting their money back instead of supporting them and wishing them the best?  

Am not sure you are on the same page as most posters here.  Of course I and others would like everyone to be happy and the refunds to happen smoothly and in a timely fashion.  The problems usually happen when posters make cancellations or changes to a reservation.  Seems to make no difference working with Celebrity direct or a TA.  The OP gives their complaint and it often is evident their action is not covered by a policy.  I cancelled a cruise two days before it was cancelled.  I would love a refund, but am not entitled to anything except a FCC.  My TA made it clear exactly what I would receive.  Thus my problem.  It is sort of like the online order when you review your purchase one more time.  That action needs to be done carefully - but often is done too quickly.

I truly think some posters did not understand the effect of their actions.  Others listed a problem and then gave additional information of changes they made that changed things.  In a normal world Celebrity or a TA might assist a long time customer.  Today with thousands of people with problems that just isn't happening.

Make sure a reservation is exactly what you expect and be careful of changes - Even a payment can change your situation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, az_tchr said:

Am not sure you are on the same page as most posters here. 

I don't disagree with much of what you say.  I am sure I am not on the same page (thankfully).  It is easy to be a know-it-all if you are an experienced cruiser - I've seen it many many times on these forums.   Doesn't make it kind though - especially when people don't know what others are going through.   I feel very lucky with our situation here in Australia but I can understand that there are many people in very dire situations.  

Edited by lucymorgan

1 hour ago, ipeeinthepool said:

That's pretty sad.  Do they usually answer their own questions?

Some will some will not...

They have a major issue which they choose to not post under their original screen name to avoid the 'flaming' as it were...

The topic might be too hot to be identified with...

Then when they return under the original screen name, most are none the wiser...

bon voyage

Edited by Bo1953

6 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

Some will some will not...

They have a major issue which they choose to not post under their original screen name to avoid the 'flaming' as it were...

The topic might be too hot to be identified with...

Then when they return under the original screen name, most are none the wiser...

bon voyage

Thanks for the inside baseball information.   I guess I'll need to analyze people with a very low post count a little more carefully.  In the past, I haven't paid much attention to post count.

Edited by ipeeinthepool

7 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Thanks for the inside baseball information.   I guess I'll need to analyze people with a very low post count a little more carefully.  In the past, I haven't paid much attention to post count.

You have to match a low post count with a recent join date. The are some people who have been on the board for several years but simply don't post very frequently.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, lucymorgan said:

It is easy to be a know-it-all if you are an experienced cruiser - I've seen it many many times on these forums.   

You don't have to be a " cruiser " to be a " know it all -- you just have to think YOU " know it all  " about everything.

Gotta remember, sites like this do attract those who will " push your buttons " on anything you post.

( I've mentioned this on other threads , but, you might have missed it ).

Best advice--- You will learn very quickly who continuously does this and just ignore them . Never take anything personal .

On a positive note -- there are so many knowledgeable , polite folks that make CC a great site and fun to participate on . 

13 hours ago, Nymich said:

Or maybe he's creating a new screen name for a new thread.

No. S/he posted yesterday but it appears the name of the online travel agency was mentioned again (as well as in original first post, which was edited out) and therefore the entire post was deleted.