Refund - Grandeur Mar 7, 2020 sailing

While on the Mar 7, 2020 sailing on the Grandeur of the Seas, we were offered 100% refund or 125% FCC since we weren’t able to go to the majority of the ports on our itinerary. We applied on Mar 22, 2020 for the 100% refund and were told it we would receive thE refund, but would take 30 days. We have yet to receive our refund. Has anyone that was on this sailing who applied for the refund received credit on their credit card? 

I was on the Jewel of the Seas March 9th when this whole thing went down. We just got our refund from that two days ago. (They refunded everyone on that sailing as well if they wanted.) If you used a travel agent, they send it to them and then they release it to you so it takes longer. 

7 hours ago, Lmack said:

Has anyone that was on this sailing who applied for the refund received credit on their credit card? 

If not already done, also ask this in the roll call thread for this sailing.

We were on the same cruise and opted for the FCC.

We did nothing as the website suggested and on April 13th we got the Credits via email.

We have applied them to one future cruise and since the amount of the FCC exceeds the upcoming cruise the balance will be applied to the second cruise we have reserved.

We always use a TA and the FCC Certificates were sent to OUR EMAIL.  I forwarded them to our TA and she applied them to our NOV. cruise. Royal will apply the remaining balance to our JAN. 2021 cruise after our NOV. sailing.

Not a refund, but just some information on the timing of the FCC for that same cruise..

Hope you get satisfaction soon.

8 hours ago, bearette said:

I was on the Jewel of the Seas March 9th when this whole thing went down. We just got our refund from that two days ago. (They refunded everyone on that sailing as well if they wanted.) If you used a travel agent, they send it to them and then they release it to you so it takes longer. 

They apply it to the credit card that is used to pay for the cruise (with the cruise line).  If your payment is to your TA and not to RCI then the refund will go to the TA.   (I never recommend this and always work with a TA that has me stay on the line while they process my payment directly with the cruise line).   

• Like 2

Although we used a TA on this sailing, I called the phone number listed on the handout the staff on the ship gave us to apply for the refund on Mar 22nd. I was told the refund would be applied to the credit card. We didn’t want an FCC for this sailing.

I did try to go to the Roll call for this sailing, but I can’t find it. We were receiving the posts from this roll call before and while on this sailing. Don’t know where it’s gone.

We are still waiting on our 3/7 Grandeur refund also.  Our initial call was 3/19. We called Royal about this last week (5/1), and they said due to the high volume of refunds it was just beginning to be processed.  They expected it would take another 30 days.

12 hours ago, Biker19 said:

If not already done, also ask this in the roll call thread for this sailing.

Actually I went to my roll call and they are telling about short fccs and even more full of misinformation, like your deposit taxes and fees are refunded and not part of the fcc.

At least you have ourusualbeach here to keep down the misinformation.  Though a lot are saying they are short . My roll call is even worse than what you see here.

Rcl made fcc just too complicated 

9 minutes ago, RETNAVY1996 said:

Ouch,  I can see why you would do it that way.  I wonder what’s going to happen to others that paid the TA, then the TA paid on their own CC (for points or whatever) and now are out of business.  Could be a real fight with CC company to dispute the charge to TA.

That's one reason why Florida does not allow that practice.   Agents who are located in FL or service clients in FL have to get state licenses and agree to several terms, including the fact that they will not use their own cards to pay for clients' travel.  (BTW, RCI frowns on the practice as well).

14 hours ago, Lmack said:

Although we used a TA on this sailing, I called the phone number listed on the handout the staff on the ship gave us to apply for the refund on Mar 22nd. I was told the refund would be applied to the credit card. We didn’t want an FCC for this sailing.

I did try to go to the Roll call for this sailing, but I can’t find it. We were receiving the posts from this roll call before and while on this sailing. Don’t know where it’s gone.

Here is your Roll Call link: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2528299-3-7-20-grandeur~grab-your-beads/

Hope everyone is doing well. As of today, we still haven’t received our refund. When TA contacted RCCL they looked into our booking and refund. According to RCCL processing our request had fallen through the cracks, and they were now going to enter it manually. Has anyone who requested a full refund received theirs yet? Everyone stay safe and healthy!