Lets see 1st time cruise pictures

lnm6170

Like a lot of people  our cruise was canceled this year 😢. DW and I  were looking through our cruise pictures over the years  and  this is picture is our 1st cruise . We were on the Triumph in 10/2002  from  Norfolk Va  . We talked  while on that cruise about  skipping a year before we took another cruise . The day after we got home  we called and booked for  the next year we were HOOKED nothing like the 1st though  . Have not missed a year  since  for the last 18 years.

We thought it be fun to see others 1st time cruise pics .

1stcruise.jpg

• Like 1

1976 HS Senior Trip

T/S Flavia (Costa)  15,465 GRT (very small)

Port of Miami to Bahamas

😟 Disliked the experience.  No, I hated it.  I may have been quoted as saying, "What fool would do this again?"  Triple-digit sailings after that time, it still makes me giggle.  These days I love love love all cruising.

Years after the dreadful experience, that ship was going through a re-fit,  caught fire and sunk (glug glug glug). 😊

Flavia 2.jpg

1 hour ago, DGP1111 said:

1976 HS Senior Trip

Port of Miami to Bahamas

😟 Disliked the experience.  No, I hated it.  I may have been quoted as saying, "What fool would do this again?"  Triple-digit sailings after that time, it still makes me giggle.  These days I love love love all cruising.

Years after the dreadful experience, that ship was going through a re-fit,  caught fire and sunk (glug glug glug). 😊

Flavia 2.jpg

What made you hate the experience? The ship? How was the food? I cannot imagine me sailing back then. You are very fortunate to have been able to do that. Especially for a H.S. Sr. trip. 

20 hours ago, lnm6170 said:

This was our 1st cruise director  Cory  he was a lot of fun did anyone else  cruise with him ?

cruise director cory.jpg

He was our first cruise director as well aboard the Celebration

My very first cruise was on Fantasy out of Mobile in 2009 with a friend; it was her first cruise also. Since I'm terrified of water, I wasn't sure how this cruising thing would go! But I wanted to try it. By day 2, I never wanted to leave that ship. I had fallen in love with cruising very quickly. My 12th cruise is booked for Oct.; I'm hoping we get to go especially since the one we had booked on the new Mardi Gras was cancelled. The Oct. Glory cruise is our re-scheduled trip. So, here's something from my 1st trip. I remember thinking how HUGE and OVER THE TOP everything was on Fantasy. Now, she looks so tiny to me----but I LOVE THAT SHIP! Yep, we took our traveling Gnomes with us!

1st Cruise-Carnival Fantasy-Progreso-Cozumel-Jan 30-Feb 4, 2010 063.jpg

1st Cruise-Carnival Fantasy-Progreso-Cozumel-Jan 30-Feb 4, 2010 072.jpg

1st Cruise-Carnival Fantasy-Progreso-Cozumel-Jan 30-Feb 4, 2010 138.jpg

1st Cruise-Carnival Fantasy-Progreso-Cozumel-Jan 30-Feb 4, 2010 259.jpg

1st Cruise-Carnival Fantasy-Progreso-Cozumel-Jan 30-Feb 4, 2010 276.jpg

1st Cruise-Carnival Fantasy-Progreso-Cozumel-Jan 30-Feb 4, 2010 304.jpg

1st Cruise-Carnival Fantasy-Progreso-Cozumel-Jan 30-Feb 4, 2010 309.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/12/2020 at 6:59 AM, ZoeyVictoria said:

They have announced quite fair, even generous, policies.  Choice of full refund or voucher for 125% of cost, and the vouchers are good for 24 months, can be transferred, and will automatically be refunded at expiration.  Very impressive, I hope other cruise lines will follow suit when/if this happens.

On 5/9/2020 at 10:05 PM, DGP1111 said:

1976 HS Senior Trip

Port of Miami to Bahamas

Flavia 2.jpg

On 5/9/2020 at 10:05 PM, DGP1111 said:

1976 HS Senior Trip

Port of Miami to Bahamas

Flavia 2.jpg

I was on a ship very much like this in 1966 for a senior class trip. Also Miami to Bahamas. Could have been the same ship. I have not been able to locate any photos. Oh, and I really enjoyed it!

This is not my first cruise, that was in 1995 on the Regent Sun, but this is the earliest pic I have handy to show. It is in 2007 on the Triumph, and that was our 6th cruise. The pic was of my hubby on the steps leading up to the Topless Deck. Anyone else remember that Carnival use to have a Topless Deck? Our second cruise was the Ecstasy in 2000, then the Destiny in 2001, the Spirit in 2002, the Victory in 2004, then the Triumph in 2007. We took several years off, paying for colleges and weddings of 5 children, then in 2014 sailed the RCCL Independence of the Seas, and Oasis in 2015, the NCL Getaway in 2017 & 2018, Carnival Breeze in 2019, and Glory just this past February 2020. We currently have a 14 Day Journey cruise on the Freedom for January 2021 and a B2B on the Mardi Gras for January 2022 booked. Hoping COVID doesn’t destroy our cruise addiction. 

2E09F068-EF29-44BD-AFB3-AD680CD57BAC.jpeg