M Class: S1 or C1 ?

phe8800

We are 2 adults and our 14 year old son.

Looking at a Caribbean cruise onboard Summit in October 2021.

Should we book a S1 for the Suite Perks ? Or a C1 for the aft veranda ? 

Any comments on both, thanks ..

We upgraded to a suite once, it was nice and we loved Luminae, but we would never pay full price for a suite again.  

An aft balcony is great, we did that for Alaska.  We had an aft balcony for a cruise from Singapore to Dubai and it was too hot to use, since it had no part of the balcony with a cover.  You are going in October, so perhaps the heat will not be terrible.

The suite perks are very nice but generally the price difference is more than 2x.  Neither of these rooms are really that big for 3.   If you can find one available there is a great inside cabin adjacent to the aft C1's which I would think would be a great alternative probably for less money than the S1.  I believe Celebrity allows minors to be booked in connecting cabins or across the hallway.

image.png.24794466d5ee26751ab854490247f36f.png

6 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

The suite perks are very nice but generally the price difference is more than 2x.  Neither of these rooms are really that big for 3.   If you can find one available there is a great inside cabin adjacent to the aft C1's which I would think would be a great alternative probably for less money than the S1.  I believe Celebrity allows minors to be booked in connecting cabins or across the hallway.

image.png.24794466d5ee26751ab854490247f36f.png

Great suggestion if both your family and X are good with it.

The M class aft C1s have some of the best balconies at sea.

I just checked and this combination is available on the 10/30/2021 Summit sailing.  This sailing is the first after the repositioning cruise so the only one in Oct.   8172 is my favorite cabin on M class ships.

Another alternative might be AQ.  I'm not sure if Celebrity allows minors traveling with adults in AQ to dine in Blu.  The Deck 11 aft cabins also have insides across the hallway.  The insides are all available on this same sailing.   If it were me I'd stick with the C1.

image.png.6abd03fcd3cc7b3d91b944cbf51e1ba6.png

There are two S1s on the M class ships that are substantially larger than all of the others - 6145, 6146. They are next to the PH suites and were designed to be added to them as an extra cabin if needed. Three passengers woiuld be comfortable in them. We loved 6145. They get booked very quickly.

8 hours ago, 4774Papa said:

We upgraded to a suite once, it was nice and we loved Luminae, but we would never pay full price for a suite again.  

An aft balcony is great, we did that for Alaska.  We had an aft balcony for a cruise from Singapore to Dubai and it was too hot to use, since it had no part of the balcony with a cover.  You are going in October, so perhaps the heat will not be terrible.

Aft C1 balconies on M class have plenty of cover.

I've stayed in both with a teenager.  Some of the S1's have a larger balcony but hardly compare to the C1.  It depends what you value more.  Balcony space or a little larger cabin and Luminae (the only real suite perks on summit imo).  If you don't mind having a smaller cabin then I would go with the C1.  The C1 Aft will have plenty of shade and sun.  Perfect views for sailaway with the gorgeous islands in the backdrop and sunset.  Plenty of room for having morning coffee and breakfast on the balcony.  Ask for a lounge chair and enjoy the evening stars with a drink.

Imho, I think the suite perks especially after the revolution where they charge a lot more are worth very little on the Summit.  The Retreat Lounge is very sterile and the furniture is very uncomfortable.  We never used it.  The Retreat Sundeck does not have a pool and provides very little shade.  We only used it briefly on embarkation day and the sea day.  The Summit has a very port intensive Caribbean itinerary so you are not on the ship to enjoy many of the Suite amenities other than Luminae and a little larger cabin.  

Good luck and enjoy the great Southern Caribbean itinerary the Summit offers.