Gift Card Refunds?

mbglib

1 hour ago, Ombud said:

Are you experiencing a delay in getting the funds put on the cards or a delay in getting a replacement card once it is refunded to a card you do not have access to? 

I had requested one new gift card  to refund my deceased Husbands cruise payment. (We had paid for a cruise with 3 gift cards and 3 Bonus cards, so there may be some confusion between refunds.)

The first Rep on the phone said she would request one. However, today I received one GC and one Bonus card. Not sure if I will receive any other GIft Cards as they may be "banking" the remainder of my money for future cruises since I selected Option 1 (keep my money and give me 150 perfect additional cruise credit.)

Hope this isn't too confusing. Just very pleased his refund to a GC has occurred.

So sorry to hear about your loss 

I had another concern so I called back & was put through to customer services. She confirmed that the rest of the refunds went through to my Visa. Umm problem. On this cruise I had 8 gift cards, some FCC, & 1 FCD. I had already gotten the FCC & FCD. so she rechecked and stated yes it's on your credit card not gift cards. Supposedly 3400 to visa & 1150.46 to gift cards. I hope she's right. She says it should be there 'soon' like the end of the week

Stick a fork in me I'm done 😶

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Ombud said:

I had another concern so I called back & was put through to customer services. She confirmed that the rest of the refunds went through to my Visa. Umm problem. On this cruise I had 8 gift cards, some FCC, & 1 FCD. I had already gotten the FCC & FCD. so she rechecked and stated yes it's on your credit card not gift cards. Supposedly 3400 to visa & 1150.46 to gift cards. I hope she's right. She says it should be there 'soon' like the end of the week

How did you get so lucky??  I wish I could get some of my $11K back on my credit card rather than all the gift cards 🤣. Still waiting for gift cards for one of our cabins to be re-loaded as well as a giftcard re-issued for my daughters account. The re-issuing situation takes longer from what they told me since they have to make sure the other card is voided first. Congrats on wrapping up your refund!

I think it's an error. But she said it should show up by Friday. The customer service repeated that. IF and it's a big if it does then USAA will accept the credit. But they won't accept a charge if they  try to reverse their error and put it on a gift card instead

I hope the 2 of them are correct and they don't stop the visa credit. I'm going to spend it but I'm a control freak

Edited by Ombud

14 hours ago, cacruiser54 said:

Rebecca, I also emailed the appropriate department to request one card for all refunds. However, today I received an email back that one card for my Deceased Husband has been credited, and a separate Bonus card has been refunded.  They advised that my gift card refunds are still in process.

Just happy to see that some of the gift cards are being refunded!

BTW, our cruise was originally scheduled for early May.

Stay healthy all!

Are you indicating they are refunding actual cash for a gift card or just replacing the value onto a gift card (old or new)? 

14 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

Are you indicating they are refunding actual cash for a gift card or just replacing the value onto a gift card (old or new)? 

They refunded for money paid to them for a cruise; that was paid using a Princess GC. 

9 hours ago, cacruiser54 said:

They refunded for money paid to them for a cruise; that was paid using a Princess GC. 

Great news.  I had a couple gift cards that were placed on two different cruises, both of which were canceled at the same time.  When I asked my PVP, she told me they weren't refundable as cash.  Good to hear otherwise as they are now applied to a different cruise.  If that sailing also falls victim to cancellation, which I fear it will, it's good to know I stand a chance of getting my cash back.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

Great news.  I had a couple gift cards that were placed on two different cruises, both of which were canceled at the same time.  When I asked my PVP, she told me they weren't refundable as cash.  Good to hear otherwise as they are now applied to a different cruise.  If that sailing also falls victim to cancellation, which I fear it will, it's good to know I stand a chance of getting my cash back.  

I question this whole situation,  maybe those were special circumstances because of the death of the husband.  I have close to $11K worth of gift cards and they have refunded most of everything back to the original form of payment (gift cards).  The reps. don't actually realize until they start looking at the booking that they are gift cards until they see so many of them.  They appear as credit card #'s, I had one rep. ask me how many different credit cards did I use, 🤣.  I had to explain they were gift cards, and then she understood.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, voljeep said:

sometimes we make decisions that don't work out as we planned .

If your referring to me, I don't regret purchasing them as I saved over $1,000 total for the 2 cabin booking.  I have already booked another cruise and used some for the deposit, and will probably use some of the rest to pay it off to get the additional 10% savings and OBC, probably another $750 savings.  So it's a matter of waiting it out.  This whole refund process has been a pain regardless of form of payment with the length of time it has taken.  We hav been using gift cards on cruises for about 6-7 years now and never had a problem with anything, just took advantage of the savings.  But we never had a pandemic previously either. So it's a chance we took and looks like it might work out after all with this new offer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Our Princess PCC called us on 7/21 regarding our refund of gift cards we had used on a cancelled cruise. She advised me to E-mail Gift Card Dept. to give them all info regarding cards,as I no longer had the numbers. Later that day received an automated e-mail stating that it would take some time due to conditions. Today opened e-mails and found info to print off five $1000.00 cards also for the $250.00 bonus.I will put these to use on a cruise we have booked for end of January hopefully by then things will be close to normal. As of now I have received all of my money that was due me for two cancelled cruises. Only refund I am now waiting on is a refund for three tours with Paddywagon Tours in Ireland, they are somewhat dragging their feet on refunds.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, hunt182644 said:

Our Princess PCC called us on 7/21 regarding our refund of gift cards we had used on a cancelled cruise. She advised me to E-mail Gift Card Dept. to give them all info regarding cards,as I no longer had the numbers. Later that day received an automated e-mail stating that it would take some time due to conditions. Today opened e-mails and found info to print off five $1000.00 cards also for the $250.00 bonus.I will put these to use on a cruise we have booked for end of January hopefully by then things will be close to normal. As of now I have received all of my money that was due me for two cancelled cruises. Only refund I am now waiting on is a refund for three tours with Paddywagon Tours in Ireland, they are somewhat dragging their feet on refunds.

Thanks for the info. in this post concerning the gift card refund. My daughter had A $500 gift cards that she couldn't locate, so I contacted the gift card dept. and got same auto email response. So I resent the email again today and guess what, a person actually replied and said gift card would be resent within 24 hours. Finally, some acknowledgement from a cancellation over 130 days ago. Glad you have yours  finished. If I could only get them to process the rest of my other cabin refund for another $5k in gift cards. 🤣

• Like 2

I had 2 cruises cancelled by Princess; I chose Option 1 FCCs for both cruises.  I used 3 gift cards spread over the two cruises as part of my cruise payments.  My gift cards refunds were included in my FCCs and not a new gift card.

• Thanks 1

exactly as it should be.

ADDED: I save a screenshot of every gift card until I use them up (which includes using the services :: ie cruise ::). I didn't know why but now I do

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Ombud said:

ADDED: I save a screenshot of every gift card until I use them up (which includes using the services :: ie cruise ::). I didn't know why but now I do

I know right, I will probably make a spreadsheet for the cruise I booked for 2022, to try and use all these gift cards up.  I keep copies of everything, however one of my adult daughters seemed to misplace one $500 gift card after she used it for final payment.  Luckily they did issue a new one, however one would never thought we would be going through all of this in the year 2020.  The way Princess does their payments with gift cards and each individual person, it's a nightmare trying to figure out the amounts they put on each and every card.  I feel so bad for my daughters because they work hard for their money and to have so much tied up in gift cards, I think I will be buying them back from them to help them out, 🤣.  Might take advantage of this promotion though since there are gift cards just sitting here . . . 

12 hours ago, Ombud said:

I checked about selling them and I'd take a 20%+ loss

I also looked online about doing that, lol. Well since I did get a 10% discount on the card originally, that might be a 10% loss. That is if anyone would even want to buy them, I don’t really want to give them away. Guess we are stuck in gift card limbo 😂

• Like 1

On 7/30/2020 at 6:25 PM, Ombud said:

Mine are all placed into Word documents. It's easy to do and I see no downside at all. I think you are wise to do so. 😎

• Like 1

So update, they did issue my daughter a new $500 gift card and was received within 24 hours, just as promised.  Also called into yesterday evening and was confirmed my other cabin booking had been finally processed after 132 days. 😁  The rep. was super nice and helpful and read out all of the gift card #'s to me with the amounts re-loaded as well as the credit card amount refunded.  What do you know, the amounts were all correct and matched up to my figures, 😱.  But seriously I am very thankful and appreciative for the completion of this long-process.  Good Luck to all still going through it.  Now I can go and apply these gift cards to my new booking for 2022 to receive the 10% discount and extra OBC.  There seems to be a good outcome for all of this stress-filled past 5 months. 

• Like 1

How long did it take to go from the refund being processed to actually showing up? Mine was processed July 28th but the 1 gift card that I have still is sitting at $202 instead of the $782 that she said was there. I don't have the other cards. Wondering if I should call Monday 

3 hours ago, Ombud said:

How long did it take to go from the refund being processed to actually showing up? Mine was processed July 28th but the 1 gift card that I have still is sitting at $202 instead of the $782 that she said was there. I don't have the other cards. Wondering if I should call Monday 

My advice to anyone that is still waiting is to call, call, & call again.  That is the only way my 2 cabin bookings got processed and refunded.  For the first cabin I know gift cards were done on 7/16/20 & credit card posted on 7/20/20 and FCC credited on 7/23/20.  For second booking gift cards were posted on 7/30/20 as well as credit card refund on 7/30/20.  She said that they have gone through the refund department and now gift card department has to send them through.  However my FCC for that booking did credit on same day as other cabin on 7/23/20, lol.  I will wait until Monday to check gift card balances, as not sure if that department works the weekends.  But I feel confident they will show up next week, because she could quote the exact amounts and gift card #'s to the penny, and some were strange amounts.  However they all added up to the final figures they had quoted me back in March and by my calculations also.  You mentioned not having all of your cards, so that is another step you need to contact gift card support and they have to go through the process of voiding the original cards and re-issuing new ones for replacements.  They only have the last 4 digits of the gift cards, but it was enough for me to determine which one my daughter was missing.  Good Luck and continue to call in, sooner or later you will get the answer your looking for, as I did yesterday. 😁

• Thanks 1

On 7/27/2020 at 7:08 PM, Ombud said:

It's not there, I think I was lied to. No wonder she extended the date my deposit for my 04/2022 cruise was due to August 26th

So after being told that my refund had been processed on 7/30/20, which consisted of majority of gift cards and one credit card deposit.  Still gift cards have not been re-loaded 5days later, so today the customer service rep. told me to email gift card support and request they re-load my cards attached to that booking.  She stated she talked with someone higher up and was told I needed to do that, lol.  My question is they had already re-loaded over $3K worth of gift cards for excursions almost 2 months ago for both of our bookings with no problem and no help on my end.  Then they re-loaded my daughters gift cards for their refund for their cabin on 7/16/20, again with no help from me as well as their credit card refund on 7/20/20.  So why is it now that I need to do all of this to get them to do their job????  Really getting frustrated once again over this and it's not worth it. The rep. asked me to take the time to do a survey on their service and I was honest and told her I would rather reserve my opinions until after I have received my refund, lol.  Ironically it didn't ever go to a survey option.  I asked for a contact person that I could submit to rather than just the whole department, but she stated to just include booking # that it was already notated in the system.  I think we are all being lied to, just trying to get us off the phone.  I will just keep sending emails until I get some type of response from somebody.  I would hate to see my booking # right now with all the calls and information they've attached to it in their system.

• Thanks 1

My next email will be Monday. Its already in draft:

"5 months & still waiting for 50%FCC on xxxxx1. Any news? 

2 months & waiting on xxxxx2 I was told that Xxxxx2 was put back on the gift cards / visa on July 28th. Any idea when it will show up? I was told to not make a deposit from the gift cards onto xxxxx3 until it was fully processed." 
  • Like 1