Could all ships install wellostations?

Dallas approved $1m to buy these wellness stations. They are already at some hospitals like Baylor. The news said more will be installed here. The next ones at Love Field, but they are thinking libraries, basket ball courts. Deciding who all will get them here.

They showed it on the news where you walk up and it prints out the time and temperature. Still would need a monitor. In the example the person had a badge or boarding pass so someone couldnt do it for a sick person, has to match your id.

I hadnt seen these before. They are stand alone mounted to the floor stations, dont know how to crop, it's the one on the left. Not the app.

20200513_212736353.jpeg

Edited by firefly333
Durn spell check, wellness stations, not work stations

If you do then people will be upset about invasion of privacy.  It doesn't seem to do much more then a thermometer.  50 bucks and have someone aim it at folks when they pass by.  Still gets same complaints though. 

If a worker still has to be there to monitor the results, then why not just have that person take people's temperatures instead?  Waste of money.

When I see "Wello" I think "Jello" 😁

Edited by time4u2go
  • Like 1

I think how they monitor temperature is less important than what they do with the info. 

I won’t be getting on a cruise ship until they’ve defined and made public the process for handling people with high temps. Will they be quarantined? Will they be allowed to disembark at the end of the cruise? Will they be left in a port if their temperature is high when returning from an excursion?

9 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

But if I have C-19 but I'm not symptomatic, won't my temperature be normal?  I ask this question with regard to any temp screening efforts....

17% of infected are considered highly contages and will show no signs of infection. A-systematic rate for the flu is 25%.

What’s known about how contagious an asymptomatic person might be?

No matter what, if you’ve been exposed to someone with COVID-19, you should self-quarantine for the entire 14-day incubation period. Even if you feel fine, you’re still at risk of spreading the coronavirus to others.

Most recently it has been shown that high levels of the virus are present in respiratory secretions during the “presymptomatic” period that can last days to more than a week prior to the fever and cough characteristic of COVID-19. This ability of the virus to be transmitted by people without symptoms is a major reason for the pandemic.

10 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

But if I have C-19 but I'm not symptomatic, won't my temperature be normal?  I ask this question with regard to any temp screening efforts....

Yes, your temperature could be normal.  Some people have fever with it, some don't.  If this catches those that do, then so much the better.  There is no failsafe detection that will detect it in everybody, but this is better than nothing. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, time4u2go said:

If a worker still has to be there to monitor the results, then why not just have that person take people's temperatures instead?  Waste of money.

At doctor's office recently I registered 99.3 on one machine and 97.7 on another.  Which do you believe?  Not all machines are equal.  I normally register 97.3 at home on my thermometer sub normal.

13 hours ago, time4u2go said:

I think there would have to be a rcl employee around or someone could find a way to cheat. Though I dont think they monitor it at hospitals and the airport. They are using some kind of badge id so you cant swap with someone else.

Idk how it would work.

Today I heard about masks with sensors that would detect someone with covid in your vicinity and saw a 3m logo in the back. Missed part of the interview. They said they would be on the market in a few weeks. I'm wondering about the cost. I'd buy one. 

I'm just looking at ways people will feel safer, safe enough to cruise.