Anthem Obstructed Balcony Rooms

2 hours ago, Mousy said:

We researched this room before we booked it. The Lifeboat in front of this room is a little shorter so it does not come up and block the balcony as much.

Also the room shape is a little different. more of a square instead of a long rectangle

I noticed the room seemed to have a lot of space at the end of the bed and between the bed and balcony.  Thought perhaps it was a handicapped room but deck plan doesn't indicated that.  Thanks for sharing.

On 5/16/2020 at 1:37 PM, robtulipe said:

Below is a deck 6 plan I did showing Anthem's lifeboat davits. Definitely avoid balconies with the large arrows in front, especially if there are two, which are for the large davits. 

AnthemDavits.jpg

Thanks so much. I used this with overlap of the deck plans with the Odyssey to pick my cabin. I'm hoping it pans out

On 5/16/2020 at 1:37 PM, robtulipe said:

Below is a deck 6 plan I did showing Anthem's lifeboat davits. Definitely avoid balconies with the large arrows in front, especially if there are two, which are for the large davits. 

AnthemDavits.jpg

This is a great chart for davits etc.  Thank you so much for sharing.

On 5/18/2020 at 5:52 PM, Mousy said:

We stayed in room #6658. Which is classed as obstructed.

Here is a YouTube video of the room from last November if you are interested.

Question.   Do you hear any odd noises with having the lifeboats and davits outside / below your balcony?   just wondering when all quiet at night and laying in bed if there will be any unusual noises in the cabins.   I am looking at booking 6658.   Thank you for sharing your video.  

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Question.   Do you hear any odd noises with having the lifeboats and davits outside / below your balcony?   just wondering when all quiet at night and laying in bed if there will be any unusual noises in the cabins.   I am looking at booking 6658.   Thank you for sharing your video.  

No, we did not have any extra noise at all with the lifeboats or people down below walking on the deck. I find the sliding door is really good at soundproofing eternal noise. 

What itinerary are you looking at? If you need any more help let me know. This room has a larger balcony then some of the because the room is wider than longer. 

1 hour ago, Mousy said:

No, we did not have any extra noise at all with the lifeboats or people down below walking on the deck. I find the sliding door is really good at soundproofing eternal noise. 

What itinerary are you looking at? If you need any more help let me know. This room has a larger balcony then some of the because the room is wider than longer. 

Great I just booked this cabin for march 28th 2021 at a fabulous price for an ov balcony.  I have stayed in similar cabin 7658 and enjoyed the room layout and shower seems larger than most since these cabins are more square.

Thank you for your help. 

We were supposed to do the same itinerary this past march for my DHs birthday but we all know what happened there.  We did same itinerary march 2019 for his birthday too.  

We love the anthem and everything she has to offer and the fact we can drive to port in a little over 2 hrs is much nicer than flying.

We are also booked on anthem for december 7th 12 night cruise.

This is our first time trying an obstructed view and looks this we should still have nice view in this cabin.

Happy Memorial Day!

On 5/18/2020 at 5:52 PM, Mousy said:

We stayed in room #6658. Which is classed as obstructed.

Here is a YouTube video of the room from last November if you are interested.

Thanks for posting that video, will make sure we avoid those cabins.  Don't like that it only has a chair and not a sofa.  Square footage looks smaller than the obstructed view cabin my Mom had on deck 6.  

5 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

Thanks for posting that video, will make sure we avoid those cabins.  Don't like that it only has a chair and not a sofa.  Square footage looks smaller than the obstructed view cabin my Mom had on deck 6.  

We had a sofa in our room on deck 6.  That room looked like the solo room a friend traveling with us had.

On 5/18/2020 at 6:39 PM, orla56 said:

We were in cabin 6704 right at the back.Liked being able to use the secret door. (It might not be so secret now )

We sailed in 2015.The room was very quiet no traffic you could see ok standing up and we enjoyed the fresh air. 

It was great for the price we paid.

IMG-20150601-WA0002.jpg

The view we had from 6668 was identical to the one above from Orla56.  For the price we received on this during President's week it could not be beat. Quiet and a great location.