How to lift and switch

The fact is they don't have to be more flexible, they could just offer you a refund.

Either follow this or take refund.
31. Understanding that the same itinerary, stateroom category, sailing length, and timeframe are a requirement, is it essential that my client rebook on the same ship as well?
No, it is not required that your client rebook on the same ship or ship class.
Except they aren't offering me a refund, they are offering me a FCC. I booked to be on Harmony of the Seas, next year that ship is sailing from Italy!

I am not laying out $3500 now so I can cancel 48 hours before my cruise so I am able to get a refund.

Cruise prices are more expensive for the same time next year so my FCC won't help me out of I have to come up with extra money.

The whole situation is tough and the cruise lines are trying their best. But I think they should be offering CASH refunds. It's not their fault and it isn't my fault either.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Hawg11 said:

Except they aren't offering me a refund, they are offering me a FCC. I booked to be on Harmony of the Seas, next year that ship is sailing from Italy!

I am not laying out $3500 now so I can cancel 48 hours before my cruise so I am able to get a refund.

Cruise prices are more expensive for the same time next year so my FCC won't help me out of I have to come up with extra money.

The whole situation is tough and the cruise lines are trying their best. But I think they should be offering CASH refunds. It's not their fault and it isn't my fault either.

Your first post in this thread says you booked a 

Harmony out of port Canaveral for 7 nights to western Caribbean.

Under the shift and switch you can price protect the price you got and move it to another ship and western itinerary, I'm not sure what the your beef is about? Just find another ship during the 4 week span before or after your date and switch to that ship.

Edited by Jimbo

54 minutes ago, Hawg11 said:

Switch to Symphony for 2021 using the lift and switch. Prices protected. 

3 minutes ago, Hawg11 said:

I hope they let me switch the itinerary is different.

There are the same itinerary types in the 4 week window...select the same itinerary. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

10 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Switch to Symphony for 2021 using the lift and switch. Prices protected. 

Exactly I don't think the OP knows it's the same class ship that Harmony is:

Makes for any easy switch, no extra money at all out of your pocket, just pick the same category cabins that you had on Harmony,  even look at maybe upgrading your current cabin on Harmoney before you make the switch and  maybe look at getting that same nicer cabin on Symphony if that is what you want.

It's a win, win situation for you, you should not be complaining about anything in your situation.

There isn’t a vacation in the world that packs more adventure into one week than Oasis Class ships — Harmony®, Allure®, Symphony®, and Oasis of the Seas®. 

Symphony of the Seas

• Day 1: Miami - Florida
    • Sat Aug 14 2021 | Depart 04:30 PM
    • Day 2: Cruising
    • Sun Aug 15 2021
    • Day 3: Puerto Costa Maya - Mexico
    • Mon Aug 16 2021 | 08:00 AM To 05:00 PM
    • Day 4: Roatan - Honduras
    • Tue Aug 17 2021 | 08:00 AM To 04:00 PM
    • Day 5: Cozumel - Mexico
    • Wed Aug 18 2021 | 08:00 AM To 06:00 PM
    • Day 6: Cruising
    • Thu Aug 19 2021
    • Day 7: Perfect Day Cococay - Bahamas
    • Fri Aug 20 2021 | 07:00 AM To 05:00 PM
    • Day 8: Miami - Florida
    • Sat Aug 21 2021 | Arrive 06:00 AM
Edited by Jimbo

Just now, Jimbo said:

Exactly I don't think the OP knows it's the same class ship that Harmoney is:

There isn’t a vacation in the world that packs more adventure into one week than Oasis Class ships — Harmony®, Allure®, Symphony®, and Oasis of the Seas®. 

Unfortunately though Oasis is in Bayonne so that’s out and Allure isn’t getting amped so even though it qualifies it may not be what the OP was expecting. Just really leaves Symphony. 

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Unfortunately though Oasis is in Bayonne so that’s out and Allure isn’t getting amped so even though it qualifies it may not be what the OP was expecting. Just really leaves Symphony. 

I was just clasifying fo him that all those ships were Oasis class........

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Hawg11 said:

So, was the itinerary the same? Like western Caribbean? I am confused as to what has to be the same to have the lift and switch apply. There is a whole list of requirements, I didn't know if only one had to apply or not.

Close but not the same. Allure was 14 nights Barcelona to Miami with 4 port stops including Coco Cay.  Harmony is 14 nights Barcelona to Port Canaveral with only 1 stop at Malaga. Did not like the loss of ports but I think the first few months after cruising starts will be a total PIA as rules and guidelines change monthly or even cruises to cruise. Royal will have to deal with rules and guidelines from every country and every port, listen to everyone complaining about too many changes or not enough.  CDC now says length of time being exposed may be a far greater risk than type of exposure, 30 minutes in the Windjammer may be far less risky than 2.5 hours in the MDR. It is all wait and see. 

2 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

Close but not the same. Allure was 14 nights Barcelona to Miami with 4 port stops including Coco Cay.  Harmony is 14 nights Barcelona to Port Canaveral with only 1 stop at Malaga. Did not like the loss of ports but I think the first few months after cruising starts will be a total PIA as rules and guidelines change monthly or even cruises to cruise. Royal will have to deal with rules and guidelines from every country and every port, listen to everyone complaining about too many changes or not enough.  CDC now says length of time being exposed may be a far greater risk than type of exposure, 30 minutes in the Windjammer may be far less risky than 2.5 hours in the MDR. It is all wait and see. 

Might be easier just wait for vaccine before cruising again.

5 minutes ago, davekathy said:

RC needs to "lift" my requested refunds from their account and "shift" my money back to my credit card. 

Sorry they need that money to pay CSR so they can handle calls when they come in to book more 2021 cruises.

10 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Sorry they need that money to pay CSR so they can handle calls when they come in to book more 2021 cruises.

Sorry, their problem isn't my concern. 

Edited by davekathy

We have a 10 day cruise out of Tampa on Jan. 23, 2021 on Rhapsody.  Sure would like to shift it to Jan/Feb 2022, but there are no 10 day cruises out of Tampa in 2022.  Guess the lift and shift option is not an option for me.

13 minutes ago, Dennis#1 said:

We have a 10 day cruise out of Tampa on Jan. 23, 2021 on Rhapsody.  Sure would like to shift it to Jan/Feb 2022, but there are no 10 day cruises out of Tampa in 2022.  Guess the lift and shift option is not an option for me.

Doesn’t have to be out of Tampa,.  Are there other 10 day cruises out of somewhere in Florida that have the same basic itinerary. 

10 nights on the Vision out of FLL in  Jan and Feb  that would qualify for the L&S 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

5 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Doesn’t have to be out of Tampa,.  Are there other 10 day cruises out of somewhere in Florida that have the same basic itinerary. 

10 nights on the Vision out of FLL in  Jan and Feb  that would qualify for the L&S 

Thanks.  I saw that 10 cruise on the Vision, but it has a different itinerary (does not visit  Aruba and some other ports).  A closer itinerary was a 9 night cruise out of Miami on Explorer.  Has RCCL made any exceptions for a 9 day cruise (or is 10 days mandatory).

3 minutes ago, Dennis#1 said:

Thanks.  I saw that 10 cruise on the Vision, but it has a different itinerary (does not visit  Aruba and some other ports).  A closer itinerary was a 9 night cruise out of Miami on Explorer.  Has RCCL made any exceptions for a 9 day cruise (or is 10 days mandatory).

They will allow you the 10 day before the 9 day.  They are very rigid in the number of days while they will allow more leeway with the actual ports.  

• Like 1

On 5/17/2020 at 8:36 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

For the most part the6 are sticking with east to east and west to west.  Also if one has western with perfect day you must switch to another western with perfect day not just western 

What if it was opposite..I have allure (western...no perfect day) but would like to switch to Symphony  Western w/ perfect day...Both leave from Miami and are 7 days in length.. Would I be able to L&S??? Thanks

Edited by Scoobydobe7

4 minutes ago, Scoobydobe7 said:

What if it was opposite..I have allure (western...no perfect day) but would like to switch to Symphony  Western w/ perfect day...Both leave from Miami and are 7 days in length.. Would I be able to L&S??? Thanks

They seem to be requiring the perfect day as that is how the itineraries are advertised. 

5 minutes ago, Scoobydobe7 said:

used to be no, but I believe a few have made that change now, can't hurt call and try

Edited by Jimbo

On 5/17/2020 at 11:49 AM, not-enough-cruising said:

I called an switched an August 2020 Harmony sailing to a Symphony 2021 sailing. 

I am looking to do the same. Have an 8D balcony on Harmony and want to switch to Symphony. For 2021 there are no longer any 8D's  on Symphony they will be re-categorized to  4D. Should that be a problem?

4 minutes ago, rotty2 said:

I am looking to do the same. Have an 8D balcony on Harmony and want to switch to Symphony. For 2021 there are no longer any 8D's  on Symphony they will be re-categorized to  4D. Should that be a problem?

Had a similar issue moving from Allure in December to Harmony in December 2021. They moved us to the same room without issue.

11 hours ago, Scoobydobe7 said:

We were able to change from Eastern to Eastern with Perfect Day. Not sure if they allowed additional leeway since we were going from a Christmas cruise to another Christmas cruise.