Carnival postpones its millionaire investment of the Carnival Victory/Carnival Radiance

shof515

14 hours ago, DAllenTCY said:

The cabin door had been altered with a louvered screen at the bottom......not great for sounds in the hallway, but new.

David

Are you sure that's a REAL open louver? On almost all of Carnival's newbuilds and refurbs that's just a DECAL and not a real louver. 

46 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

Are you sure that's a REAL open louver? On almost all of Carnival's newbuilds and refurbs that's just a DECAL and not a real louver. 

Answering my own post. Looks like the louver potion is real and everything else is a decal.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/photos/ships/carnival-sunrise-1336/member-3/160610/

Edited by kwokpot

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/19/2020 at 1:34 PM, Saint Greg said:

It's smart. This isn't the best time for cruise lines to be spending money. I bet they would've walked back Mardi Gras if it were in early enough of a stage to do so.

Smart? We're booked 3 weeks B2B in April 21, no refurbish, we'll cancel!

Thinking a lot others will feel the same way!

That being said, we heard Carnival had started work in Spain again with this shipyard reopening!

Edited by AmBear

Where did you hear that the Victory had actually made it into the drydock?  Now that would be great news.  I read something and it had a photo of a ship entering drydock BUT then I read where the Victory was still tied up at the pier. Thanks.  Don

Question about all the overhead activities being installed on the Radiance.  Has anyone ever cruised on a ship with all the overhead activities and rides?  Just wondering because in amusement parks from time to time those people overhead lose their lunch.  I am thinking about when laying by the pool or on deck and moisture from above falls on you.  Sorry for the gross visual picture, but asking for a friend.  LOL  But I do have concerns.  I am going to paste this on the forum also.

1 hour ago, airdale said:

Where did you hear that the Victory had actually made it into the drydock?  Now that would be great news.  I read something and it had a photo of a ship entering drydock BUT then I read where the Victory was still tied up at the pier. Thanks.  Don

Victory is not in dry dock and still moored at the pier . Allure of the seas is in dry dock . Google carnival victory location and you can follow her in real time 

On 6/12/2020 at 7:42 PM, UrbishN said:

Victory is not in dry dock and still moored at the pier . Allure of the seas is in dry dock . Google carnival victory location and you can follow her in real time 

The question arises from someone suggesting the Radiance/Victory was already in dry dock, completed what was needed there, and is now out of dry dock and (slowly?) undergoing other internal renovations.  She doesn't need to be in dry dock for everything, just the hull mods/repairs/clean-up.

1 minute ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

The question arises from someone suggesting the Radiance/Victory was already in dry dock, completed what was needed there, and is now out of dry dock and (slowly?) undergoing other internal renovations.  She doesn't need to be in dry dock for everything, just the hull mods/repairs/clean-up.

They do the same thing for new builds when they are building a ship. Once the hull and superstructure is built, the ship is then floated out of the building space and then towed to a outfitting pier/dock for the internal work 

On 6/15/2020 at 9:36 AM, shof515 said:

They do the same thing for new builds when they are building a ship. Once the hull and superstructure is built, the ship is then floated out of the building space and then towed to a outfitting pier/dock for the internal work 

Love your optimism , but John Heald said work has not begun on Victory 

1 hour ago, UrbishN said:

Love your optimism , but John Heald said work has not begun on Victory 

My interpretation was work had not restarted yet. There really is no point in starting work before cruising begins again. Only a few weeks are needed. There will still be time to finish.

1 hour ago, BlerkOne said:

My interpretation was work had not restarted yet. There really is no point in starting work before cruising begins again. Only a few weeks are needed. There will still be time to finish.

My interpretation from an article in Spain was that the ship arrived the day before the shipyard was shut down . There were contractors onboard when she arrived and Carnival had to repatriate those workers . It appears those contractors will have to be brought back to continue the work as the shipyard is not equipped to handle the refurbishment alone . Time will tell , hoping they can get everyone back to complete her by her scheduled sailings in November 

Sadly John Heald posted this in reply to a payer this morning: 

Hello Norman mate. , it’s great to hear from you after watch been quite a while I think. We’re still waiting for the conversion to start and hopefully as things get better all the time throughout Europe this will not be too much longer before happening. As soon as I have any confirmed and definitely use I will of course share it with you. Thanks so much and I am looking forward to the day when I cruise with you again. Cheers

😞 I’m booked on the Thanksgiving sailing in an promenade aft balcony for 4 I booked January 2019. Not going to get that on any other ship at this point. Plus the 8 day cruise with southern ports. 

I had an amazing deal with RC for Symphony Thanksgiving week so I took it, I am now double booked for Radiance & Symphony. If Radiance is ready I will have a big decision as Symphony is 1/3 the price of Radiance cruise. I decided to double book because I really an not confident Radiance will be done in time and another announcement is coming soon.

9 hours ago, amyjoy202697 said:

I had an amazing deal with RC for Symphony Thanksgiving week so I took it, I am now double booked for Radiance & Symphony. If Radiance is ready I will have a big decision as Symphony is 1/3 the price of Radiance cruise. I decided to double book because I really an not confident Radiance will be done in time and another announcement is coming soon.

Smart .. November is cutting it close for Radiance. I really don’t think they will cruise in August and better to not have a ship in dry dock when they do . 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

On 6/17/2020 at 7:55 AM, ugagal07 said:

😞 I’m booked on the Thanksgiving sailing in an promenade aft balcony for 4 I booked January 2019. Not going to get that on any other ship at this point. Plus the 8 day cruise with southern ports. 

We 3 will also be on the Thanksgiving cruise...hopefully.  But with July being tomorrow and things still shut down it is beginning to not look so good.  I figure if work doesn't start before August 1, CCL will probably cancel our November cruise also.  Time will tell.  Don