O club members sale

LHT28

10 minutes ago, arima22 said:

Yes, fairly regularly over at least the past 2 years.

I guess  I never noticed  them online before

I know  TAs  get the  sales 

3 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Not online. Emails

I asked if they had been posted ONLINE  before

Yes I know  people get emails with the specials

16 minutes ago, CintiPam said:

Lyn, I too never have seen this online, only in an email from my TA.

Thanks  Pam

I am usually aware of things  like that  but getting old so starting to doubt my own usually great memory LOL

😁

20 minutes ago, CintiPam said:

Lyn, I too never have seen this online, only in an email from my TA.

Like "extended journeys" vs "custom cruises," there are some subtle differences in O "sales."

I too get from TAs what are informally called Oceania's "quiet sales," which are a rotating (usually a month long) sale among Connoisseur Club travel agencies. The cruises will include anything scheduled at an approximate 5% discount (not unlike "book onboard") and the cruises with bigger discounts 10-15%+ due to empty cabins, which all the TA's get.

The O Club emails are direct from O to O Club members whether or not they use a TA and they apply only to cruises that aren't selling well.

5 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Like "extended journeys" vs "custom cruises," there are some subtle differences in O "sales."

I too get from TAs what are informally called Oceania's "quiet sales," which are a rotating (usually a month long) sale among Connoisseur Club travel agencies. The cruises will include anything scheduled at an approximate 5% discount (not unlike "book onboard") and the cruises with bigger discounts 10-15%+ due to empty cabins, which all the TA's get.

The O Club emails are direct from O to O Club members whether or not they use a TA and they apply only to cruises that aren't selling well.

Before anyone thinks about booking if your passport needs renewing think about this it might take many months to get one !! even into next year.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/ea/passport-covid-19.html?fbclid=IwAR06LRV0ScQhaK0JAP2URj-gyjwW4qjTMT59dJd3mJnttENGwPaQMv5h1LI#.XsV-lQhlrC4.facebook

11 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Well not ALL  club members get the emails

We have been sailing with O since 2004

17 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Well not ALL  club members get the emails

We have been sailing with O since 2004

Of course not ALL O Club members get the emails. As with the mailed brochures, anyone with an "account" on the O website can change their "marketing communications preferences" in the settings under Guest Services. Whether you were on the "get emails" list to begin with depends on a variety of obvious circumstances. 

The mini-conundrum is that among the many marketing emails you may not want to get, there is the occasional special for select cruises that offers "Ultimate O Life" AND the O Club discount. However, I've yet to see, among the available cruises, one that would interest us.

I got the email, plus the fancy brochure. Some interesting cruises on there, I’m just already booked up! Maybe for another year. Currently I have three O cruises booked and one river cruise over the next couple of years. Regardless of price, I have neither the time nor the money to book anything else currently. 

If a really attractive “ quiet sale “ comes along from by TA, that’s a different story! 😋

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Hawaiidan said:

correct......invitation only

Sort of.

As aforementioned, while there are the exclusive TA invite emails for "quiet sales" with or without the more frequent list of close-in-to-cruise-date price drops, there is the occasional email with a selection of cruises having an O Club discount that comes directly from Oceania to all O Club members who have chosen to receive Oceania marketing emails. To the best of my recollection this O direct ad campaign started within the last two years.

the point of my post  seems to be lost on some 🙄

This was the first time I have seen it listed in the Special offers page on the Oceania website

Yes people do get special  sales from their TA's

Yes people get the emails from Oceania on the Club Members sales

But  again I have not noticed  the Members Club sale  online on their website  

if you did   good  I just missed it  then