Alcoholic drink packages

nemesees

Since there are 8 days at sea, plus embarkation day, with daily  5 or more specialty coffees,  several glasses of wine and cocktails at dinner, plus a few Cocktails here and there During shows and whatnots, I think the package will be More than fair at the very least.

On 5/25/2020 at 4:03 PM, ninjacat123 said:

It really depends on what you figure you'll be drinking daily.  Cheers also includes non-alcoholic drinks, like fancy coffees, milkshakes, energy drinks which all add up as well, cost-wise.  I would look at a Carnival drink menu and tally up what you estimate you and who is in your cabin will drink.  We have purchased bottles of vodka and rum for our room, but you also need to factor in mixers, either bringing enough on board or purchasing. Just food (or drink) for thought🙂.

Yep.  I always say it's all in the math.

On 5/25/2020 at 3:12 PM, firefly333 said:

Galveston cant drink until international waters  though I know shops and stuff do open soon after, that night, just later

Well actually I think you can drink while in Galveston... they have fun ship drinks. I think perhaps it has to be liquor made in texas? Someone is sure to know, but I know you can drink in port before ship leaves

It doesn't have to be made in Texas but it needs to be bought from a distributor in Texas.   Since the cruise lines buy in bulk usually, they only purchase a small amount of liquor from a Texas distributor to comply with the short time its required.  Bottles bought from a Texas distributor will be labeled with a small barcode sticker.  

The pricing may have something to do with type of cruise. More sea days may mean more drinking. Where in port days, people get off the ship for hours at a time. Bermuda is an example. It docks for 2 to 4 days with passengers returning late at night. Less drinking there. By lowering Cheers it may attract some to take the package.

8 hours ago, nemesees said:

The pricing may have something to do with type of cruise. More sea days may mean more drinking. Where in port days, people get off the ship for hours at a time. Bermuda is an example. It docks for 2 to 4 days with passengers returning late at night. Less drinking there. By lowering Cheers it may attract some to take the package.

Other than the recent exception previously mentioned, Cheers has always been the same price (there have been price increases since Cheers started) regardless  of the type of cruise and/or how many sea/port days are on the cruise. 

yes there are occasionally sales.  I purchased my current package with an extra 20% off the regular price $581.824 US vs last purchase price of $858.22 US

I'm going to give it a try on my next cruise.  I figure with specialty coffee, a morning Bloody Mary, a malt here and there, and I will certainly save something.  Don't have to drink all 15 drinks a day!  With what they charge, it's not difficult to see breaking even when I look at the entire menu.

11 minutes ago, Kenito said:

I'm going to give it a try on my next cruise.  I figure with specialty coffee, a morning Bloody Mary, a malt here and there, and I will certainly save something.  Don't have to drink all 15 drinks a day!  With what they charge, it's not difficult to see breaking even when I look at the entire menu.

I believe someone calculated if you drank 6-7 drinks a day, you would break even.  Also figure in that you can get energy drinks, sodas, cappuccinos, waters etc so that brings the daily cost down as well.

• Like 1