FTTF for Spring 2021 Available Now

5 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

Thanks for pointing that out. I use that list of categories all the time, but never realized one of them was FTTF. It still shows "0 Results" for our Jan. cruise, but at least now I know that's a fast/easy way to check.

That's also the same place they had the new Pixels photo packages (though still expensive) before they pulled them down again. 

12 hours ago, kimma11 said:

We are on the 4-10 Breeze and it is not showing up. They must be updating it by boat maybe? I will keep checking as we really enjoyed it. 

Historically they have released them by port. Not sure if that is what's happening this time or not.

32 minutes ago, BK456 said:

I got mine for January 2021! Pretty big price increase.... but still worth it to us!

Whaaaa?? A price hike on FTTF? That's the first I've heard of it. Pray tell, what is it now?

15 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

Whaaaa?? A price hike on FTTF? That's the first I've heard of it. Pray tell, what is it now?

Seven day Vista was $109.95.

The first time I bought it was in 2014, a seven day on the  Magic from Galveston, $49.95.

It's the goose that keeps on laying the golden eggs for Carnival.  It's a lifesaver for my back.

48 minutes ago, bury me at sea said:

Seven day Vista was $109.95.

The first time I bought it was in 2014, a seven day on the  Magic from Galveston, $49.95.

It's the goose that keeps on laying the golden eggs for Carnival.  It's a lifesaver for my back.

Thanks bmas. We snagged FTTF back in early September, 2019 for our 7 day cruise on the Freedom this coming Sept. 13. We paid $89.95 for it. What you got sounds like a bargain. 👍

19 minutes ago, regoodwinjr said:

Got it for my 8 day Sunrise, 7/16/2021 for $99.95 which is the same that I paid for this year's 8 day on the Magic .

Wait? What? Are you saying you paid the same amount for FTTF as you did for your cruise fare?  :classic_ohmy: For 8 days? WTG!!! 

Hi,

I just checked my Panorama April ‘21 cruise. No FTTF, has “0”.  But, I’m not surprised.

California is taking its time on re-opening. I don’t have any problem with the process. Rather go forward cautiously, then go back. 

🛳🛳

Bobbi 

3 hours ago, Joe817 said:

They raised it by $20 in late 2017 or early 2018. That's the last time it went up. Well, I guess I should say it hasn't gone up since, but that won't be the last time. Over time, I think they'll keep testing the limits until sales drop, then they'll know the sweet spot. I don't blame them, it's a huge profit margin.

7 hours ago, Joe817 said:

Wait? What? Are you saying you paid the same amount for FTTF as you did for your cruise fare?  :classic_ohmy: For 8 days? WTG!!! 

FTTF was the same price on both cruises not the same  price as the cruise.

On 5/30/2020 at 7:19 PM, cholman2021 said:

What ship and dates are you sailing? I am sailing on January 24, 2021 on the Breeze and hoping to get FTTF but do not see it is available for that sailing even when I look under Recommended for Me in Cruise Manager. 

Ecstasy.  Also, the private island has no excursions listed, but the foreign port does.

• 2 weeks later...

Carnival has this listed on their FTTF page:

Faster to the Fun will be offered on the Carnival Radiance™ and Mardi Gras™, starting in 2021

Not sure if that means FTTF will open in 2021 or what. Looking at our Jan 30 2021 Radiance sailing and FTTF is not showing up, both on normal Chrome or on incognito mode. Also noticed when I chose 6pm Early Dining we were placed on a waitlist. Assuming Carnival does this to save spots for Diamond/Platinum members and FTTF members as those groups receive Priority Dining?

6 hours ago, CarnivalCruiser875 said:

Carnival has this listed on their FTTF page:

Faster to the Fun will be offered on the Carnival Radiance™ and Mardi Gras™, starting in 2021

Not sure if that means FTTF will open in 2021 or what. Looking at our Jan 30 2021 Radiance sailing and FTTF is not showing up, both on normal Chrome or on incognito mode. Also noticed when I chose 6pm Early Dining we were placed on a waitlist. Assuming Carnival does this to save spots for Diamond/Platinum members and FTTF members as those groups receive Priority Dining?

For new ships, and they count the remodeled ships as "new," they always postpone the sale of FTTF for at least the first couple of months. I think the reason behind this is because a lot of Platinum & Diamond cruisers like to sail the new ships when they first set sail, so Carnival doesn't sell FTTF to prevent too many priority passengers on board. Just my theory, anyway. That excerpt you quoted from the FAQ's normally includes a month, but since the shutdown postponed the Radiance & Mardi Gras completions, they're probably not sure when exactly they'll offer FTTF for them.

If you were placed on a dining time waitlist, it just means you're preferred time is full right now. There's a chance you'll get an email before your cruise letting you know that your preferred time was granted. If not, you can email the Matre D' of that ship and request your preference, but there's no guarantee it'll be granted. Or you can wait until embarkation day and speak to the Maitre D' then to request you be switched. If they grant your request, it usually can't happen until the second night.

1 hour ago, Organized Chaos said:

For new ships, and they count the remodeled ships as "new," they always postpone the sale of FTTF for at least the first couple of months. I think the reason behind this is because a lot of Platinum & Diamond cruisers like to sail the new ships when they first set sail, so Carnival doesn't sell FTTF to prevent too many priority passengers on board. Just my theory, anyway. That excerpt you quoted from the FAQ's normally includes a month, but since the shutdown postponed the Radiance & Mardi Gras completions, they're probably not sure when exactly they'll offer FTTF for them.

If you were placed on a dining time waitlist, it just means you're preferred time is full right now. There's a chance you'll get an email before your cruise letting you know that your preferred time was granted. If not, you can email the Matre D' of that ship and request your preference, but there's no guarantee it'll be granted. Or you can wait until embarkation day and speak to the Maitre D' then to request you be switched. If they grant your request, it usually can't happen until the second night.

Been sailing with Carnival since 2008 and have never had a waitlist for dining! Oh well. We called last year before sailing and asked for a private table as the trip was to celebrate a graduation and we were granted it. Hard to believe the Early Dining is completely full if FTTF is not even available yet, much less if say a Diamond or Platinum Member books tomorrow and requests the Early Dining time. That being said I understand what you're saying. Guess I'll just have to keep an eye out!

On 5/31/2020 at 5:24 AM, bury me at sea said:

I did not see it directly under Excursions.  The first item at the very top of the Cruise Manager opening page is a link for Categories.  Scroll down and one of the last choices is Faster to the Fun.

Thank you so much for posting. I had been checking frequently under the excursions area but it didn’t show up at all.  I just checked categories then FTTF and there it was available for purchase.

2 minutes ago, Willwork4cruises said:

Thank you so much for posting. I had been checking frequently under the excursions area but it didn’t show up at all.  I just checked categories then FTTF and there it was available for purchase.

Glad you got it.

4 hours ago, CarnivalCruiser875 said:

Been sailing with Carnival since 2008 and have never had a waitlist for dining! Oh well. We called last year before sailing and asked for a private table as the trip was to celebrate a graduation and we were granted it. Hard to believe the Early Dining is completely full if FTTF is not even available yet, much less if say a Diamond or Platinum Member books tomorrow and requests the Early Dining time. That being said I understand what you're saying. Guess I'll just have to keep an eye out!

We were waitlisted for our Dec. 2019 cruise for Your Time Dining. I didn't even think that was possible. I can understand it for Early or Late. Those are two set times per night and there's only so many chairs. But with YTD, it's spread out over a 4-hour period each night. I didn't think it was possible for that to fill up. But after a few months, we got an email that we'd been confirmed for YTD.

6 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

We were waitlisted for our Dec. 2019 cruise for Your Time Dining. I didn't even think that was possible. I can understand it for Early or Late. Those are two set times per night and there's only so many chairs. But with YTD, it's spread out over a 4-hour period each night. I didn't think it was possible for that to fill up. But after a few months, we got an email that we'd been confirmed for YTD.

Ahh, that's good to hear! Thanks so much!

13 hours ago, CarnivalCruiser875 said:

9 hours ago, CarnivalCruiser875 said:

Ahh, that's good to hear! Thanks so much!

9 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

I guess I won’t start looking for FTTF for my Mardi Gras cruise until 2021, and I know I won’t have it for my January Journey cruise. As for your dining choice being waitlisted, I cannot stand how Carnival does that. Personally, I think it all should become YTD. Everyone goes when they want to, like NCL. Then there would be no more waitlisting people.