Unlimited Drink Package

I took the Cruise Planner 125% credit on our May cancelled cruise and was waiting forever it seemed to get the certificate as I watched our October cruise Drink Package oscillate from $55/day down to $41/day.  It was at $41 when the certificates finally showed up!  But the website wouldn't complete my purchase.  No matter what I did.  *sigh*

Called the next day and the price was back to $55.  Frustrating.

But then it went back down to $41 and I called and booked it.  I'm happy with that price as one of our ports is Perfect Day at Coco Caye.  No rhyme or reason to the pricing.  It's a yo-yo and you have to check often.

I find myself haunting my cruise planner for each cruise I have booked every day in hopes of scoring a good deal... not interested in an unlimited plan... has anyone ever seen a great deal on the refreshment package?  I'm also haunting for a good deal on Voom or The Key (because it includes Voom).

On 6/2/2020 at 8:20 AM, BRUKREW said:

I had booked the drink package previously and when it went down I cancelled and rebooked.  Has anyone ever done that and if so... how long does it take to get the refund?   Thank you!

Mine was cancelled because I did a Lift & Shift and it's been over 30 days and still not refunded.  I called today and was told it should be about 45 days, but I'm sure when I call at that point, I will be told it's 60 days, lol.

2 hours ago, erinsmom03 said:

I find myself haunting my cruise planner for each cruise I have booked every day in hopes of scoring a good deal... not interested in an unlimited plan... has anyone ever seen a great deal on the refreshment package?  I'm also haunting for a good deal on Voom or The Key (because it includes Voom).

The refreshment package is $19 on my cruise, and that’s a good deal

• Like 1

2 hours ago, erinsmom03 said:

For my March cruise on Freedom, refreshment is currently $20 and The Key is $12.99 (CRAZY CHEAP).  That's for a 7 night Southern.  But on my 7 night Oasis in January, refreshment is also $20 and The Key is $19.99.  You do get more Key benefits on Oasis class than on Freedom, but $12.99 is still a bargain if you're already planning on buying Voom Surf & Stream for two devices.  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

The refreshment package is $19 on my cruise, and that’s a good deal

14 minutes ago, rockmom said:

For my March cruise on Freedom, refreshment is currently $20 and The Key is $12.99 (CRAZY CHEAP).  That's for a 7 night Southern.  But on my 7 night Oasis in January, refreshment is also $20 and The Key is $19.99.  You do get more Key benefits on Oasis class than on Freedom, but $12.99 is still a bargain if you're already planning on buying Voom Surf & Stream for two devices.  

Thank you to both of you for sharing your prices!  We will be on a 12 night British Isles cruise...It's on Jewel, and Key benefits are minimal, but if we get a good price it will be worth it for Voom alone, plus the embarkation lunch.

Right now, our Key price is $17.99... I'd heard others talk about finding it as low as $12.99, so I'm holding out, hoping for a better deal.  The refreshment package is $30, and that's just crazy, mostly I'd use it for coffee drinks and bottled water.  Maybe flavored waters in the Freestyle machine... definitley not worth $360 per person.

1 hour ago, MCManders99 said:

My April Oasis Cruise is still showing $71 for the Deluxe package. $30 for refreshment package and $27.99 for the key. Still holding out for better prices. 

Those are high prices, except for the refreshment package! I've never seen the Key higher than $24.99.  Must get more for your money for it on Oasis class... our first Oasis cruise isn't until 2022, so I haven't seen those prices yet... but even on Ovation, I never saw it that high.

1 hour ago, MCManders99 said:

My April Oasis Cruise is still showing $71 for the Deluxe package. $30 for refreshment package and $27.99 for the key. Still holding out for better prices. 

Start watching for 'holiday' sales.  The sale that's going on right now seems to be covering a lot of sailings into March, but for one I have later next year the prices are still crazy high.  A few months ago the deluxe package for my January Oasis cruise was showing as $89!  Today it's $53 but I'm hoping to see it go a little lower.  Refreshment is now down to $20, soda package $7.99 and Key is 19.99. Also, Black Friday (or that week) have had some amazing deals, but I do try and check almost daily for my three cruises next year, since I had to move two from this year into next and of course the good deals I had gotten don't roll over to the new dates.  

• Like 1

My Vision 11-night southern Caribbean in November had all of its cruise planner stuff drop in price last week. Deluxe beverage went down to 39, refresh to 19, and soda to 7.49, key at 12.99. All the excursions dropped, too. All told, cancelling and re-ordering everything saved a few hundred dollars.