Requested Refund Never Processed

Requested a refund for a 5/24/20 cruise on 4/16/20 minutes after announcement was made that cruise was cancelled. It’s 49 days & no word yet on refund. Called yesterday & because it was booked with a group he had to have the RCL group department get back to me. Today received a call & somehow my refund request went astray even though they could see it was cancelled 4/16. Was told they would have to request my refund manually & it will now take another 30 to 60 days. Anyone else have this problem. Asked if I didn’t call what would happen. Was told eventually their accounting department would catch it (SURE????). Thinking of doing a charge back now. 

I had the problem with one of my refunds... it was supposedly pushed to the credit card which rejected the refund two weeks later? That was their story. Meanwhile I was calling for weeks and kept being told it hadn't processed yet. When I finally pushed someone to look into it more they found that it had but had failed and had to send an email to accounting to get it pushed again. The 'second time' it went through. Meanwhile I had received other refunds to the same credit card.

Mine was sitting there for weeks failed with apparently no one doing anything about it until I escalated the issue.

Edited by twins_to_alaska

23 minutes ago, twins_to_alaska said:

I had the problem with one of my refunds... it was supposedly pushed to the credit card which rejected the refund two weeks later? That was their story. Meanwhile I was calling for weeks and kept being told it hadn't processed yet. When I finally pushed someone to look into it more they found that it had but had failed and had to send an email to accounting to get it pushed again. The 'second time' it went through. Meanwhile I had received other refunds to the same credit card.

Mine was sitting there for weeks failed with apparently no one doing anything about it until I escalated the issue.

Not happy with RC tactics. I have 3 cruises booked, the one for 10/11/20 I will submit final payment in hopes that it gets cancelled. Booked with NRD. The 2nd leg of B2B I am cancelling with refundable deposit & my 12/7/20 I will be cancelling also with refundable deposit. All with hopes of getting voucher for insurance. 

1 hour ago, twins_to_alaska said:

I would say my situation was very similar. I called last week after waiting 45 work days. I did call my bank as RCL said the refund transaction was rejected weeks earlier. My bank has no record of something coming through. RCL said the refund was "stuck" but now a supervisor has put a priority on it. We will see. It is disappointing on how RCL has handled these refunds. I wish there was at least some communication on RCL's part to recognize the problems they are having and be honest on how long it could take. 

1 hour ago, twins_to_alaska said:

Yes, I have had mistakes similar to these happen with clients bookings

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Yes, I have had mistakes similar to these happen with clients bookings

I also have had it happen with clients who were in groups, especially those that have many agents/agencies involved.   Apparently if you requested a refund and someone else in the group requested a FCC, the RCI CS person can make a mistake and apply FCCs to everyone in the group.   It happened with my own cancelled sailing from April (I should be getting the money next week), as well as the other 5 couples I had in the same group.   

1 minute ago, stevea36 said:

I also have had it happen with clients who were in groups, especially those that have many agents/agencies involved.   Apparently if you requested a refund and someone else in the group requested a FCC, the RCI CS person can make a mistake and apply FCCs to everyone in the group.   It happened with my own cancelled sailing from April (I should be getting the money next week), as well as the other 5 couples I had in the same group.   

Thanks for that info.  Does seem like an odd response though as isn't an FCC automatically issued and you have to request a refund

1 hour ago, LeDemonBlond said:

I would say my situation was very similar. I called last week after waiting 45 work days. I did call my bank as RCL said the refund transaction was rejected weeks earlier. My bank has no record of something coming through. RCL said the refund was "stuck" but now a supervisor has put a priority on it. We will see. It is disappointing on how RCL has handled these refunds. I wish there was at least some communication on RCL's part to recognize the problems they are having and be honest on how long it could take. 

I was told that my tours refund had to manually be processed and to wait 45 days from cancellation for it to appear on my CC.  Called a few days ago and was told that the refund was indeed processed and to contact my CC.  Called my CC and there's nothing in the pipeline.  Waiting for application from CC for me to complete and do what they need to do to get my money.   After this experience, I don't know that I'll ever book anything via the cruise planner as it has been a frustrating experience.

I'm even having trouble getting my taxes from my cancelled 4/12 Harmony cruise.  Was told that I need to get my TA  to follow-up.  

What a screw game they are playing.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, nelblu said:

I was told that my tours refund had to manually be processed and to wait 45 days from cancellation for it to appear on my CC.  Called a few days ago and was told that the refund was indeed processed and to contact my CC.  Called my CC and there's nothing in the pipeline.  Waiting for application from CC for me to complete and do what they need to do to get my money.   After this experience, I don't know that I'll ever book anything via the cruise planner as it has been a frustrating experience.

I'm even having trouble getting my taxes from my cancelled 4/12 Harmony cruise.  Was told that I need to get my TA  to follow-up.  

What a screw game they are playing.

DEFINITELY. Well no more Loyal to Royal. Well I wasn’t any way. Like to try different cruise lines & their new ships. 

• Like 1

It is the same with Celebrity, I am still missing $985.00 for excursions on a cruise I cancelled back on March 9/2020. All my travel agent gets from Celebrity is that they are still processing my refund. I’m getting tired of waiting and paying interest on my credit card for that amount.

8 hours ago, LorraineP said:

Requested a refund for a 5/24/20 cruise on 4/16/20 minutes after announcement was made that cruise was cancelled. It’s 49 days & no word yet on refund. Called yesterday & because it was booked with a group he had to have the RCL group department get back to me. Today received a call & somehow my refund request went astray even though they could see it was cancelled 4/16. Was told they would have to request my refund manually & it will now take another 30 to 60 days. Anyone else have this problem. Asked if I didn’t call what would happen. Was told eventually their accounting department would catch it (SURE????). Thinking of doing a charge back now. 

I'm still waiting on my refunds..cancelled in the beginning of May 2020..I'm watching and I will notified my credit card company if I don't receive it by the end of June as I believe that should be a sufficient amount of time.

Refunds for 2 cruises still missing after 75 days of chewing RCI. Had 4 different lame excuses, the last one, "we have to wait for taxes and port fees to be refunded to Royal from authorities, than can refund customer"

Cheating and lying is Royal Caribbean`s new business model

6 hours ago, Miamisail said:

It is the same with Celebrity, I am still missing $985.00 for excursions on a cruise I cancelled back on March 9/2020. All my travel agent gets from Celebrity is that they are still processing my refund. I’m getting tired of waiting and paying interest on my credit card for that amount.

Get in touch with your CC and get the process started.

18 hours ago, LorraineP said:

Hi Lorraine, I’m still waiting for my refund for the February 7, Anthem cruise that we decided to skip. Was just easier to go home than sit in a hotel for another day or two. 

I’ve called several times and was told the request for refund wasn’t made until April 15.  So now we’re going on 4 months since we cancelled and still waiting. We did get our cruise planner refunds pretty quickly but not the cruise fare. 

And now my Canada/New England cruise in September has been cancelled, which was a b2b with a Bermuda cruise.  

Waiting patiently - what choice do I have!

Susan

24 minutes ago, Croozin Soozin said:

Hi Lorraine, I’m still waiting for my refund for the February 7, Anthem cruise that we decided to skip. Was just easier to go home than sit in a hotel for another day or two. 

I’ve called several times and was told the request for refund wasn’t made until April 15.  So now we’re going on 4 months since we cancelled and still waiting. We did get our cruise planner refunds pretty quickly but not the cruise fare. 

And now my Canada/New England cruise in September has been cancelled, which was a b2b with a Bermuda cruise.  

Waiting patiently - what choice do I have!

Susan

Susan that’s ridiculous to wait so long. Why don’t you do a charge back. We did stay on the Anthem 2/7 cruise & had a fun time. Bermuda weather was perfect for walking around & no crowds. Some people even went to Horseshoe Bay & got in ocean.