First Timer, worried about Seasick

Bashermat

Just now, kalos said:

Depends what list you were on :classic_unsure:

The Nice list. I'm a good girl I am😇.

If you're on the Naughty list he leaves you a lump of coal and I never get one of those either. 😜

Avril 

1 minute ago, Adawn47 said:

The Nice list. I'm a good girl I am😇.

If you're on the Naughty list he leaves you a lump of coal and I never get one of those either. 😜

Avril 

I would have been happy with that during the miners strike :classic_unsure:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

I remember seeing the huge tank at Pinewood that they used when making The Cuel Sea with Jack Hawkins. Amazing 

Avril 

Brainwave,they could do virtual cruises there,until all this is over.

2 hours ago, KnowTheScore said:

As this will be your first cruise would you mind explaining in what context you previously used Stugerons?   When did you take them, how often, how did they make you feel (if at all)?

I suspect there might have been a little word play going on there..........😗

Sturgeons aren't any good for me either. I am a persons who gets sick on the Shields ferry. To the uninitiated a 5 min trip over the Tyne.🙂

P&O sell anti sickness pills I can't remember the name, but they work for me. As others have said you should be fine in the Caribbean but I also advise you to take a tablet before any small boat trips.

1 hour ago, happy v said:

Sturgeons aren't any good for me either. I am a persons who gets sick on the Shields ferry. To the uninitiated a 5 min trip over the Tyne.🙂

P&O sell anti sickness pills I can't remember the name, but they work for me. As others have said you should be fine in the Caribbean but I also advise you to take a tablet before any small boat trips.

You know something I have never been on the ferry. I think when things get back to normal, I will take our granddaughters on.

To cut a long story short, on our 1st cruise, I spent from 9.30 pm on Friday night until about 10.00 am on Sunday morning in bed. Hubby dragged me out to go and see the doctor. There was a note on reception saying that the injections were £95 each. 

I didn't get to see the doctor and was told that he wouldn't give me an injection but give me the same as he would the crew and to buy some tablets from reception. 

5 hours ago, KnowTheScore said:

As this will be your first cruise would you mind explaining in what context you previously used Stugerons?   When did you take them, how often, how did they make you feel (if at all)?

I know that you weren't talking to me, but I have just realised a couple of weeks ago that they knock me out. I took an antihistamine a few weeks ago which contained the same ingredient cinnarizine. A few hours later, I felt as if my body was being dragged down. I had to go lie down on the settee and go to sleep. I slept for the rest of the afternoon and night.

Thinking back over my cruises, I would say that it was the tablets that caused me the most bother.

I have always been a poor traveller on any mode of transport so understand how you feel about your first cruise. Stugeron has always worked for me and doesn’t make me sleepy as its predecessor in my medicine cabinet (Dramamine) did. I took one before our two hour drive to Southampton for our first cruise (10 years ago) then another four hours later. After that, I only took more if the forecast was windy. The important thing is to take them in advance. I work on the better safe than sorry basis!

20 hours ago, emam said:

You know something I have never been on the ferry. I think when things get back to normal, I will take our granddaughters on.

To cut a long story short, on our 1st cruise, I spent from 9.30 pm on Friday night until about 10.00 am on Sunday morning in bed. Hubby dragged me out to go and see the doctor. There was a note on reception saying that the injections were £95 each. 

I didn't get to see the doctor and was told that he wouldn't give me an injection but give me the same as he would the crew and to buy some tablets from reception. 

We only go on to take children, now grandchildren. They also like the pedestrian tunnel so you can do both in the same outing.🙂