I'm getting married on the Pride in September!!

kmil2maz

104 days away from saying we do!!👰🤵We are SO excited for this cruise. It will be our 5th cruise together...3rd on the Pride. Our families are joining us and together we have 6 staterooms booked.

It has been SOO overwhelmingly nerve wracking not knowing if this will actually happen...I guess I'm looking for some reassurance? Anyone else out there have a cruise wedding booked that hasn't been cancelled yet? How are you dealing with the "not knowing"?? I am so anxious for August to get here, waiting to see how the first few sailings of the ships down south go over... and hoping that Baltimore will open before our September 20th date! 

Also curious about other on board cruise weddings...specifically embarkation day weddings(better yet if it was on the Pride!)...I'm excited to meet my personal wedding coordinator, she's been fantastic the few times I've reached out to her. Just wondering what a general timeline of our big day might be like...we'll have about a group of 30+ attending, and 10+ staying on board to cruise with us.

How easy is it for non sailing guests to board and leave once the ceremony is over? Any advice from a non sailing wedding guest that would come in handy for my non sailing guests? And best yet, any advice from an embarkation cruise bride or groom that would come in handy for us on our wedding day! 

1st time poster...I'm looking forward to reading all the replies, thanks so much!😊🚢

oh! thank you fyree39 I'll check it out right now!! I'm pretty new here, I was wondering why I didn't see any wedding posts on this board!!🤣

and puppycanducruise, thanks a bunch! 😊

Kmil2maz .... Best wishes for a long, healthy and happy life together .. my husband and I celebrated our 40th anniversary on the Panorama in February right before the world turned upside down. We are hoping to sail on the Pride in October, which makes me hope yours sails even more 👍👍🤞🤞

• Like 1

We got married on the Magic in 2017 and it was so easy! We had about 50 guests and 25 of them were non sailing. It was easy for them to get on and off and before the wedding they were able to walk around the ship and eat at the buffet. I’m not sure if they told you but only the bride gets a room before the wedding to change in not the groom. I believe my mom was platinum so my husband went to her room to hang out and change. It went by so fast and everything was so smooth! The carnival planner took care of everything for us. I had to go to the muster in my wedding dress though but I also indulged in a nice Guys burger in my dress as well! For the price you can’t beat it! I hope Baltimore is up and running for you! 

• Like 1

Like another poster mentioned, I hope you have a backup plan. Personally I don’t think there is any reason for cruises not to resume later this Summer, unless things drastically change for the worse, but the CDC may see things differently. 

• Like 2

Congratulations on the wedding. As a previous poster said, you better have a Plan B. Not because you need it, but you may need it. There is no approval for any cruises yet. All ports are closed until the CDC agrees with the plans. As indicated by NCL (I think), they are only looking at FL and Galveston ports for 2020. Canada, Alaska, and Hawaii are blocked until 2021. There is a lot gambling on other ports being open in September.

• Like 2

Wishing you the best wishes for a long and happy marriage. We will be on the same cruise. If you like music and dancing, come join us in the Red Frog Pub. We are celebrating our 50th anniversary on this cruise. Just to let you know, the Pride doesn't have a chapel anymore.

• Like 2

On 6/7/2020 at 2:38 PM, joeyancho said:

Good luck, on many levels 

Hi joeyancho: Grew up in Lucerne Valley. Went to Junior High in Apple Valley when it first opened (early 60s), then on to Victorville for High School.

Hi just thought I would chime in. I got married on the Pride last December 12/8/19. And I have to say I loved it. We did have a little stress with embarking because a fire alarm went off on the ship and the disembarking guest had to leave everything then get back on get everything then do customs before we could get on. Even with all that we still made it to the ceremony on time. I only had 15ish minutes to get in my dress so I definitely recommend having hair and makeup done and being as organized as possible. We had our ceremony in the butterfly lounge and reception in the piano bar. We had 19 sailing guests and 22 non sailing guests. Because of the fire alarm no one got the little rehearsal so we kinda winged it but that fits our personality. If you want things to be a little more organized I recommend going over the plan the day before. If you have an specific question just let me know. You will have a great time.

Brandi

Edited by Tayoko
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, aqualibra said:

Hi joeyancho: Grew up in Lucerne Valley. Went to Junior High in Apple Valley when it first opened (early 60s), then on to Victorville for High School.

I did not grow up in the area or go to school here, but I landed here in 1977.