Covid test in order to travel????

10 minutes ago, kastke said:

My 22 year old granddaughter also tested positive. She had a fairly severe case, but did not need to be hospitalized. She also has never been retested - she was told if she self-quarantined for 14 days after all symptoms were gone, she would be fine. Which is what she followed. That method doesn’t help anyone who tests positive, but is asymptomatic, though. 

We waited 30 days after our symptoms stopped. Not good enough for son & daughter in law. They are both nurses & recommended our doctor. They also say how good the doctors in their hospital are. All the doctors say the same as you. We are supposed to have them over for dinner on Wed. Ten weeks since our symptoms stopped. This all could have been averted if Celebrity had taken a few simple precautions. The same precautions they implement on ships that have norovirus cases. No instead the Capt. lied to us twice a day.  

8 minutes ago, FOXTROT said:

We waited 30 days after our symptoms stopped. Not good enough for son & daughter in law. They are both nurses & recommended our doctor. They also say how good the doctors in their hospital are. All the doctors say the same as you. We are supposed to have them over for dinner on Wed. Ten weeks since our symptoms stopped. This all could have been averted if Celebrity had taken a few simple precautions. The same precautions they implement on ships that have norovirus cases. No instead the Capt. lied to us twice a day.  

It’s a tough situation all the way around. I understand your frustrations, and also understand your son & daughter-in-law’s position. Would an antibody test relieve their concerns? My granddaughter lives several states away, so we didn’t have to make that tough decision of when we felt safe enough to visit again. Love her dearly, but my husband is also immunocompromised. 

In Cayman, if you test positive, you go in to quarantine for 14 days.  You then have a second test to confirm you are COVID free.  If you don’t test negative a second time, another 14 days quarantine.  This continues until you get a negative test.

It still seems "the chicken or the eggs" sort of thing.  To take the test, wait to get results, and then get dropped at airport by Lyft, go through airport security and sit on a plane for over 3 hours to get to Alaska seems a bit iffy. It seems to me that you could certainly be exposed at some point after the test.  Good thing Canada solved our dilemma by closing their ports.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, SHIP TRAVELER said:

It still seems "the chicken or the eggs" sort of thing.  To take the test, wait to get results, and then get dropped at airport by Lyft, go through airport security and sit on a plane for over 3 hours to get to Alaska seems a bit iffy. It seems to me that you could certainly be exposed at some point after the test.  Good thing Canada solved our dilemma by closing their ports.

Perhaps you did not read the requirements.  Even with a negative test within 72 hours before your flight, you will need another one as follow up:

Traveling to Alaska

Everyone entering Alaska from another state or country must follow one of the following options:

1. Take a test within 72 hours prior to departure and bring negative test results when you travel, fill out a travel declaration form on arrival, then minimize interactions pending the results of a second test administered within 7-14 days of arrival. 

2 hours ago, fisherguy said:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/bc-covid-19-saliva-test-1.5607019

if this works, it could be a game changer.

Passengers and crew could get tested before boarding.  plane or Ship.

Very interesting, and so much easier from both the patient and sample collector's POV.