Covid test in order to travel????

Probably yes.  Just saw an ad from someone I follow on Insta - Sri Lanka is opening on 8/01 to apparently everyone.  Need a COVID-19 free certificate issued not earlier than 72 hours before boarding your flight.

But, they aren’t stopping there.  You will also be tested at the airport, tested after 5 days and tested once more after 10 days if you are still there.  

I realize Sri Lanka may not be on anyone’s radar (it’s not someplace I’m going to be traveling to anytime soon!) but it goes along with the OP’s question about other countries.  May just be another example of the “new normal”.

Edited by Alter Ego
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

It should be for every form of traveling,not just cruising.

Shoot, Testing? After Quarantine at my AZ Winter Home for 12 weeks being safe, just flew home MI where Flight didnt require Masks let alone any screening including at Airport

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Shoot, Testing? After Quarantine at my AZ Winter Home for 12 weeks being safe, just flew home MI where Flight didnt require Masks let alone any screening including at Airport

Five months after 9/11 I was on a Jet Blue flight from NYC to New Orleans .I could have walked through the gates carrying a gun.There was zero security.I got so angry that I told the airline reps that there was more security at my library.

39 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Five months after 9/11 I was on a Jet Blue flight from NYC to New Orleans .I could have walked through the gates carrying a gun.There was zero security.I got so angry that I told the airline reps that there was more security at my library.

Trust me I remember. Cruised week of 9/11, was in Florida Oct2001 week of Anthrax attack. Though was surprised when got to airport after a Dec2001 Cruise where having everyone take shoes off. Was within hrs of Reids attempt. But Feb 2002 my now Ex and I got to airport boarding plane and started our Cruise no problems. Was interesting as she left home without any form of ID. Fortunately I'm always ready, brought her Birth Certificate which was only thing 2 different Airlines, Security and Cruise Line needed from her. At least Disney World was frisking everyone and had tables set up going threw every bag weeks after 9/11... All that happening then 4 of 5 yrs I was on Cruise a Family Member at home Died. Within 15 Month Period Flying 2 different Planes had Flat Tires, another one had Cracked Windshield, another Electrical Cockpit Failures, another had lighting issues, another had no AirCon, and one had broke toilets. All causing returning Airport, Gate or Emergency Landings at Alt Airports. For while nobody wanted travel with me...

Edited by ONECRUISER

56 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

What airline were you on?

52 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Boy having to get tested and get results within 72 hrs of arriving in alaska. Or be tested at the airport in alaska. ... doesnt really mention cruisers, mentions airports. 

Worse than hawaii

It does mention cruisers, but mostly in those who are flying into Canada to cruise from their ports.  Would only be for small cruise ships less than 100 passengers though, since ports are closed to all others

21 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Trust me I remember. Cruised week of 9/11, was in Florida Oct2001 week of Anthrax attack. Though was surprised when got to airport after a Dec2001 Cruise where having everyone take shoes off. Was within hrs of Reids attempt. But Feb 2002 my now Ex and I got to airport boarding plane and started our Cruise no problems. Was interesting as she left home without any form of ID. Fortunately I'm always ready, brought her Birth Certificate which was only thing 2 different Airlines, Security and Cruise Line needed from her. At least Disney World was frisking everyone and had tables set up going threw every bag weeks after 9/11... All that happening then 4 of 5 yrs I was on Cruise a Family Member at home Died. Within 15 Month Period Flying 2 different Planes had Flat Tires, another one had Cracked Windshield, another Electrical Cockpit Failures, another had lighting issues, another had no AirCon, and one had broke toilets. All causing returning Airport, Gate or Emergency Landings at Alt Airports. For while nobody wanted travel with me...

Yikes! You were on a bad luck streak there! 

• Like 1

Question.  Test is only applicable the moment taken.  Could be exposed in the 72 hrs.  Also need fast response testing.   Hard to get tested without symptoms, I think.  Also, who's paying?   Not sure if this will last.  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, erinsmom03 said:

What airline were you on?

Allegiant. Mesa/Gateway Airport to Grand Rapids, passengers bumping into each inline to Board 40% without masks. I got on last. 75% Seats full, with me having whole Exit Row side to side to myself. 

Edited by ONECRUISER

16 minutes ago, erinsmom03 said:

Yikes! You were on a bad luck streak there! 

Did get many Future Flight Credits from incidents so no complaints... Was to fly home end of April, postponed to this week because of Peak(and now home caring for Mom w/health issues). Got Credit for Flight, was enough pay for 2+ flights as prices now are CHEAP!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, erinsmom03 said:

It does mention cruisers, but mostly in those who are flying into Canada to cruise from their ports.  Would only be for small cruise ships less than 100 passengers though, since ports are closed to all others

By rcl next cruise season will probably be a vaccine .

That's a year off.

18 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Allegiant. Mesa/Gateway Airport to Grand Rapids, passengers bumping into each inline to Board 40% without masks. I got on last. 75% Seats full, with me having whole Exit Row side to side to myself. 

We aren't flying until September... I do not want an experience like this! Glad you had your row to yoursef. 

13 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Did get many Future Flight Credits from incidents so no complaints... Was to fly home end of April, postponed to this week because of Peak(and now home caring for Mom w/health issues). Got Credit for Flight, was enough pay for 2+ flights as prices now are CHEAP!

Hope all is well with your mom

2 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

By rcl next cruise season will probably be a vaccine .

That's a year off.

But will they require the vaccine? I'm not sure there will be a vaccine that soon...and I really don't want to take the first run of vaccines, either.  We're not cruising until next July... we have 13 months to see what happens

1 minute ago, Lionesss said:

I wonder if you could pre-book the covid test in the cruise planner under excursions.

And as always...........

Asking for a friend.🙄

Your daughters boyfriend?

I liked him

42 minutes ago, erinsmom03 said:

We aren't flying until September... I do not want an experience like this! Glad you had your row to yoursef. 

Hope all is well with your mom

Thank You. I'd have waited longer to fly, but Mom is getting needed Surgery Thursday. CV outbreak postponed it for last 2 months...  

Unless you self quarantine for the entire time after recieving the covid test and continue to self quarantine after the negative test result (and just how do you do that if you travel for up to 24 hours of that time period), then their will be no guarantee that you did not become infected in that 72 hour time period.  It sounds to me like it sounds good but really will not stop the spread.

The problem is “idiot” travelers.

I was just reading a news article about a man from Switzerland who flew this week to UK knowing he was ill, claiming he didn’t know the rules and now wants to go to hospital. He claims he is Covid free, even though he thinks he has had it.

You have to ask how he was allowed to ever board the flight, but clearly some people clearly have no regard for others even though the know they are ill.

• Like 5