Listen to this video about potential start up of cruises?

Listen at the 20:30 minute mark,  the focus hasn't even been on the start up of cruises again, it's been on taking care of the crews and getting them home.............and this was taped on June  2nd just a week ago.

Social Distancing on a cruise ship is a real issue they have to figure out, and I think right now none of the cruiselines have an answer to that. There is only so much room on a ship, people mention disney parks and such, but that is nothing because they have room to reduce crowds and spread out...............ships would have to really reduce the crowds greatly to make that happen, if they would do that it would not be cost effective for them to sail.

It's to the point now where you  go outside for a walk down the road and someone is coming toward you, you will see them hurry to the other side of the street so they don't pass right by you.................if this is how it is going to be  how can  any one cruise.............think we just have to wait and hope there is a vaccine. It's sad but that may be the only way they start up.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

I hate having to listen to videos.

jc

Agree. Most are Opinions and Guessing. As said above guy talking on Video says it's May 6th, 5 weeks ago not 1 week

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 2

With over 1 million active cases in the USA & the real figure being somewhere between 5-10 times higher than that, I doubt if any country is going to allow people from the USA to walk in off a cruise ship.  The curve you have to flatten is the “active cases” curve & that ain’t happening in USA at the minute.

• Like 1

On 6/9/2020 at 8:38 PM, Jimbo said:

Listen at the 20:30 minute mark,  the focus hasn't even been on the start up of cruises again, it's been on taking care of the crews and getting them home.............and this was taped on June  2nd just a week ago.

Social Distancing on a cruise ship is a real issue they have to figure out, and I think right now none of the cruiselines have an answer to that. There is only so much room on a ship, people mention disney parks and such, but that is nothing because they have room to reduce crowds and spread out...............ships would have to really reduce the crowds greatly to make that happen, if they would do that it would not be cost effective for them to sail.

It's to the point now where you  go outside for a walk down the road and someone is coming toward you, you will see them hurry to the other side of the street so they don't pass right by you.................if this is how it is going to be  how can  any one cruise.............think we just have to wait and hope there is a vaccine. It's sad but that may be the only way they start up.

yes i have seen when i have been out a walk and someone coming towards me they go onto the road...imho they have more chance of being run over by a car than getting covid 19. I am so over covid 19.