Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

1 hour ago, Charles4515 said:

I am surprised anyone deletes emails. It is recommended to keep all email except spam. I never delete. It does say November 14. 

IMG_0020.jpeg

Thank you for posting.  I guess I was hoping that if you watched the webinar early enough for the October 14th window, then the points would have been posted in October.  Looks like my hope wasn't justified.

Now as far as records retention policy goes, I think most major corporations expect that all emails will be deleted after 90 days unless they are required for a business record or a legal hold.  I try to follow that policy.  Admittedly this email falls within the 90 day window, so thanks for keeping it the entire 90 days.  Emails older than 90 days may well be outdated and can be confusing.   Perhaps you can interpret Power Up points emails as a business record.

1 hour ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

Now as far as records retention policy goes, I think most major corporations expect that all emails will be deleted after 90 days unless they are required for a business record or a legal hold.  I try to follow that policy.  Admittedly this email falls within the 90 day window, so thanks for keeping it the entire 90 days.  Emails older than 90 days may well be outdated and can be confusing.   Perhaps you can interpret Power Up points emails as a business record.

I am not a major corporation😀 Everyone has their own system. I do shred  all paper records after a certain amount of time for different types. I never delete emails because they are on my email providers server not my computer and I will probably never run out of my allotted storage.  Been on a lot of cruises and land vacations with groups and friends and from time to time on request try to recall different things like for example who a tour operator we used in Iceland. Someone wanted a recommendation. We used 5 different companies. No way I could recall which company for which tour. It was easy with the mail programs built in search to find the companies we used. For Celebrity I have a Smart Folder that has all the emails virtually. The emails are all on the ISP’s server so they are not taking up space on my computer. It is less time to leave it all there than the time it would take to delete. 

2 minutes ago, patty1955 said:

I worked for the federal court

Government IT and bureaucracy and corporate IT have different needs and requirements than an individual does. They make policies for large workforces which probably are good policies keep those workers and their companies out of trouble. 

1 hour ago, patty1955 said:

I agree. When I worked in IT, we routinely told people to clean out their inbox.

So did I, and I did keep my inbox clean.  However, I did keep a backup of all my emails in a separate file stored on an external device. 

Now that I am retired and not using corporate email any longer, I let Google and iCloud store all my emails that I choose to keep on their servers.  These go back for many years.m

15 hours ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

I’m surprised anyone keeps the Power Up emails from Celebrity.   Can you post a copy of the email?

13 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

I am surprised anyone deletes emails. It is recommended to keep all email except spam. I never delete. It does say November 14. 

So, in addition to the Glass Half Full and Glass Half Empty division of the world, we now see the Delete ASAP and Delete Never division.  I am a Delete ASAP.  I was saved at work, and am saved at home, because my "work wife" and my "real wife" are both Delete Never people.  Vive la différence!

*this is yet another verification of Ogden Nash's astute observation that "marriage is a legal and religious alliance entered into by a man who can't sleep with the window shut and a woman who can't sleep with the window open."

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, mahasamatman said:

There's a third group there - engineers. We believe the glass is twice as large as it needs to be.

That would be "value engineering" – that dreaded phase in a building project when the architects take out all the nice stuff to get back under the budget...  😁

I will say that the other division of people are those that “worry about everything” and those, like me, that “never worries”.  I’m pretty sure I’m in the minority 

So if you tell me that these points will be posted on November 14, I’ll accept that and just wait until it happens as there are greater tragedies in life

Edited by Cruise till you drop

5 hours ago, Cruise till you drop said:

I will say that the other division of people are those that “worry about everything” and those, like me, that “never worries”.  I’m pretty sure I’m in the minority 

So if you tell me that these points will be posted on November 14, I’ll accept that and just wait until it happens as there are greater tragedies in life

With the stated date of November 14th, how many people will check their Captain's Club account in hopes of an earlier deposited date.  Once the points are there, then what.  A quick smile and then on to the next quest for points.🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1