WE NEED TO CRUISE!!!

Carol28

On 6/14/2020 at 10:49 AM, Carol28 said:

This is our 4th month of self-quarantining.  We're going stir-crazy!  We pick-up lunch and have dinner delivered on the weekends.  That's our big excitement! We need to cruise! Obviously, we could be in much worse condition. We're healthy and sane and happily married.  But, both of us want to be cruising! We need the company, the entertainment, the smell of the ocean, the glitz, the reason to get dressed.

Thanks.  I just needed to vent.

Paul Gauguin Cruises announced they are starting their South Pacific cruises July 2020 and are advertising themselves as "COVID Safe."  50% off cruise fare and air fare from LAX.  Here is what their COVID safety protocol looks like:

https://www.pgcruises.com/travel-advisory

Edited by PrincessLuver
  • Thanks 1

Greetings

I wouldn't be planning any cruises until there has been an approved vaccine with some data behind it to see if truly is effective. I had a very mild case of the virus in mid-March with my symptoms resembling a cold and low-grade fever. I did test positive and self-quarantined for 14 days. My husband and I were never in the same room of our house for the entire time but what if we had been on a cruise in our room, wouldn't have been possible to social distance too much from each other. He tested negative as he was with me when I had an appointment for a drive through site from NYS at Jones Beach, maybe the second day that testing was available. I was able to get an appointment as I had been exposed. Went for antibody testing earlier today. 

4 hours ago, bookmama22 said:

Greetings

I wouldn't be planning any cruises until there has been an approved vaccine with some data behind it to see if truly is effective.

I think there are basically four groups when it comes to cruising in the future.

1) Those who will be on a ship as soon as cruising starts up again.  They are tired of being cooped up and want to cruise.

2) Those who are somewhat conservative that will wait and see how the first set of cruisers do and exactly what new procedures are being implemented by the various lines.

3) Those who will not cruise again until a vaccine comes out and they can get it.

4) Those who are ultra conservative  and will wait and see until the vaccine comes out, how effective it is and then make a decision about whether they are cruising again or not.

44 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

I think there are basically four groups when it comes to cruising in the future.

1) Those who will be on a ship as soon as cruising starts up again.  They are tired of being cooped up and want to cruise.

2) Those who are somewhat conservative that will wait and see how the first set of cruisers do and exactly what new procedures are being implemented by the various lines.

3) Those who will not cruise again until a vaccine comes out and they can get it.

4) Those who are ultra conservative  and will wait and see until the vaccine comes out, how effective it is and then make a decision about whether they are cruising again or not.

Well said....

But I think there is a fifth group.......

Those who will not go cruisin again..full stop...

And finally a sixth group.....

Those who just go on and on,,, ad nauseum about not cruising until whatever happens...

( the gunna group )

I myself maybe in group 2....

Cheers Don

• Haha 1

On 6/16/2020 at 1:05 AM, caribill said:

Have you been denied entry to any port?

Caribill,

‘The answer to your question is Never. Everyone that see the Captain coming is very happy 😊 

even this guy. See photo Mr Steelers is doing to love this one!!! 😁
The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony

537D08AB-23D8-4A9D-A72A-3641723F43C3.jpeg

Edited by Lucky TGO
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, tere247 said:

We miss cruising!  
To me, dreaming about our upcoming cruises feels like the light at the end of the tunnel.
We have our first New Years cruise this December. I am so looking forward to this cruise, but in reality, because of our age, and the spike of cases here in Florida, I seriously doubt we’ll be on this sailing, even if it does sail.  I also have doubts about our March, 2021 cruise.  

With the spike of cases in Florida, being on a cruise ship may be safer

• Haha 1

On 6/14/2020 at 10:49 AM, Carol28 said:

This is our 4th month of self-quarantining.  We're going stir-crazy!  We pick-up lunch and have dinner delivered on the weekends.  That's our big excitement! We need to cruise! Obviously, we could be in much worse condition. We're healthy and sane and happily married.  But, both of us want to be cruising! We need the company, the entertainment, the smell of the ocean, the glitz, the reason to get dressed.

Thanks.  I just needed to vent.

Seriously that is the most important thing?

new cases.JPG

10 hours ago, PrincessLuver said:

Paul Gauguin Cruises announced they are starting their South Pacific cruises July 2020 and are advertising themselves as "COVID Safe."  50% off cruise fare and air fare from LAX.  Here is what their COVID safety protocol looks like:

https://www.pgcruises.com/travel-advisory

Between their requirements and French Polynesia's requirements, I would not sign up for their cruises.

a) The need for a doctor's signed medical form. It has been discussed on Cruise Critic before, but there is no assurance that doctors would be willing to sign such a form, even if the patient was 100% healthy.  Also not known for doctors willing to sign such a form is how many medical tests (at what cost) might a doctor require before signing it.

b) The French Polynesia requirement that a Covid-19 test with a negative result must be taken within 72 hours before the flight to Papeete. There is no guarantee that a passenger could get such a test as we are not yet at the "anyone that wants a test can get one" stage yet. Also, the resulting test results must be back within that time frame. Not everyone can get one of the "results in 15" minutes test. Many tests take several days to give feedback.

c) Paul Gauguin Cruises says the Covid-19 test presented to them cannot be older than 48 hours. The test that will satisfy French Polynesia will most of the time be older than 48 hours before boarding the cruise ship.

d) Temperatures will be checked when re-boading at ports on the itinerary. No indication of what happens if you do have a temperature then. Will you be left in that port?

e) Paul Gauguin Cruises says "No disembarking in populated areas." So what is the point of a cruise stop if you cannot leave the ship?

f) No indication of any refund if either Paul Gauguin Cruises or French Polynesia denies you entrance.

• Like 1