WE NEED TO CRUISE!!!

Carol28

17 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

This afternoon, I needed to visit my wine store to replenish my supply.  All of the staff were wearing masks.  NONE of the customers that I observed were other than me.  And, there were a couple who were in the "most at risk" age group.   

Here in NJ, it is still state mandated that you wear a mask inside a retail establishment.  Outdoor dining just opened up today, hair and nail salons open on June 22, by appointment only.  It's a stepping stone approach that hopefully the cruise industry will take as well.  Unfortunately many across the nation threw caution to the wind, decided to skip a few of those stones and the result are spikes in cases such as in Florida and Texas.

I just hope that there is not a second round in late fall just as cruising is getting in gear that will effect early 2021 cruises.

• Like 1

I have had no problem keeping my cellar stocked.  Since March my email in-box has been flooded with offers from wineries offering some pretty good discounts--including library wines--or free shipping.  I have not been in a wine store since early March.  OK, I did go to Costco, last week, to pick up some prescriptions, and, as long as I was there, I grabbed seven or eight cellar defenders.

I have often said that my goal is to leave no bottles of wine to my estate.  That means I have to drink more than I buy.  My wife and I drink wine with dinner every night.  However, my inventory has grown since March.  I am going to have to live longer.

I know, I know.  First World problems.

Since I might be accused of thread hijacking, I, too, would love to return to cruising.  We do have one booked in December, but I don't see any way will will get on that ship.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, caribill said:

No, for people who catch either Covid-19 or the flu, the actual death rate is about the same when you count those who had Covid-19 but presented no symptoms.

What is different is that Covid-19 spreads much more easily than the flu. With more people getting infected, more people die from it.

They do not quarantine you for getting the flu.......but Princess just announced they are having their first cruise and it is for COVID-19 deniers only......it is at their website I think under "Ship of Fools!" :classic_rolleyes:

Edited by PrincessLuver
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I know first world problem.. we are hoping for closed loop cruise in Australia..... but no peg in the sand yet       our death rate has also been low about 1.5%.......

All one really would like  ... is give us a firm date .. or say simply no cruises until March 2021......

( yes we had a couple of cruises booked Oct-20 and Nov-20 but not likely )   

Cheers Don

1 hour ago, PrincessLuver said:

They do not quarantine you for getting the flu.......but Princess just announced they are having their first cruise and it is for COVID-19 deniers only......it is at their website I think under "Ship of Fools!" :classic_rolleyes:

Good shot!

I too am perplexed by those who confuse WANTS with NEEDS. In this time of mass carnage, when we should place the needs of the many above those of the few.

Those addicted to cruising are not evil. They just need to attend the cruising chapter of AA! Be calm, be cured, be safe!

5 hours ago, HappyInVan said:

Good shot!

I too am perplexed by those who confuse WANTS with NEEDS. In this time of mass carnage, when we should place the needs of the many above those of the few.

Those addicted to cruising are not evil. They just need to attend the cruising chapter of AA! Be calm, be cured, be safe!

Very wise words, thank you.

Too many people have lost the concept of "The Common Good"

Nice thoughts also re: addicted to cruising.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, PrincessLuver said:

Dammit.  I wish I had seen your post sooner.   Already fully booked...

I picked the worst categories, and I'm wait-listed for several.

Edited by Roberto256
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Roberto256 said:

Dammit.  I wish I had seen your post sooner.   Already fully booked...

I picked the worst categories, and I'm wait-listed for several.

As an alternative,  Disney's  August cruise to Fantasyland  still has some cabins available.

11 hours ago, XBGuy said:

Since I might be accused of thread hijacking, I, too, would love to return to cruising.  We do have one booked in December, but I don't see any way will will get on that ship.

I'm surprised princess hasn't cancelled that cruise. We received an email from princess 2 months ago that our TA cruise departing Nov. 3 was cancelled. 

44 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

As an alternative,  Disney's  August cruise to Fantasyland  still has some cabins available.

Thank you.   But, the fantasy class ships are so old...

But, maybe if the covid suite is still available...

13 hours ago, getting older slowly said:

I know first world problem.. we are hoping for closed loop cruise in Australia..... but no peg in the sand yet       our death rate has also been low about 1.5%.......

All one really would like  ... is give us a firm date .. or say simply no cruises until March 2021......

( yes we had a couple of cruises booked Oct-20 and Nov-20 but not likely )   

Cheers Don

hope you enjoy your P & O Australia cruise … good luck !

• Like 1

We “love” to cruise ... and are looking forward to the day we’re onboard again!  But, we definitely don’t “NEED” to cruise.  Until ships are proven safe, with passengers aboard from all parts of the world, we’ll be exploring parts of the US we haven’t visited in the past.

4 hours ago, Roberto256 said:

Thank you.   But, the fantasy class ships are so old...

But, maybe if the covid suite is still available...

Princess just announced that do to the COVID-19 pandemic they are changing their marketing program from "Come Back New" to "Come Back Maybe."  Have to give them credit for keeping up with the times! :classic_ohmy:

Edited by PrincessLuver

50 minutes ago, PrincessLuver said:

Princess just announced that do to the COVID-19 pandemic they are changing their marketing program from "Come Back New" to "Come Back Maybe."  Have to give them credit for keeping up with the times! :classic_ohmy:

I think that a lot of the people trapped on Diamond wanted to "Escape Completely"!

I don't see cruising coming back in the near future. Perhaps in the fall of 2021 or the winter of 2022 but there would be so many factors and whenever cruising comes back, the cruising of the past decade will be a thing of the past. Cruise ships will reduce the # of cabins to decrease the amount of passengers, buffets will be a thing of the past, you will have more of a fixed seating for dinner or dinner reservations required so that people can be socially distant within the dining rooms, same with shows if offered at all. Masks worn at all times in public spaces. Not sure how they will handle gyms, pools, spas, shops, etc.

Here in NY we are only in phase One so no restaurants open for dining other than take-out. In my neighborhood, everyone is wearing masks at all times other than kids I see on bikes,  supermarkets only admit people in groups of about 15 or 20 and lines outside are spaced six feet apart to enter. We did however go for walk on boardwalk in Long Beach, NY several times and sadly many are not wearing masks at all as maybe they think because they are outside? Benches are blocked off with construction fencing so only every other bench is available. Our beach has parking reduced by 50% so that you can more easily social distance yourself with your family group from others. Masks are required in the parking lot and if you are walking around on the beach, but not when you are seated with your family. 

1 minute ago, bookmama22 said:

I don't see cruising coming back in the near future. Perhaps in the fall of 2021 or the winter of 2022 but there would be so many factors and whenever cruising comes back, the cruising of the past decade will be a thing of the past. Cruise ships will reduce the # of cabins to decrease the amount of passengers, buffets will be a thing of the past, you will have more of a fixed seating for dinner or dinner reservations required so that people can be socially distant within the dining rooms, same with shows if offered at all. Masks worn at all times in public spaces. Not sure how they will handle gyms, pools, spas, shops, etc.

Wow....If your prognostications are true, then cruising is dead for the most part.  Fall of 2021 or winter of 2022 would cause every minor cruise line to go under, from Norwegian and below.  MSC would survive because of the shipping side of their conglomerate and Royal and Carnival would both be scrambling to survive.  

Masks to be worn at all times would also be a major deterrent to many.  And you forgot to mention anything about a vaccine.

3 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

Wow....If your prognostications are true, then cruising is dead for the most part.  Fall of 2021 or winter of 2022 would cause every minor cruise line to go under, from Norwegian and below.  MSC would survive because of the shipping side of their conglomerate and Royal and Carnival would both be scrambling to survive.  

Masks to be worn at all times would also be a major deterrent to many.  And you forgot to mention anything about a vaccine.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/5396/   &  https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/5395/ 

• Thanks 1

not cruising, but NASCAR will hold an "All-Star Race" - non-points - 7/15/20 in Bristol Tennessee

the short-track speedway holds 150k people and will allow 20% of seats to be occupied = 30k fans in the stands.

baby steps YEE-HAW !!🏁

• Like 2

Edited 3 hours ago by PrincessLuver

Monk !  ..... Adrian Monk is that you    ?

Edited by c-boy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, voljeep said:

not cruising, but NASCAR will hold an "All-Star Race" - non-points - 7/15/20 in Bristol Tennessee

the short-track speedway holds 150k people and will allow 20% of seats to be occupied = 30k fans in the stands.

baby steps YEE-HAW !!🏁

And how many of those 30,000 tailgating beforehand will social distance or wear masks as they consume massive quantities of beer as they play corn hole?

• Haha 1

We miss cruising!  
To me, dreaming about our upcoming cruises feels like the light at the end of the tunnel.
We have our first New Years cruise this December. I am so looking forward to this cruise, but in reality, because of our age, and the spike of cases here in Florida, I seriously doubt we’ll be on this sailing, even if it does sail.  I also have doubts about our March, 2021 cruise.  
Will it get any better in time for our Dec 2021 cruises? I don’t know.  We don’t plan on being first in line for a vaccine. So, I guess we’ll be missing cruising for a long time.  

So what!
We miss cruising!

• Like 1