Americans banned from Europe in the near future

susiesan

2 hours ago, blacksmith said:

Here in the USA we are completely divided on our approach, and the consequences of that make for a dismal failure.

And those who DON'T do what's right have far more effect than those who do.

• Like 1

On 6/24/2020 at 5:10 AM, JVNYC said:

I don’t blame them for banning the US. We look like a bunch of idiots. Well in reality we are for what we have done with this virus. 

I so agree.  When I think of all the sacrifices that were made in just and unjust wars in the 20th Century, the whining about mask wearing is so trivial.  What has happened to people when they cannot make the simple "sacrifice" of wearing a mask for the good of all?  

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2

I’m certainly feeling less patriotic this year on July 4. Many selfish people all around this country with no clue. I’d rather be on vacation in Europe right now to be honest. A toast to their success with this virus. 

Edited by JVNYC
  • Like 5

16 hours ago, Dunelm said:

I so agree.  When I think of all the sacrifices that were made in just and unjust wars in the 20th Century, the whining about mask wearing is so trivial.  What has happened to people when they cannot make the simple "sacrifice" of wearing a mask for the good of all?  

Well said - congrats!

It's not very often that people get 10 "likes" for a post and you deserved all of them and then some.

Edited by Paulchili
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, JVNYC said:

I’m certainly feeling less patriotic this year on July 4. Many selfish people all around this country with no clue. I’d rather be on vacation in Europe right now to be honest. A toast to their success with this virus. 

And the irony is their claim that we're selfish because we're trying to dictate, control their lives and ruin their freedom and happiness.  I'm rooting for Darwin....

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, DrHemlock said:

And the irony is their claim that we're selfish because we're trying to dictate, control their lives and ruin their freedom and happiness.  I'm rooting for Darwin....

+100 Never were words so true written within Cruise Critic

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Let’s look on the bright side of the EuroLean action. We were supposed to depart tomorrow for a three week trip to France including a two week river cruise. That has now been canceled via a corporal punishment edit and political jab. We have stayed healthy, worn our masks, and physical distanced, but we’re cast in as the “ unclean “. 

We have not decided whether to reschedule to Europe or not. If Europe doesn’t want me the “ unclean”, they obviously don’t want my filthy dollars either. Probably for the all around better. We are now exploring travel, for here in the US, that will give US companies and their employees business and work. I haven’t found any wanting to turn away my filthy money, but many strongly encouraging ( almost begging) us to come. 

We’re still doing our SA cruise in January, if the ship goes. The tour operators there are likewise anxious for our return. Europe, I believe I’ll allow them ravish in their anti-American attitude for the unforeseen future and spend my obvious filthy dollars, via my unsanitary credit cards,  at home here in the States or elsewhere.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, pinotlover said:

Let’s look on the bright side of the EuroLean action. We were supposed to depart tomorrow for a three week trip to France including a two week river cruise. That has now been canceled via a corporal punishment edit and political jab. We have stayed healthy, worn our masks, and physical distanced, but we’re cast in as the “ unclean “. 

Pinot,

We have often disagreed on these boards. In fact, I would say we more often disagree than we do agree.

Despite that, I never considered you or your posts ignorant. That apparently comes to an end with this post. In fact, it goes beyond ignorant – whatever that may be.

How could you possibly be outraged that EU does not want US travelers now. It’s not you personally they do not want – it’s us stupid, ignorant Americans that they do not want.

A candidate said 3 ½ years ago that the whole world is laughing at us. That was not true then but it surely is now and deservedly so.

Look at how we totally scr**wed up the response to COVID.

Just look at this from Johns Hopkins:

https://www.gzeromedia.com/the-graphic-truth-two-different-pandemics-eu-vs-us-coronavirus-cases-spike-28-june

Do you want another mind boggling stat?

China, all of SE Asia, Australia, NZ and all of EU have 26 Billion people (that’s Billion with a B) and Florida has a little over 10 Million (that’s Million with an M).

Florida experienced over 10K new cases in a day while the 26 B people a little more than 6K. Can you even imagine that? And that’s Florida only – we are not talking Texas, Arizona, CA, etc

Why in the world would people of EU who suffered and sacrificed SO much to get a hold on this virus now want us to bring them another wave of suffering?

That is like us inviting citizens of Wuhan, Northern Italy and Spain to come and visit us at their height of pandemic (which at the height was nowhere near as bad as ours is now with no end in sight).

How can you not see that?

PS As far as I am concerned, everyone that posted a like to your post falls in the same bag with you.

1 hour ago, pinotlover said:

We have not decided whether to reschedule to Europe or not. If Europe doesn’t want me the “ unclean”, they obviously don’t want my filthy dollars either. Probably for the all around better. We are now exploring travel, for here in the US, that will give US companies and their employees business and work. I haven’t found any wanting to turn away my filthy money, but many strongly encouraging ( almost begging) us to come. 

Does this mean that you will no longer buy French wine and "spend my obvious filthy dollars, via my unsanitary credit cards,  at home here in the States" on wines other than those from EU or SA wines  😀 😀 Somehow I doubt that - "the corporal punishment edit and political jab" isn't that strong when it comes to things you like.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 4

Paul;

The hugely vast number of Americans had cancelled their plans to travel to Europe this summer already. Both river and ocean cruises are shut down. Schools start back in six weeks. Most events over there, as here, have been canceled  The ban was purely a political pike in the eye. If they had said nothing, they would still have gotten very very few American tourists.

Less than ONE (1) percent of all Americans have gotten the disease. 

You believe and give credibility to numbers from the Chinese Communist Party and call them facts. We definitely do disagree there and will continue to do so.

On a personal note, because of this, I dropped the wine tour I was leading to Tuscany next Fall and replaced it with Oregon’s Willamette Valley. Most all of the 25 participants are in agreement with the change of venue. For every action, there’s an opposite and equal reaction. I hope they enjoy their ban and feel safer for it. 

• Like 3

It is all well and good to talk about taking a trip in the US instead of traveling to Europe, but at the moment residents of Alabama (and California for that matter) are not welcome in many states because cases of the coronavirus have spiked in these states in recent weeks.  It is critical that the US, as a whole, realize that what affects one state affects every state, and what affects one person can affect many other persons.  Wearing a mask and social distancing is not a political statement, it is a statement of medical fact.

We are booked to go to SA in December.  Don't know if that will happen.  We are booked to take a TA to Spain in March.  That may or may not happen.  We are booked on an Eastern European river cruise in August of 2021.  We sure hope that happens.  Finally, we are booked on a WC in January, 2022.  I think by then things will be back to the "new normal".  If not, I don't know how many of us will be left to cruise.  Just MHO.

• Like 1

On 7/4/2020 at 2:33 PM, pinotlover said:

Oregon’s Willamette Valley.

Are Oregon's wineries open to non-residents? A few weeks ago we could stay in an RV park in Hood River, OR, but we couldn't go to any of the shops and restaurants. And we're not as "unclean" as some

28 minutes ago, clo said:

Are Oregon's wineries open to non-residents? A few weeks ago we could stay in an RV park in Hood River, OR, but we couldn't go to any of the shops and restaurants. And we're not as "unclean" as some

Oregon wineries are open and , when they opened, they were never closed to non-residents.....we were in Hood River around the same time as you and went into stores and wineries and were never asked if we lived in Hood River (which we don't) or asked where we live to enter.  I am afraid you were given some "incorrect" information....

13 minutes ago, basor said:

Oregon wineries are open and , when they opened, they were never closed to non-residents.....we were in Hood River around the same time as you and went into stores and wineries and were never asked if we lived in Hood River (which we don't) or asked where we live to enter.  I am afraid you were given some "incorrect" information....

What we read was pretty much this:

https://www.koin.com/news/oregon/phase-1-is-not-an-invitation-to-come-to-hood-river/