2022 Itineraries

mellon1

Has anyone gotten word when the Princess 2022 itineraries for the Caribbean cruises will be available?  Usually they are out by now.  Is it just me?  I am already starting to feel withdrawal symptoms from canceling our cruises in 2021.  Need to look at 2022 just to have something to look forward to.  Thanks for your help.  

Unfortunately, until cruising actually resumes, I don't know if we will see any new itineraries posted.  Many of those posted now may not actually happen.  You may see a transpacific for April from Australia to America, but the ship itself may be laid up and anchored in the Bahamas.  Will such a cruise occur - even if given clearance by then?  Until cruising resumes, they can't really position ships in the appropriate locations, because they don't know the first itineraries that will activate.  So how can you plan for the next season of cruising?  

Don

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Mud_Shark said:

Unfortunately, until cruising actually resumes, I don't know if we will see any new itineraries posted.  Many of those posted now may not actually happen.  You may see a transpacific for April from Australia to America, but the ship itself may be laid up and anchored in the Bahamas.  Will such a cruise occur - even if given clearance by then?  Until cruising resumes, they can't really position ships in the appropriate locations, because they don't know the first itineraries that will activate.  So how can you plan for the next season of cruising?  

Don

You make sense in all you said.  I am just looking for hope for 2022.  Canceled 35 days in 2021 and it will be the first year we did not cruise in I can't remember.  Having something to look forward to makes a huge difference...it gives HOPE.

• Like 2

I understand Mellon 1 .. you want something to look forward to...

but as the other Don said.... I lot things need to happen first......

I would really be waiting until at least the first few cruises of the post Covid-19 had been done.....

to see what has changed and if the product is still to your liking....... 

We have 2 local cruises booked for late this year..... I don't think i will be making any final payments...

At the moment would like to go anywhere but here in Australia there could be another lock down....

So it is all wait and see.... particularly with the powers to be seam very anti cruises ship as well....

Look on the bright side of life

Cheers Don

Edited by getting older slowly
spelling adn fat fingers

Hey everyone, I totally get the feeling of bleakness and any future releases might not actually come to fruition in the way they're originally arranged. I feel like some threads should be merged, though, so none of us get lost in between the weeds of all these threads. I posted a release of the 2021-22 West Coast deployments here, so I hope this helps! 

10 hours ago, mellon1 said:

You make sense in all you said.  I am just looking for hope for 2022.  Canceled 35 days in 2021 and it will be the first year we did not cruise in I can't remember.  Having something to look forward to makes a huge difference...it gives HOPE.

What were the dates of the 35 days in 2021 that you cancelled?  I have to assume you are part of the ultra conservative group that will not cruise again until after a vaccine comes out and after seeing the results one way or another?  You're looking for hope for 2022, yet at the same time you possibly cancelled five 7 day cruises for 2021. 

Princess have just posted details of the Fall 2021 through Spring 2022 California Coastal, Mexico and Hawaii sailings: https://book.princess.com/pdf/onesource/pc/sales_marketing/Destination/2021_2022_program_launch/americas/2021-2022WestCoastReferenceFlyer.pdf  I do not know an exact date when these sailings will be bookable or viewable on princess.com, but it's usually within 10 days of being posted. 

interseting takeaways - Majestic Princess is headed for the US West Coast and will be based in San Pedro doing mostly 7 day Mexico and California Coastal sailings. Grand Princess will be returning to California, this time to San Pedro to do primarily 15 night Hawaii and 10 night Baja Mexico sailings.  I take the deployment of Majestic to the West Coast as a sign that there might be a ship shuffle for summer 2021 in Alaska forthcoming. 

Princess also recently released Tahiti and South America sailings for Fall 2021 to Spring 2022 along with the 2022 World Cruise. I would guess Caribbean and Panama Canal will be out within the next 2-3 weeks.

• Like 1

The below statement from Princess describes cruises currently being offered. Unfortunately the current situation effects the uncertainty of the deployment of vessels and itineraries, and thus delays publishing of future itineraries. I'm hoping to see 2022 post vaccine sailings published later this year.

We are currently assessing enhanced health and safety protocols in light of COVID-19 and how they may impact our future offerings. Our actual offerings may vary from what is displayed or described here. Stay updated on current Travel Advisories and Health & Safety protocols.

We are currently assessing enhanced health and safety protocols in light

6 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

What were the dates of the 35 days in 2021 that you cancelled?  I have to assume you are part of the ultra conservative group that will not cruise again until after a vaccine comes out and after seeing the results one way or another?  You're looking for hope for 2022, yet at the same time you possibly cancelled five 7 day cruises for 2021. 

It was last week of January 2021 through first week of March 2021.  Unfortunately, my husband is high risk because he had head and neck cancer, which it is a miracle he beat and is here today.  Our doctor (and a friend of our's who is a brain surgeon) advised not to go this year due to the situation now with corona and all the unknowns as it would not be a good situation if he got corona.  My husband's sister had cancer two times and beat it; however, she was the first one to die of H1N1 that hit our area in 2009.  While we love to cruise and have been waiting for this celebration of 5 years cancer free, thus the 5 week cruise, I love my husband too much to risk his health or life.  So, yes, unfortunately, the trip was canceled in enough time so someone else would be able to book the room and hopefully have a safe and enjoyable trip.  I guess I am one of the ultra conservative group...wearing the mask, not getting together with people and not having anyone over, only going out when necessary, etc.  I hate being a Type A personality, but through all of this, it is what I have become.  Although, after he finished all his extensive cancer treatment in November 2015, we did go on a 30 day cruise in February 2016 as the doctor said he wanted us to go and we would have additional scans when we got home.  We had an entire carry on of his pills and items he required on the trip, which we had to explain to the airline and cruise line with a note from the doctor.  He wore a mask in the airport and plane.  I think he went more for me because of all we went through those 7-8 months and having to puree food with the Ninja during his surgery and treatments.  I cleaned the entire room/balcony when we got on the ship and he pretty much stayed on our balcony.  We had a table at 2nd seating in the corner alone and did not do the buffet or shows.  I did the Sanctuary so we were not around people.  We didn't get off the ship.  I have a picture of him at the beginning of the trip in his hoodie on his head and blankets on the balcony and one at the end of the cruise, in his beach hat and shorts and no blanket...he looked like a different person.  It was amazing what the salt air and stress free can do for healing you.  There will always be another cruise, but only one love of my life.  So having hope in something to look forward to is all we've got right now and I will choose HOPE every time.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, getting older slowly said:

I understand Mellon 1 .. you want something to look forward to...

but as the other Don said.... I lot things need to happen first......

I would really be waiting until at least the first few cruises of the post Covid-19 had been done.....

to see what has changed and if the product is still to your liking....... 

We have 2 local cruises booked for late this year..... I don't think i will be making any final payments...

At the moment would like to go anywhere but here in Australia there could be another lock down....

So it is all wait and see.... particularly with the powers to be seam very anti cruises ship as well....

Look on the bright side of life

Cheers Don

Thanks Don for your response.  We are just opening on 6/26 to go green here; however, our numbers keep going up even before the green.  Can't control everyone, just ourselves and what we choose to do and not do.  It is the same on the cruise ships...they can't control what everyone does on the ship.  It is impossible.

13 hours ago, snoozecrooze said:

Hey everyone, I totally get the feeling of bleakness and any future releases might not actually come to fruition in the way they're originally arranged. I feel like some threads should be merged, though, so none of us get lost in between the weeds of all these threads. I posted a release of the 2021-22 West Coast deployments here, so I hope this helps! 

Thank you!  It is nice to know others feel the same way.

6 hours ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

Princess have just posted details of the Fall 2021 through Spring 2022 California Coastal, Mexico and Hawaii sailings: https://book.princess.com/pdf/onesource/pc/sales_marketing/Destination/2021_2022_program_launch/americas/2021-2022WestCoastReferenceFlyer.pdf  I do not know an exact date when these sailings will be bookable or viewable on princess.com, but it's usually within 10 days of being posted. 

interseting takeaways - Majestic Princess is headed for the US West Coast and will be based in San Pedro doing mostly 7 day Mexico and California Coastal sailings. Grand Princess will be returning to California, this time to San Pedro to do primarily 15 night Hawaii and 10 night Baja Mexico sailings.  I take the deployment of Majestic to the West Coast as a sign that there might be a ship shuffle for summer 2021 in Alaska forthcoming. 

Princess also recently released Tahiti and South America sailings for Fall 2021 to Spring 2022 along with the 2022 World Cruise. I would guess Caribbean and Panama Canal will be out within the next 2-3 weeks.

HOPE...I am smiling

1 hour ago, skynight said:

The below statement from Princess describes cruises currently being offered. Unfortunately the current situation effects the uncertainty of the deployment of vessels and itineraries, and thus delays publishing of future itineraries. I'm hoping to see 2022 post vaccine sailings published later this year.

We are currently assessing enhanced health and safety protocols in light of COVID-19 and how they may impact our future offerings. Our actual offerings may vary from what is displayed or described here. Stay updated on current Travel Advisories and Health & Safety protocols.

We are currently assessing enhanced health and safety protocols in light

Thanks for the info.  I hope they have it mandatory everyone has to have the covid vaccine and flue shot too in able to board.

• Like 1

I know this is a Princess board and that is one of my two preferred cruise lines. And I agree we all need hope. I think I enjoy researching a cruise a year or more before almost as much as the cruise itself. So in the “hope” category, NCL (not a favorite line) has cruise itineraries up until 2023. So I find it fun just looking at the ports and excursions even if those cruises never happen or I have no intention of cruising with NCL. Also with Smart TVs you can have YouTube on your tv and there are lots of ship tours, shore excursion reviews, etc. that are fun to watch while we wait for the virus to be defeated. Just a suggestion— this is what works for me! 

Edited by dawnprincess

8 hours ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

I also found it interesting that the Majestic is coming to the USA since it was built for the Asian market.  Ditto the Sapphire coming back and a brand spanking new Discovery coming to the west cost.  And the Grand is still scheduled which takes the wind out of rumors that she has been sold.

1 hour ago, dawnprincess said:

I know this is a Princess board and that is one of my two preferred cruise lines. And I agree we all need hope. I think I enjoy researching a cruise a year or more before almost as much as the cruise itself. So in the “hope” category, NCL (not a favorite line) has cruise itineraries up until 2023. So I find it fun just looking at the ports and excursions even if those cruises never happen or I have no intention of cruising with NCL. Also with Smart TVs you can have YouTube on your tv and there are lots of ship tours, shore excursion reviews, etc. that are fun to watch while we wait for the virus to be defeated. Just a suggestion— this is what works for me! 

Yes, I do the same, start looking and planning.  It gives us something good to look foward to.  After all, isn't that what we all work for.  We have learned to live a new normal before, we will just have to do it again.  Just is not fun.  Thanks for the suggestions.  It sure will help during the long cold winter.

21 minutes ago, CarelessAndConfused said:

Thank you for the information on the 2023 NCL schedule being available.  That seems to be a reasonable year that we can expect with more assurance that the ships may sail.  I'm with you that I get as much enjoyment or almost as much out of the researching/planning phase as the cruise itself.

Even that comes with worries though. Is NCL selling those cruises now only because they desperately need some money coming in? A booked cruise on a line that goes into bankruptcy won't bring you any further joy.

(Not that I know anything much about NCL's financial standing, or am saying they are likely to go into bankruptcy. Just that it's the kind of thing I worry about with any of the cruise lines.)

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, CarelessAndConfused said:

Agree with everything you say.  I have no intention of actually booking until a couple weeks or so prior to sail.  But all of the hypothetical researching can still be done.  I'm flexible on exact dates too so it's more for passing time entertainment at this point than anything else.

I get what you're saying completely as I love to plan our trips, which consist of cruises and RV travel.  However, I've spent the past 2+ years planning a 'bucket list' cruise to Europe that has been cancelled and I am defeated thinking about the countless hours I put into it.  The cruise we booked was a 'one-off' that isn't normally offered so that's why we booked so far in advance and it doesn't appear to be on offer again in the future.  I am bummed and disappointed, but feel that I don't have the fortitude to put all that time into another trip that may or may not happen.  At this point we are focusing on RV travel around the US and will probably not make final payment on our Alaska Cruisetour booked for June 2021.  

1 hour ago, CarelessAndConfused said:

I have no intention of actually booking until a couple weeks or so prior to sail. 

Great game plan, but only cost effective if you can drive to the port.  If you need to fly, then last minute flights can usually be expensive.