Any news on Radiance?

mmpadp

Does anyone know if they resumed the refurbishment of the Victory to Radiance dry dock in Cadiz, Spain.  The port was shut down and work on the ship was halted due to covid-19.  I can't find any info if the port has re-opened and the work resumed.

All I can find is that the port is open, but what I really want to know is if refurbishment started.  I've heard rumors (strictly rumors) that since it is a 2 million dollar refurb;  they may postpone or scrap the refurbishment entirely.  That may be a way for carnival to re-coup some of their financial loses due to covid.

12 minutes ago, Stick93 said:

There are 2-3 forms on this -

Look them up you willget your information.

All I can find is that the port is open, but what I really want to know is if refurbishment started.  I've heard rumors (strictly rumors) that since it is a 2 million dollar refurb;  they may postpone or scrap the refurbishment entirely.  That may be a way for carnival to re-coup some of their financial loses due to covid.

47 minutes ago, mmpadp said:

•  

200 million - and I think all there is right now is rumor on its progress and what it will ultimately look like.

46 minutes ago, shof515 said:

during the transatlantic crossing from the states to the shipyard, they already gutted the ship so the refurbishment already started

This may be the only verified fact that is known.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stick93 said:

200 million - and I think all there is right now is rumor on its progress and what it will ultimately look like.

This may be the only verified fact that is known.

The ship never made it into dry dock , moored in Spain waiting on Carnival . You can verify by googling Carnival victory location in real time 

7 minutes ago, UrbishN said:

The ship never made it into dry dock , moored in Spain waiting on Carnival . You can verify by googling Carnival victory location in real time 

That only tells you where it is now, not where it was, or how much of the transformation requires a dry dock vs wet dock.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, UrbishN said:

It was actually in dry dock in march. According to marinetraffic, it looks like  they moved the victory to the other pier so that another ship can be dry dock space

it appears the pier the victory is now is a regular cargo terminal. most likely when the work on other ship is finished, the victory will go back to the drydock space

Edited by shof515

People on another social media site post articles from Spain a lot and the most recent (after translating) said Carnival wasn’t going to move forward with it BUT that wasn’t from Carnival just a newspaper from Spain. I wish they would tell us so I could make other plans if need be!

7 minutes ago, Tjcalley said:

People on another social media site post articles from Spain a lot and the most recent (after translating) said Carnival wasn’t going to move forward with it BUT that wasn’t from Carnival just a newspaper from Spain. I wish they would tell us so I could make other plans if need be!

I think if they started to tell us they would have to tell us more than we are being told already. I am sure they are pretty sure what the outlook is for the next 6 months and the best and worst case scenarios. I think the point is if they don't say much or give a little info people will continue to book. I see no reason it should be different for this ship. 

1 minute ago, Stick93 said:

I think if they started to tell us they would have to tell us more than we are being told already. I am sure they are pretty sure what the outlook is for the next 6 months and the best and worst case scenarios. I think the point is if they don't say much or give a little info people will continue to book. I see no reason it should be different for this ship. 

I agree! If I was 100% certain I would do a booking on another ship for the same date but I know if I do that the Radiance will miraculously sail 🤣

3 hours ago, shof515 said:

It was actually in dry dock in march. According to marinetraffic, it looks like  they moved the victory to the other pier so that another ship can be dry dock space

it appears the pier the victory is now is a regular cargo terminal. most likely when the work on other ship is finished, the victory will go back to the drydock space

According to the Spanish papers , which I can’t verify . The alarm had already begun when Victory arrived with 3500 crew and contractors aboard . They did not enter dry dock as the next day the shipyard was closed . However , the contractors onboard demo’d the ship in the way over . It sounds plausible . They actually had to pull a few strings to enter Spain at that time and all onboard tested and could not leave the ship . Pretty sure it was a big mess . 

28 minutes ago, Tjcalley said:

I agree! If I was 100% certain I would do a booking on another ship for the same date but I know if I do that the Radiance will miraculously sail 🤣

Watch John Healds Facebook page . He has lots of questions regarding Radiance . His latest response today. “ I’m hoping to have an update in the next few days “  we will see 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, UrbishN said:

Watch John Healds Facebook page . He has lots of questions regarding Radiance . His latest response today. “ I’m hoping to have an update in the next few days “  we will see 

Thanks! Today I actually took the time to figure out how to see the posts on his page from people and I saw that. I hope we hear some type of news soon! 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Tjcalley said:

Thanks! Today I actually took the time to figure out how to see the posts on his page from people and I saw that. I hope we hear some type of news soon! 

You may already know this , but if you go to Facebook and type Radiance John Heald in the search bar  .. it will only pull up posts that have something to do with Radiance. He gets lots of other questions every day , it saves time 

14 minutes ago, UrbishN said:

You may already know this , but if you go to Facebook and type Radiance John Heald in the search bar  .. it will only pull up posts that have something to do with Radiance. He gets lots of other questions every day , it saves time 

I did not know that! Thank you!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have to ask the question back. Do you really think a enclosed cruise ship with 7000 people on board will be allowed to cruise in November of this year? Also, if one or two people develop COVID on this cruise, can you think of a port in the world that will let these 7000 disembark?

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Castaway Cowgirl said:

Not sure if we should pay off our November trip. If it will be cancelled, we definitely do not want to pay it off.

For me would depend on if I could cancel without a penalty 

I doubt my oct cruise will go but made final payment rather than get cancelled for non payment and lose the money. I made final payment for my oct 4th, will let them cancel me.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, MRVEGAS711 said:

I have to ask the question back. Do you really think a enclosed cruise ship with 7000 people on board will be allowed to cruise in November of this year? Also, if one or two people develop COVID on this cruise, can you think of a port in the world that will let these 7000 disembark?

You're just too logical.

Based on the current "American Situation"....nobody is going anywhere for many months.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, fyree39 said:

I'm waiting for my October 11th Freedom cruise to cancel. I haven't bothered booking flights.

I wanted to book that date, but they say full. Make it b2b

Next year same date prices are sky high to me

Our final payment is due in early September for our December 5th sailing. We don’t think it’s going to be ready by then and there is a big chance we won’t be cruising by then either. We talked about taking the early saver hit and moving our booking to another ship in December but I don’t think I feel comfortable sailing yet with what’s going on still. If it isn’t canceled by final payment date then we are going to put it on our Carnival credit card so we don’t tie up our money in the event it gets canceled. 

18 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

You're just too logical.

Based on the current "American Situation"....nobody is going anywhere for many months.

I hate the situation as I love cruising, but there is plenty of world to see out there so I'll be fine until 2022 at the earliest. Someday it will go back to "almost normal" on cruise ships and at that point I'll return. I can't see a ship leaving dock June 2021 at the earliest. In the meantime, the cruise companies will very much enjoy staying afloat on all these deposits that could be earning interest in the peoples accounts.

• Haha 1