Any news on Radiance?

mmpadp

1 minute ago, Tjcalley said:

Our final payment is due in early September for our December 5th sailing. We don’t think it’s going to be ready by then and there is a big chance we won’t be cruising by then either. We talked about taking the early saver hit and moving our booking to another ship in December but I don’t think I feel comfortable sailing yet with what’s going on still. If it isn’t canceled by final payment date then we are going to put it on our Carnival credit card so we don’t tie up our money in the event it gets canceled. 

I dont think I'd move to another dec date this year.

In fact I have a January date, rcl will allow a lift and shift to a year later I'm probably doing. It goes to roatan who says they wouldn't be open to cruise ships into 2021

I sure wish carnival offered price protection and could move my oct cruise to oct 2021 price protected. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MRVEGAS711 said:

I hate the situation as I love cruising, but there is plenty of world to see out there so I'll be fine until 2022 at the earliest. Someday it will go back to "almost normal" on cruise ships and at that point I'll return. I can't see a ship leaving dock June 2021 at the earliest. In the meantime, the cruise companies will very much enjoy staying afloat on all these deposits that could be earning interest in the peoples accounts.

Interest in people's accounts?  Lol...have you checked current interest rates!

DH and I both had covid...so maybe we are immune and maybe they aren't.

But...I wouldn't cruise with the restrictions (why bother...I can wear a mask and socially distance at home)

And I wouldn't want to be "caught at sea" and stuck in a cabin

My next and only scheduled cruise is 9/21....final payment is 3 days after the first ship is scheduled to sail out of NY...so I'm lucky that I can make an educated decision.

If I were in OP's position....I would not pay it off.  Losing a deposit on what will at best be an "abbreviated cruise" is what I call cutting your loses.

Edited by MsTabbyKats

No news on Radiance. It’s been asked on John Healds Facebook page a few times and he keeps saying no updates right now. 😞

For what it’s worth, we are booked on her for Thanksgiving and will be making final payment. Would rather have options if it’s not ready than nothing. We booked refundable deposit so I will lose nothing by cancelling. Prefer to be hopeful than cynical, much to people on this boards dismay I’m sure. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MRVEGAS711 said:

I have to ask the question back. Do you really think a enclosed cruise ship with 7000 people on board will be allowed to cruise in November of this year? Also, if one or two people develop COVID on this cruise, can you think of a port in the world that will let these 7000 disembark?

I think you are right but in retrospect not allowing cruise ship to disembark passengers cause some deaths and spread of the virus among the other passengers.  A rational approach would be to disembark passengers and allow them to truly isolate. On a ship there is not way to really isolate. 

2 hours ago, MRVEGAS711 said:

I have to ask the question back. Do you really think a enclosed cruise ship with 7000 people on board will be allowed to cruise in November of this year? Also, if one or two people develop COVID on this cruise, can you think of a port in the world that will let these 7000 disembark?

What 7000 people? Does it matter if one yacht with a two people and a crew of 5 pull in with one infected person?  Also that without tourist dollars brought into ports, more people will die of poverty related issues than COVID

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MRVEGAS711 said:

How is the US Navy or any other navy handling the situation?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MRVEGAS711 said:

I hate the situation as I love cruising, but there is plenty of world to see out there so I'll be fine until 2022 at the earliest. Someday it will go back to "almost normal" on cruise ships and at that point I'll return. I can't see a ship leaving dock June 2021 at the earliest. In the meantime, the cruise companies will very much enjoy staying afloat on all these deposits that could be earning interest in the peoples accounts.

More and more of the world is closing to Americans, but you have 48-51 states you can see.

2 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

How is the US Navy or any other navy handling the situation?

The last count I saw the were less than 1400 cases on US navy ships with also 1200 on the USS Theodore Roosevelt with 3 deaths on Us ships.  A French air craft carrier was also heavily infected but had no deaths.

Edited by Purvis1231
typo
  • Like 1

I am also going on the Dec 5 cruise I picked this one from a canceled april cruise. If they have to cancel ok but what I dont like is if I rebook to a future cruise ,say nov 2021 That cruise is a lot more .I wish I could just roll my money to a new cruise at the same cost as the canceled cruise 

3 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

Isn't NY restricting travel from some other states, including Texas and Florida?

It's every state that is showing an increase in cases.  I think it's 30 and it's updated as needed.  The "restriction" is that people are supposed to self-quarantine for 2 weeks.  Although there's no way to enforce that....hopefully it discourages people.  There's no point in coming here now anyway.....no theatre, no museums, no zoos, very limited restaurants....no nothing.

4 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

It's every state that is showing an increase in cases.  I think it's 30 and it's updated as needed.  The "restriction" is that people are supposed to self-quarantine for 2 weeks.  Although there's no way to enforce that....hopefully it discourages people.  There's no point in coming here now anyway.....no theatre, no museums, no zoos, very limited restaurants....no nothing.

Never say never. Pence is now recommending masks.

12 hours ago, firefly333 said:

For me would depend on if I could cancel without a penalty 

I doubt my oct cruise will go but made final payment rather than get cancelled for non payment and lose the money. I made final payment for my oct 4th, will let them cancel me.

I thought I responded to this earlier but must not have submitted.  Yes, unfortunately we are booked easy saver so would take a $250 hit for 5 people (2 cabins).  The entire cruise is about $4500.  We are waiting for a refund from a Princess cruise for about $5500 from March (!) so are a bit scared to put more money down if the Radiance is not going to sail.  We are not worried about the Covid hysteria and just worry about whether it will sail or not.  We booked the cruise 2 years ago, so it is really sad to think about cancelling.  I remember the day we booked it.  We were very excited.  Almost all new ports for us.  

10 hours ago, ugagal07 said:

No news on Radiance. It’s been asked on John Healds Facebook page a few times and he keeps saying no updates right now. 😞

For what it’s worth, we are booked on her for Thanksgiving and will be making final payment. Would rather have options if it’s not ready than nothing. We booked refundable deposit so I will lose nothing by cancelling. Prefer to be hopeful than cynical, much to people on this boards dismay I’m sure. 

This is the cruise on which we are booked also.  Awesome 8 night cruise!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Castaway Cowgirl said:

It does look like a great itinerary!  We booked in Jan 2019 and snagged an aft balcony on the promenade, our first one. 

I have a list of other sailings that weeK, just in case. Fingers crossed for good news all around though. Breeze out of FLL is also an 8 day and was cheaper than what we booked for last time I looked. That would be my 1st back up. 

Just now, ugagal07 said:

It does look like a great itinerary!  We booked in Jan 2019 and snagged an aft balcony on the promenade, our first one. 

I have a list of other sailings that weeK, just in case. Fingers crossed for good news all around though. Breeze out of FLL is also an 8 day and was cheaper than what we booked for last time I looked. That would be my 1st back up. 

We almost booked the Breeze 8 night (also a great itinerary) but opted for the Radiance last minute.  Of course we are really regretting the decision!  I think the Breeze is more likely to sail.   We have been on the Breeze once and, even though we loved it, we like to try different ships. That was the deciding factor at the time.  

43 minutes ago, Castaway Cowgirl said:

I thought I responded to this earlier but must not have submitted.  Yes, unfortunately we are booked easy saver so would take a $250 hit for 5 people (2 cabins).  The entire cruise is about $4500.  We are waiting for a refund from a Princess cruise for about $5500 from March (!) so are a bit scared to put more money down if the Radiance is not going to sail.  We are not worried about the Covid hysteria and just worry about whether it will sail or not.  We booked the cruise 2 years ago, so it is really sad to think about cancelling.  I remember the day we booked it.  We were very excited.  Almost all new ports for us.  

I did see your post earlier. I have a lot less at risk.

My August cruise was cancelled and I put in for a refund.

So only oct left on carnival ... I wish I had foreseen things would get worse and booked fall 2021 but if wishes were horses then beggars would ride. 

I'm glad I don't have as much as you at risk. ... though i have 5 booked on rcl, but their terms are easier about cancelling.

10 hours ago, Castaway Cowgirl said:

We’re on this one, too. B2B with Mardi Gras new Inaugural. And both paid in full from cancellations. We will likely just refund, if these cancel. Getting tired of the disappointment.

We live in Central Florida.

If you had asked me a month ago whether I would re-book my December cruise on Radiance should it get delayed, I would have said "yeah, sure!"

Now, with the recent explosion of cases, I am very shy about whether I would re-book.  I don't even want to vacation in my own state right now, and other states don't want me visiting (rightly so).

If my cruise gets cancelled, I'll just take the refund and wait it out.  Same for my booking on Mardi Gras in April-ish.  If I never cruise again, I'll look back fondly at that time in my life when things were a little more carefree.

• Like 1

On 6/28/2020 at 8:28 AM, MRVEGAS711 said:

Not to nitpick, but capacity, with crew, is just about 5000. And work has been halted on the transformation for a couple of months now. Earliest sailing would not even be until end of November IF they resume work soon and that doesn't seem likely.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Bookbug53 said:

Not to nitpick, but capacity, with crew, is just about 5000. And work has been halted on the transformation for a couple of months now. Earliest sailing would not even be until end of November IF they resume work soon and that doesn't seem likely.

Being off a number by 40% is not a nitpic.  

• Like 1