Any news on Radiance?

mmpadp

3 hours ago, Bookbug53 said:

Not to nitpick, but capacity, with crew, is just about 5000. And work has been halted on the transformation for a couple of months now. Earliest sailing would not even be until end of November IF they resume work soon and that doesn't seem likely.

The original transformation was scheduled for about 45 days. If they started work today, they could be cruising mid-September.

• Like 1

The Carnival CorporAtion seems to be hesitating to take delivery ofthe Iona for P&O UK a Carnival subsidiary. Carnival still owes 80% of the contract price ( approx $700-$800) million.

i would think thata Radian e revitalization is the least of Carnival’s worries these days.

4 hours ago, RD64 said:

The Carnival CorporAtion seems to be hesitating to take delivery ofthe Iona for P&O UK a Carnival subsidiary. Carnival still owes 80% of the contract price ( approx $700-$800) million.

i would think thata Radian e revitalization is the least of Carnival’s worries these days.

If we are really thinking of their top priorities, neither of these make the top 5.  

Has anyone heard anything about the Carnival Radiance refurbish?  Last I heard was back in March when it was suspended due to the port closing in Spain.  Has the port opened? Did they start tp refurbish?   Since it is a $2 million dollar expense, maybe Carnival will postpone it entirely, until they get in a better financial position.

The 3 of us are scheduled on the Radiance for the Thanksgiving cruise.  I booked our cabin back in September 2019. so our final payment is due this September.  I had planned to make a payment this last March and then all this CORVID 19 started to happen.  I have held off any payments and plan to pay it all off at once come September.  I figure by the middle of August I should know if it will sail.  LOL, Ok I HOPE I know if it will sail by then.  Tomorrow is July 1 so there just might make another announcement then.  I am looking forward to a turkey leg and thigh at dinner.  Don

• Like 1

On 6/10/2020 at 1:20 PM, shof515 said:

It was actually in dry dock in march. According to marinetraffic, it looks like  they moved the victory to the other pier so that another ship can be dry dock space

it appears the pier the victory is now is a regular cargo terminal. most likely when the work on other ship is finished, the victory will go back to the drydock space

shof515, you are one of my favorite Cruise Critic members!  Back when all this crud was starting I seen a photo about the Victory going into drydock, in May I mentioned it and when asked for my source I could not for the life of me find the photo.  I figured it had been fake news.  So this old soul does still retain his memory.  Is it ok if I copy and paste your quote to another thread about the Radiance?  Thanks!  Don

23 minutes ago, airdale said:

shof515, you are one of my favorite Cruise Critic members!  Back when all this crud was starting I seen a photo about the Victory going into drydock, in May I mentioned it and when asked for my source I could not for the life of me find the photo.  I figured it had been fake news.  So this old soul does still retain his memory.  Is it ok if I copy and paste your quote to another thread about the Radiance?  Thanks!  Don

yes

Has anyone heard anything about the Carnival Radiance refurbish?  Last I heard was back in March when it was suspended due to the port closing in Spain.  Has the port opened? Did they start tp refurbish?   Since it is a $2 million dollar expense, maybe Carnival will postpone it entirely, until they get in a better financial position.

It actually is a $ 200 million upgrade, not $ 2 million, so they definitely have an incentive to delay it.

28 minutes ago, Retired & Loving It said:

My sister and I were scheduled to take this cruise in September 2021.  My sister died last week, so now I'm hoping to carry out her final wishes.  She wanted to have her and her husband's ashes scattered at sea from a Carnival ship.  All I can do is hope.

So very sorry for your loss.

kathy

46 minutes ago, Retired & Loving It said:

My sister and I were scheduled to take this cruise in September 2021.  My sister died last week, so now I'm hoping to carry out her final wishes.  She wanted to have her and her husband's ashes scattered at sea from a Carnival ship.  All I can do is hope.

My deepest condolences to you and your family for your loss.

10 hours ago, JT1962 said:

It actually is a $ 200 million upgrade, not $ 2 million, so they definitely have an incentive to delay it.

Actually I knew that it was $200 million.  I guess in my haste of typing I made a mistake.  Thank you for pointing that out.

18 minutes ago, airdale said:

I found this on the John Heard Facebook page, not posted by John but by another person.  I found it interesting, BUT NOT definitive, at least at this time.

https://www.lavozdigital.es/cadiz/provincia/lvdi-cruceros-sin-rumbo-fijo-202006290717_noticia.html

Someone on there translated it that the ship is going to be scrapped. Anytime someone posted it John would reply “Carnival hasn’t made any announcements yet” seems like an interesting choice of wording instead of saying it isn’t true. I guess we shall see

40 minutes ago, quattrohead said:

It will be scrapped, no doubt.

I had this thought earlier today.

Even though the Victory is still relatively new, it's already been gutted and the tens of millions needed to get it into service condition can't be justified at the moment. Makes financial sense to do it.

Edited by cjknox

1 hour ago, Tjcalley said:

Someone on there translated it that the ship is going to be scrapped. Anytime someone posted it John would reply “Carnival hasn’t made any announcements yet” seems like an interesting choice of wording instead of saying it isn’t true. I guess we shall see

Without a shred of evidence the last sentence mentions the ship being scrapped, which makes no sense to me. Most of the article deals with Royal Crappabean and the Pullmantur bankruptcy.

There are a few people on a FB page that love to quote that paper as if it is gospel.

Carnival has loan guarantees for building/completion of ships and I don't think they can be used for anything but.

5 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Without a shred of evidence the last sentence mentions the ship being scrapped, which makes no sense to me. Most of the article deals with Royal Crappabean and the Pullmantur bankruptcy.

There are a few people on a FB page that love to quote that paper as if it is gospel.

Carnival has loan guarantees for building/completion of ships and I don't think they can be used for anything but.

I think I know what page you are talking about and you are right! Comment section is always an interesting read!

1 hour ago, Butterbean1000 said:

John Heald just stated that construction has not started on the Radiance.  He said he hopes to have an update in a couple of weeks. 

but they did constructions and other work when she sailed empty with no passengers across the pond from Florida to Europe. They was even some pictures posted of the inside of the ship showing the work

3 minutes ago, shof515 said:

but they did constructions and other work when she sailed empty with no passengers across the pond from Florida to Europe. They was even some pictures posted of the inside of the ship showing the work

I had heard they did some demolition.   Heald stated that construction has not started. His words.