Switching to single cabin

njc519

Hello,

Does anyone know if it would be possible to switch out of a cabin of 3 into a single cabin (so one cabin of 2 and one of 1) if you are booked onto a sailing that offers 'single discount'/no single supplement.

Obviously this would be if the single fare is less than or equal to what you have paid. If not, could you still do it and pay the extra?

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Forums mobile app

If past Final Payment there will be issues. i.e. cancel rebook penalties - - -

But before that time simply book a cabin for two and then book a cabin (solo) for one.

The cabins can be any class.

As noted in post 2 some ships have Solo accommodations.

Single travelers pay the double occupancy rate - sorry no breaks for you !

So consider booking the least expensive cabin class.

Commonly a balcony cabin for two is booked with an Inside cabin close by - ROOM FOR EVERYONE !

6 hours ago, Jeanne2 said:

Calling NCL and talking to someone directly will make the process so much easier than trying to do it on line yourself.

OR  -  work thru a Travel Agent who knows how to get the most out of this !

Adult ages are involved with who is the primary (Lead) guest in occupancy booking a cabin.

While cruising is on a high seas hiatus until further notice - don't wait or plan the details to the last Final Payment period

not only perhaps losing prime cabin selection combinations but other perks bennies OBC etc.

11 hours ago, njc519 said:

It would be on Norweigian Dawn, and not yet paid final balance, only deposit.

I have tried a mock booking for 1, and it is not charge double occupancy on this sailing!

The Dawn does not have studio cabins.    If you are waiting for a deal with a single rate-  in the past these have many times,  only come out less than a week prior.          It is not likely to be cheaper,  as frequently after double occupancy-   rates can be lower,  even zero.    

What cruise are you looking at?    

11 hours ago, don't-use-real-name said:

As noted in post 2 some ships have Solo accommodations.

Single travelers pay the double occupancy rate - sorry no breaks for you !

So consider booking the least expensive cabin class.

In the past-  it was not unocmmon for NCL to drop/reduce double occupancy rates=  last minute.    I actually picked up and sailed 22 last year.    

13 hours ago, njc519 said:

I'm not really looking to cancel and rebook, just make an amendment, as it is part of a package with flights and pre-stay through a travel agent.

If you were just working with NCL, you'd most likely be able to drop guest #3 and book that person as a solo, under current terms. But if you booked as a package, only your TA can make changes.  Assuming you mean you booked your cruise as part of the package, no need to call NCL, they will just refer you back to your TA.

5 hours ago, Budget Queen said:

I actually picked up and sailed 22 last year.

Sailed 22 times last year??!! Holy cow Budget Queen! I'm recently retired and want to now cruise frequently (once cruising resumes). I would consider 22 cruises in a year to be frequent. I want to be like you Budget Queen...

• Haha 1

On 6/30/2020 at 10:34 PM, Budget Queen said:

In the past-  it was not unocmmon for NCL to drop/reduce double occupancy rates=  last minute.    I actually picked up and sailed 22 last year.    

On 7/1/2020 at 3:49 AM, farmersfight said:

Sailed 22 times last year??!! Holy cow Budget Queen! I'm recently retired and want to now cruise frequently (once cruising resumes). I would consider 22 cruises in a year to be frequent. I want to be like you Budget Queen...

Wow! Me, too! Do you think Budget Queen might adopt us? 🙃

On 6/30/2020 at 12:57 PM, njc519 said:

Not called NCL yet, as I dont currently have my ref number to hand. Just thought I'd see if anyone had tried anything similar! emoji846.png

OP, I think you can see that calling NCL or your TA, is really the only way to determine the accurate information, so, do you have your answer yet? 

Just wondering... and wishing you luck in your search for info. 

Cheers

TA has come back saying it would be £1200+ on top of the original balance 😮

Seems a lot considering the mock quotes on NCL website were not very different... I will not be paying that to switch, and will be content as the 3rd in a cabin instead!!