Lift and Shift for Cruise not cancelled yet?

So sorry if this has already been asked and answered.

I have a cruise for Oct 2, 2020 and final payment is July 4. Am I allowed to do the Lift and Shift for this cruise and move it to next year or does it have to be cancelled prior to doing the L&S? I am not wanting to throw anymore money to the cruise line at this point so will just cancel if I can't do the Lift and Shift.

TIA!

I will say "yes" you can L&S. We had one for this September out of New Orleans and we did the L&S, moving it to next year. I believe you need to do the same number of days and within the same time frame but not necessarily the same ship; not sure if the itinerary needs to be exactly the same or not.

Your or your TA will need to call RCI to do the L&S!

Edited by SilkySal
add

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

There is a link on Royals website that you can do your own L&S without having to call your TA and it will show you all your available options or your TA can pull up a list ion line.

I can't seem to find the link you are talking about. Would you mind linking to it, please?

3 hours ago, EmmasNana said:

Oh, another question, when reading about the L&S it says you need to have the same itinerary. Is that really the case?. 

No, days, timeframe, area, cabin category are the main criteria. 

3 hours ago, Biker19 said:

No, days, timeframe, area, cabin category are the main criteria. 

I L&S an Eastern Caribbean itinerary to a Western last week.  Did it online - very easy.

9 hours ago, mek said:

I L&S an Eastern Caribbean itinerary to a Western last week.  Did it online - very easy.

Great! Since I have a TA for two of my cruises I would like to L&S, do I need to have her do it for me?

2 minutes ago, EmmasNana said:

Great! Since I have a TA for two of my cruises I would like to L&S, do I need to have her do it for me?

No - my booking was made with a TA and I was able to make the change online.  When you enter your booking # the options available will be there.  Since you have a TA, not sure what, if anything,  will show up for that, but it's worth a try.

9 minutes ago, mek said:

No - my booking was made with a TA and I was able to make the change online.  When you enter your booking # the options available will be there.  Since you have a TA, not sure what, if anything,  will show up for that, but it's worth a try.

Okay, were you able to choose your room number? I went through the motions yesterday and it said it would assign the best available room.

1 hour ago, EmmasNana said:

Okay, were you able to choose your room number? I went through the motions yesterday and it said it would assign the best available room.

You cannot choose your room.  It is automatically assigned.  Once you get your switch back you can then call and change rooms.  If you used a TA then they will have to change rooms for you. (they can do this on line in under a minute)

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You cannot choose your room.  It is automatically assigned.  Once you get your switch back you can then call and change rooms.  If you used a TA then they will have to change rooms for you. (they can do this on line in under a minute)

Got it! Thanks so much!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EmmasNana said:

My November 2020 cruise was a guarantee, so it didn't matter to me, but when I went into my personalizer a room had already been assigned for the November 2021 sail date - it was the same category I originally booked and I was happy with the location.

I would imagine if they assign a cabin you don't like you probably will be able to change the location as long as it's in the same category.  Just a guess on my part, but it's worth a try if you are unhappy with what you end up with.