Odyssey

Like many, my cruise aboard Odyssey was cancelled. Turns out, my April 9, 2021, 8-night cruise was the last one in Florida before a transatlantic trip to Rome.

Now I’m trying to understand all those topics I ignored, i.e. lift & shift, FCC. However, that’s irrelevant until I know Odyssey’s projected schedule for April 2022.

Does Odyssey have two permanent homeports, Fort Lauderdale and Civiavecchia?

Odyssey present schedule ends April 17, 2022. What happens after that? Will Odyssey sail back to Rome or will Royal release an 8-night cruise in FL starting April 22, 2022?

Royal gave us until July 17 to choose a cancellation option. Any guesses on the whereabouts of Odyssey after the last published cruise is much appreciated. I don’t want to wait for a cruise that will never happen.

46 minutes ago, smarcbie said:

Like many, my cruise aboard Odyssey was cancelled. Turns out, my April 9, 2021, 8-night cruise was the last one in Florida before a transatlantic trip to Rome.

Now I’m trying to understand all those topics I ignored, i.e. lift & shift, FCC. However, that’s irrelevant until I know Odyssey’s projected schedule for April 2022.

Does Odyssey have two permanent homeports, Fort Lauderdale and Civiavecchia?

Odyssey present schedule ends April 17, 2022. What happens after that? Will Odyssey sail back to Rome or will Royal release an 8-night cruise in FL starting April 22, 2022?

Royal gave us until July 17 to choose a cancellation option. Any guesses on the whereabouts of Odyssey after the last published cruise is much appreciated. I don’t want to wait for a cruise that will never happen.

Yes Odyssey has 2 homeports.

New itineraries beyond April 2022 should be released for Odyssey and most other ships.   Most likely is that she will sail back to Rome to do another Med season.

It doesn't matter where she is after April 2022 as you are only allowed to choose sailings that are currently released.

Yes Odyssey has 2 homeports.

New itineraries beyond April 2022 should be released for Odyssey and most other ships.   Most likely is that she will sail back to Rome to do another Med season.

It doesn't matter where she is after April 2022 as you are only allowed to choose sailings that are currently released.
Do you know where she will be Thanksgiving 2021?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, PhoenixCruiser said:

Do you know where she will be Thanksgiving 2021?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

The first TA gets back to FLL on 11/11 then she has a 9n cruise.  But there is a gap from 11/20 until the next scheduled departure on 11/28.  
Is there a charter in that gap?

Where will her naming ceremony be held now? In Rome?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, PhoenixCruiser said:

That is what I'm thinking

I'm not sure how we will be able to lift and shift our cancelled Nov 20th cruise.

You have 4 weeks on either side of Nov. 20, 2021 to Lift & Shift your current cruise. 

Right now, Odyssey's last scheduled cruise is April 17, 2022. When does Royal release the next batch of cruises?

Is there a way or a source to figure out the ship's destination for the later half of April 2022? I checked Civiavecchia port in Rome and a few Caribbean ports but nothing was listed for Odyssey.

2 hours ago, PhoenixCruiser said:

Yes, but we like to cruise over Thanksgiving.

Unless you are a member of whichever Company or group who has chartered Odyssey over that week in 2021; it seems you’ll have to look elsewhere? 🤷‍♀️

5 hours ago, smarcbie said:

Right now, Odyssey's last scheduled cruise is April 17, 2022. When does Royal release the next batch of cruises?

Is there a way or a source to figure out the ship's destination for the later half of April 2022? I checked Civiavecchia port in Rome and a few Caribbean ports but nothing was listed for Odyssey.

She’ll be doing an Eastbound TA to the med. 

On 7/4/2020 at 2:58 AM, John&LaLa said:

It was ok, i was thinking more of the Greek connection. Not sure if there is a port in Ithaca or Troy.😉

Surprised they only do Kusadasi in Turkey. Troy and even Istanbul would be a nice change.

I would like to do an island hop in the Greek Islands. Met a couple in Mykonos that was doing that. No car, flew to Athens and used local ferries and buses. They thought it was expensive than bringing a car. 

3 hours ago, Jenjer said:

Thank You so much for the info. Other lines have their 2022 summer schedule and I was hoping Odyssey would be in the Caribbean but it looks like that is a long shot.    

There are enough ships based in the US over the summer, hence for year to come I doubt we will se Odyssey deployed year round in the Carbbean.

4 hours ago, Jenjer said:

Thank You so much for the info. Other lines have their 2022 summer schedule and I was hoping Odyssey would be in the Caribbean but it looks like that is a long shot.    

Oasis class ships other than 1 sailing from Barcelona stay in the Caribbean as they can’t do a lot of ports like Odyssey could in Europe. 

I combed through Odyssey's itinerary for 2021 and checked the European ports for 2022. Unfortunately, I came to the same conclusion regarding her next unlisted cruise. Odyssey will most likely be heading to its Rome homeport for the May season. 

I was able to L&S to an identical cruise, cabins, and date-albeit one year later. BTW, my cabins were not listed as available on any website, even foreign sites. Only when I called Royal did the rep tell me the cabins were available. 

Thank you for your previous responses. Hope to meet you on the High Seas