MSC Meraviglia & Preziosa - new round of cancellations

monsterl

29 minutes ago, JAGR said:

With the cancellations and re-bookings I have been experiencing, I share your frustration.  At least for me, I think it will eventually work out. I do take solace in my knowledge that every cruise I have booked that has been cancelled also means one less chance of finding Mariner Boy in the cabin next to me.  Gone, but nor forgotten!  There is always a silver lining!😉

Sssh ... he'll hear you!  At least with Beetlejuice you had to say the name 3 times - with this one you don't!  😛

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The cancellations are now on the US website.  Preziosa is only showing cancelled through October 4th.  The booking site still shows two cruises on October 20th, possibly an error.  The Grand Voyage to Brazil on Oct 25 is also missing so the schedule starts with South American sailing in November.  People booked up to October 4th can apply for FCC or refund starting July 22nd.  My suspicion is Preziosa cruises after the 4th will be changed to another ship (perhaps why they are still selling the Oct 20th itineraries).  That would mean just the Norway and Iceland itineraries are cancelled, the Baltic Sea itineraries could just be switched to another ship.  Preziosa likely will just remain in the Caribbean.

Strange again is Meraviglia is cancelled to August 29th yet there are/were two August 30 sailings to Norway that fall through the cracks.  All 2020 European Meraviglia sailings are gone from the booking site and the ship will also probably stay in the Caribbean.

ETA: October 20th Preziosa is no longer bookable.  I can't think of a ship that would be available to replace Baltic cruises for Preziosa after Oct 4th, Divina already has a new Med schedule.

Edited by Até

Ate ... I remain fairly convinced that there will not be any Northern Europe sailings this year, as for the Med at the minute it is anyone's guess. Russia remains with high Covid 19 numbers right now and increasing so I doubt that cruise lines would want to take their ships there.

Edited by sidari

I know this is the MSC site but regarding my earlier post  today, Anthem has gone from a 7 day sailing to a 14th.  I don't have to pay extra.  Excellent news!! (If it goes ahead that is).  

Our 4 day sampler on Grand Princess has become the Regal Princess!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sidari said:

Ate ... I remain fairly convinced that there will not be any Northern Europe sailings this year....

I agree.  UK site, like most others, shows all Northern Europe cancelled to/including October 18th.  Even with that October 18th date it still leaves a Baltic cruise from Hamburg uncertain.  I just don't understand why the US site would be so specific to state up to October 4th for Preziosa, basically leaving several Baltic cruises in limbo.  The TA from Hamburg to Brazil on Oct 25th is also still uncertain. 

The same with Meraviglia, why would the US site only cancel to August 29th and leave the last two sailings on the 30th?  No answer needed....

We were booked in Yacht Club on the MSC Splendida in March of next year.  Yes MSC are up to their tricks again, have just swapped ship, now has been replaced by MSC Poesia which has NO Yacht Club and nobody informed us, yet......!

Really pleased as we didn’t wish to cruise with MSC ever again, now we will get our deposit refunded which we had written off.
Best advice to everyone, AVOID MSC as they are completely untrustworthy.

There are emails going out, we just had one saying ship changed etc and 

As gesture of commercial courtesy, we would like to offer you:

-          An onboard credit of €200 onboard credit per cabin (€100 per single cabin occupancy) for 7-nights cruises or longer.

We will assume your acceptance of this change of itinerary unless we hear from your agent via email at operationsuk@msccruises.co.uk within 30 working days from receipt of this communication. The payment already made for the previous cruise will be transferred on the new reservation. Please note that the updated reservation should be available to view in your My MSC Area.

23 hours ago, Beamafar said:

I had expected to lose the deposit as MSC don't usually refund it to those in Ireland and the UK.  Final payment date had actually passed a few days before I received the email and I had already decided that we weren't going to go on the September cruise months ago so had written the deposit off.  Was delighted that the announcement was made in a timely fashion and that I was able to re-use it for a cruise next year.  The email does refer to a refund, though.  (It won't copy and paste for me, unfortunately)

Please note that you will receive a voucher for 125% of value of your cruise package, which can be redeemed on any future cruise at any point until the end of 2021. Once you have received the voucher, if you wish to opt for a refund, please contact operationsuk@msccruises.co.uk to put forward this request after the voucher has been received.

I received confirmation this morning that the Preziosa TA  to Brazil in late October is cancelled. There will be no substitute ship or sailing. 

I was offered the expected 125% FCC. I believe those who booked on the Canadian site will get a full refund if they don't use the FCC by Dec 31, 2021. I'll want to confirm that eventually, and decide what to do. 

LPD