November 6th 2020 Cruise August Deposit Can Be Paid Four weeks Before Holiday

bobupandown

35 minutes ago, bobupandown said:

Med Cruise 6th November 2020, if its still going ahead.

Full / Or Deposits Owing in August, can now be paid up to four weeks before you go. Confirmed with P and O today. 

Have you got it in writing?

30 minutes ago, bobupandown said:

Full / Or Deposits Owing in August, can now be paid up to four weeks before you go. Confirmed with P and O today. 

Great news bob. We'd decided to let August 8th  pass and not pay the balance. Do we have to  contact P&O or will the balance date be automatically moved for us?

Avril 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bobupandown said:

That would be great if it applies to our October cruise on Arcadia as hopefully we would be able to decide whether to sail after knowing what the changes onboard are likely to be and to see whether the Covid situation is improving or not before we decide.

9 hours ago, bobupandown said:

Good to hear.  It would be good if they applied that to balances as bit beyond as well.  We've got a balance due to a TA in September (I think PandO's date is early October), and another balance due to PandO directly in September.

As much as I love to think that cruises will restart as per the current plan, things are so dynamic at the moment.  We're all having to be flexible/patient with things like refunds, so equally PandO should allow pax to pay balances later, especially as a lot of people need to know what procedures they can expect to experience/endure whilst on board.

40 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

Good to hear.  It would be good if they applied that to balances as bit beyond as well.  We've got a balance due to a TA in September (I think PandO's date is early October), and another balance due to PandO directly in September.

As much as I love to think that cruises will restart as per the current plan, things are so dynamic at the moment.  We're all having to be flexible/patient with things like refunds, so equally PandO should allow pax to pay balances later, especially as a lot of people need to know what procedures they can expect to experience/endure whilst on board.

Maybe a beneficial move for P&O if it is true (which to me seems unlikely) because if the cruise has to be cancelled, the 125% fcc option will be based on the deposit paid rather than the full cost. Should save them a tidy sum. Smaller amounts to refund as well.

But if you dont pay till 1 month before there is more chance that they know if it will sail or not.

Also they could say if you pay by these terms the 125% FCC does not apply if cancelled just a standard full refund, not difficult.

The 125% is a con anyway because they just raise prices accordingly so you dont benefit at all unless you can use it on new brochure cruises when they first release and are typically cheapest.

Edited by Chrisdriving

Why haven't you replied Bob??

He's very reliable, it's  unlike him.

I've been  wondering if he's been in touch with P&O and has been offered this deal but has to keep it confidential, the same as some deals were done during the refund fiasco. It just  seems odd that it's not being offered for earlier cruises either.

Avril 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I've been  wondering if he's been in touch with P&O and has been offered this deal but has to keep it confidential, the same as some deals were done during the refund fiasco. It just  seems odd that it's not being offered for earlier cruises either.

Avril 

It’s a bit late for him to be worrying about confidentiality now 

• Like 1

I have sent P and o a direct message via social media to say I have heard about someone having their balance deferred and does it apply to all cruises october/november sailings so will post if I hear something back from them

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, ann141 said:

I have sent P and o a direct message via social media to say I have heard about someone having their balance deferred and does it apply to all cruises october/november sailings so will post if I hear something back from them

I've asked a similar question as part of another query regarding invoices and amended balance.  Will post the outcome (if I get one!).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Great news bob. We'd decided to let August 8th  pass and not pay the balance. Do we have to  contact P&O or will the balance date be automatically moved for us?

Avril 

Hi Avril

I rang yesterday, because I wasn't willing to pay in August. I did record our conversation, and told them I was recording it. On their phone message it's saying they are letting you pay later. Try the free phone number and listen to the recording.

If I was you I would give them a ring, early morning seems to be the best to get hold of them.

Both take care

Bob

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril 

HaHa Avril

I am sorry for the late reply, I love to read what you are all doing, but not great at writing in.

Both Take Care

Bob

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Manx buoy said:

It’s a bit late for him to be worrying about confidentiality now 

Never mind cruising, I am looking forward to going to the Isle of Man. Just waiting to see when it's possible to cross, until then it looks like Devon.

But yes P and O did tell me that yesterday, and I made sure I recorded it. Which I seem to do with lot's of things just lately.

Kind Regards

Bob

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, bobupandown said:

Hi Avril

I rang yesterday, because I wasn't willing to pay in August. I did record our conversation, and told them I was recording it. On their phone message it's saying they are letting you pay later. Try the free phone number and listen to the recording.

If I was you I would give them a ring, early morning seems to be the best to get hold of them.

Both take care

Bob

Thanks Bob. I'll give them a ring first thing. No idea how to record the conversation though 😯.  We really are still holding out for Arcadia and if they'll let us pay the balance at a later date we'll be able to see how things progress with Covid and cruising. Thanks again for the heads up and we hope to see you both in November 😆

Avril 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Thanks Bob. I'll give them a ring first thing. No idea how to record the conversation though 😯.  We really are still holding out for Arcadia and if they'll let us pay the balance at a later date we'll be able to see how things progress with Covid and cruising. Thanks again for the heads up and we hope to see you both in November 😆

Avril 

If the cruises go ahead we will wave to you as we disembark Arcadia on 6th November 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bobupandown said:

Never mind cruising, I am looking forward to going to the Isle of Man. Just waiting to see when it's possible to cross, until then it looks like Devon.

But yes P and O did tell me that yesterday, and I made sure I recorded it. Which I seem to do with lot's of things just lately.

Kind Regards

Bob

It’ll be a long time yet the way things are shaping with you guys can’t take the chance of letting it back over here after 7 weeks clear. I think the first lifting of the border control will be to let residents across to UK but they will have to self isolate for 14 days when they return here them there were a few more steps after that before fully opening

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Manx buoy said:

It’ll be a long time yet the way things are shaping with you guys can’t take the chance of letting it back over here after 7 weeks clear. I think the first lifting of the border control will be to let residents across to UK but they will have to self isolate for 14 days when they return here them there were a few more steps after that before fully opening

That's what I thought, I keep looking. You live in a beautiful place, enjoyed all our holiday's there.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril 

Hi Avril

I put a recorder app on my mobile.

Looking forward to seeing you both, I really hope they decide to sail.

Bob 

I spoke to them today, the lady i dealt with had no information to suggest this is correct, standard terms and conditions apply.

I have emailed also to follow this up in case its a policy they do not want to advertise too much and is based on how hard you push them.

Edited by Chrisdriving