2021-2022 Caribbean & Panama Canal Deployment Release

snoozecrooze

Based on this information  it appears that there will be no Caribbean  Cruise in January  & February  2021 . We booked  a  Circle Caribbean   Cruise  for January  2021 but not have received  word from Princess that it has been canceled . With no proven vaccines and a yet to be announced  New Cruising Norm , we are going to cancel . Thankful  that we were able to take as many cruises as we have done.

1 hour ago, JEH said:

Based on this information  it appears that there will be no Caribbean  Cruise in January  & February  2021 . We booked  a  Circle Caribbean   Cruise  for January  2021 but not have received  word from Princess that it has been canceled . With no proven vaccines and a yet to be announced  New Cruising Norm , we are going to cancel . Thankful  that we were able to take as many cruises as we have done.

Yes, we are booked for 15 days on Coral for Oct 31, 2020.  We may cancel as well.  

On 7/8/2020 at 1:07 PM, snoozecrooze said:

I think it's about 2 weeks from now? Hoping someone else can get back to you with a more for sure date.

I read on a thread yesterday that it's 7/22 when they release them for booking.

5 hours ago, JEH said:

This announcement was for NEW itineraries for Fall 2021 to Spring 2022.  It has no impact on previously announced sailings.  The Fall 2020 to Spring 2021 Caribbean sailings have been available for well over a year and are viewable/bookable on Princess website.

Thanks for the info.  It is disappointing to see no Circle Caribbean for January 2022 as that is the itinerary we are booked on for January 2021.  If we need to cancel in 2021 there is no itinerary that interests me for 2022 as we have done all the others.  I picked the Circle Caribbean for St. Vincent as that is the one port we have not visited.  I could possible do the 2/27/22 but it would be during my mother's 98th birthday.

Oh, WOW, and double WOW!  I was browsing all cruise lines to see if I could hook up some kind of b2b with our RCCL cruise in 11/2021.  We're OK with changing ships, because the one before our RCCL cruise is the ship's TA from Europe, and we don't want to do that.

I saw from this thread that Princess is releasing these itineraries, and I found a Caribbean Princess 8 night cruise that arrives in Fort Lauderdale the day our RCCL cruise leaves.  Perfect.

What's wowing me is the price, which includes a refundable deposit and the Princess Plus package, plus 1 night specialty dining.  The value of those perks, many of which we would have purchased anyway, is over $1,500.  The total price for the cruise is $2,300.  Do the math. 

I called my Big Box TA because I had to book directly with Princess online since BB didn't have the itinerary in their data base yet.  He was blown away by the pricing and perks, too.  He told me to pay the deposit now to get it out of the courtesy hold status, and to preserve the cabin selection, and call them tomorrow to transfer it.  That means an additional $140 shopping card.

Dancing Snoopy.gif

• Like 1

4 hours ago, pcur said:

Oh, WOW, and double WOW!  I was browsing all cruise lines to see if I could hook up some kind of b2b with our RCCL cruise in 11/2021.  We're OK with changing ships, because the one before our RCCL cruise is the ship's TA from Europe, and we don't want to do that.

I saw from this thread that Princess is releasing these itineraries, and I found a Caribbean Princess 8 night cruise that arrives in Fort Lauderdale the day our RCCL cruise leaves.  Perfect.

What's wowing me is the price, which includes a refundable deposit and the Princess Plus package, plus 1 night specialty dining.  The value of those perks, many of which we would have purchased anyway, is over $1,500.  The total price for the cruise is $2,300.  Do the math. 

I called my Big Box TA because I had to book directly with Princess online since BB didn't have the itinerary in their data base yet.  He was blown away by the pricing and perks, too.  He told me to pay the deposit now to get it out of the courtesy hold status, and to preserve the cabin selection, and call them tomorrow to transfer it.  That means an additional $140 shopping card.

Dancing Snoopy.gif

And with Royal Caribbean’s prices you can EASILY pay $2300 for a 7 day cruise with ZERO perks and be required to put down a non-refundable deposit!

28 minutes ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

And with Royal Caribbean’s prices you can EASILY pay $2300 for a 7 day cruise with ZERO perks and be required to put down a non-refundable deposit!

That went through my mind, too. 

The BB TA was laughing at me, because I told him I calculated it 3 times thinking I was fat-fingering the calculator, because I didn't believe it.

I was booking for a family celebration cruise for 8 cabins for Dec 2021.  I looked at RC as it would have more for the younger ones but there are no perks except for a small OBC.  Princess was offering for us beverage, tips, and WiFi so it was a no brainer to pick Princess.

Agreed, The prices for the Caribbean itineraries are very attractive.  Prices had been trending upwards and I had assumed that I would look at the Nov 2021 and later itineraries and be unimpressive by the price - but it was the exact opposite.  Am now booked for November and at a cheaper rate than my Jan 2020 Caribbean cruise (still hoping this one will be a "go"), which I thought was a good deal.

Don

1 hour ago, SouthAltaCruisingFamily said:

What am I missing?

Emerald Princess has done full transit of the new locks in the past.

When looking online there is really no itinerary for the Emerald showing for Fall 2021 and Winter 2022.  Am I that blonde or have they not released these dates yet?

https://www.princess.com/cruise-search/results?trade=T&subTrade=TO

Emerald is listed for Ocean-to-Ocean Panama cruises.

1 hour ago, SouthAltaCruisingFamily said:

When looking online there is really no itinerary for the Emerald showing for Fall 2021 and Winter 2022.  Am I that blonde or have they not released these dates yet?

Nope, not blond; you're right. Emerald is one of the ships they've yet to release plans for, for the particular time frame you're mentioning. I think they have tentatively decided to place it in SE Asia (like Singapore, where they usually have a ship in the winter) or Australia/New Zealand, but given the unpredictable nature of deployments as of recent, they're probably holding off on that thought and might keep it in North America. We'll see what happens; rumors are that the next and last deployments (the aforementioned destinations) should be tentatively released in August. 

On Feb 26 I booked the Panama Canel with new locks on Crown  Dec 29, 2020 just before everything went crazy!!!  I see on this post it is still listed.  But I will not be holding my breath that it actually will sail.  Will be shocked if it does...but I will have my mask on and will go. 👍😁

I don't have one booked for this year, but I am curious if any of the Christmas/New Year cruises sail.  I wouldn't bet on it, but I am hopeful for those that are ready to sail.  

2 hours ago, SouthAltaCruisingFamily said:

What am I missing?

Emerald Princess has done full transit of the new locks in the past.

Emerald Princess is NOT sailing to the Caribbean or Panama Canal for fall 2021 - Spring 2022. 

There will only be 6 Full transits for the Fall 2021 to Spring 2022 season - 2 on Island using the Historic Locks (at beginning/end of 2022 World Cruise) and 4 on Crown and Ruby (sisters to Emerald) doing the New Locks.  The Crown will also do 11 Partial Transits (new locks) round trip Ft. Laudardale.  This is a reduction in full transits as compared to past seasons.

image.png.8e921c8e5607cd78d00c38f774f9f1fe.png

SE Asia and Australia/New Zealand have not yet been announced for Fall 2021-Spring 2022 and 6 ships are currently unaccounted for in any of the existing deployment announcements - Royal, Regal, Emerald, Coral, Sun and Sea.  While I doubt they will devote 6 ships to the region, I think that Royal, Regal, Emerald and Coral WILL sail in SE Asia and/or Australia/NZ.  I still think Sun/Sea will be leaving the fleet.

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72

Thanks for the tip about 2022 cruises opening yesterday.  We are booked for Panama trip in 3-2021 with friends and will probably cancel.  I don’t see the trip happening (at least the way I would want to cruise...sans masks), so we decided to push it back a year. I was able to book same itinerary a year later and although we will lose the onboard credit we had, we were able to secure aft staterooms C752 and C753 on Crown.  From what I quickly read on boards ( I was in a hurry to place curtesy hold and call friends to do same) these are “coveted” rooms. Yay for me...a small consolation for having a cruise cancelled this past March and skipping the 2021 year altogether!  Stay safe everyone and thanks again for the tip!

Diane

• Like 1