Change of ship

1 hour ago, crows nest club said:

Glad to say that TA today managed to get iour suite changed from s forward premium suite to a mid/aft  Penthouse suite on Riviera Deck. Gone from S7 grade on Grand to a S4 grade on Regal. No S7 grades on Regal. No complaints.

That's great. I'm happy for you.

1 hour ago, crows nest club said:

Glad to say that TA today managed to get iour suite changed from s forward premium suite to a mid/aft  Penthouse suite on Riviera Deck. Gone from S7 grade on Grand to a S4 grade on Regal. No S7 grades on Regal. No complaints.

I am so glad this will work out for you.  I had considered making the same request to my TA.  I wasn't sure which was better...way forward on a lower deck or way up mid-aft.  I am fortunate to have been assigned a suite on Caribe deck.  Decided to keep this one.

11 hours ago, Grego said:

Thanks for posting this.  We have been on the Grand class ships 25 times and the Royal class 16 times out of the 45 voyages with Princess and we love them both.  There are certainly pluses with both classes, but we look to the positives about being at sea and enjoying what we have rather than looking at the negatives.  It's all about the experience which makes being aboard the R-Class ships like the Tahitian and Pacific Princess so extra special.  To say that the Royal class ships are too big haven't done the math comparing that to the later version Grand and Sun class ships.

You are also correct about the phasing out the Grand class ships for more cost effective LNG powered ships that aren't that much bigger and better for the environment.

Grand class ships = (2600 passengers) (Grand, Golden/Star,)

Modified Grand class ships = Rivera deck added to Crown, Ruby, Emerald, Caribbean ( 3082 passengers)

Royal class ships = Rivera deck and Marina deck added to original Grand class ships (3560 passengers)

https://www.princess.com/news/backgrounders_and_fact_sheets/factsheet/Princess-Cruises-Fleet-Overview.html

You are correct, it's the cruising that is the enjoyment of being at sea.  Looking forward to the resumption of cruising.

8 hours ago, bourdon said:

Same here.  I had booked an aft cabin on the Grand as we like the wake views and unobstructed view.  We are moved to a midships location on a different deck.  Not at all happy and told it can't be changed when I phoned

my ta is working on getting my cabin back, not holding my breath. I feel bad for ta’s with so much change. 

2 hours ago, crows nest club said:

Did you have to pay extra from going to a "free" S5 suite to a S4?

Pooh

Posted in the other thread too - but we got moved from an S1 on grand to an S5 (!) on the Regal. I think they're getting me to cancel on purpose.  Lol.  Love to hear from the other people in the S1 where they wound up.

11 hours ago, PoohUnderstands said:

Did you have to pay extra from going to a "free" S5 suite to a S4?

Pooh

No. No extra charge.  Apparently one on health and safety grounds. With husband's mobility issues, due to the extra movement forward and distance from major venues. Also our original window suite was chosen because if it's More mid ships location. 

11 hours ago, PoohUnderstands said:

Edited by crows nest club

2 hours ago, Colorado Coasty said:

This morning the fare for our cruise is back to that of the original Grand booking and all onboard credits have been restored. Good job Princess.

That's a relief for you. I think it was just one of Princess's "compuuter quirks" or that is what they usually say 🤣🤣.

Still all sorted now 

I must admit the first thing I knew about this was when I had a series of emails hit my inbox just yesterday..... We are on an August cruise, so I suspect they are notifying and changing bookings in order.

My first reaction, to be honest, was Fantastic!  I love the Regal!  so I'm not at all upset by the change.  We've been on the Sapphire and the Diamond before so would have been happy on the Grand.  But of all the ships we've been on, on any cruise line, the Regal is my favourite.

I'm just trusting that we'll be given three cabins next to each other as that's what I'd originally booked, but on three separate bookings (going with grown up family so its on separate bookings...).  But I'll worry about that another time, if I need to. 

Just received this Princess

Princess Cruises®
en_spacer.gif
IMPORTANT UPDATE FOR YOUR CRUISE

Dear Princess Guest:

As you are aware, your voyage that was previously scheduled to sail on Grand Princess will now take place on Regal Princess. We are currently in the process of moving your reservation, however, this is taking longer than projected due to system limitations. We appreciate your patience as we work through this process.

At this time, we anticipate it may take several days for your information to completely transfer over. During the booking transition process you may notice differences between your old and new booking, including pricing, stateroom location, and missing items, but please be assured that is being corrected. Some guests may have already received new booking confirmations with incorrect information, which can be disregarded. Please know that we are working diligently to make sure your information is updated as quickly as possible.

We ask that you please wait until you receive a final updated booking confirmation from us before calling about any booking issues. We anticipate you will receive an updated booking confirmation within the next week.

We thank you again for your patience and look forward to welcoming you onboard.

Sincerely,

Princess Cruises

Notice: This is an automated email; please do not reply as this mailbox is not monitored.

Privacy Statement

PC0151RE

8 hours ago, busymumofthree said:

I'm just trusting that we'll be given three cabins next to each other as that's what I'd originally booked, but on three separate bookings (going with grown up family so its on separate bookings...).  But I'll worry about that another time, if I need to. 

Too trusting.  Contact Princess or your TA. Others have advised that linked bookings have bee seperated. Better to do it now as cruuse will fill up and youll be too late.

• Like 1

On 7/24/2020 at 7:23 AM, busymumofthree said:

I must admit the first thing I knew about this was when I had a series of emails hit my inbox just yesterday..... We are on an August cruise, so I suspect they are notifying and changing bookings in order.

My first reaction, to be honest, was Fantastic!  I love the Regal!  so I'm not at all upset by the change.  We've been on the Sapphire and the Diamond before so would have been happy on the Grand.  But of all the ships we've been on, on any cruise line, the Regal is my favourite.

When have we ever been able to trust cruise companies to ever do anything that was in OUR interests?  Even less of a probability of that happening now.  You need to be proactive.

DON

Thanks for your thoughts, guys - I'll give them a call when offices are open tomorrow and see where I get to....

I will say though, that our experience of getting monies returned from our cancelled cruise this year was just fine - that was with Celebrity - so I've got no personal reason to be pessimistic....

Will let you know how I get on!