Change of ship

On 7/10/2020 at 8:00 AM, Colorado Coasty said:

Thank you, my point exactly. No S7 on Regal but there are S5 suites. These are called Premium Suites and are located on the forward corners. As these are the lowest cat suites on Regal, it is a good bet that those who were in window suites on Grand will be assigned to these.

I like your thinking and hope you are correct!!! I have a S7 guarantee so will be interesting.  Supposed to hear by the 28th of July which is near my birthday, so maybe I will get a nice present from Princess!

Pooh

• Like 1

On 7/10/2020 at 12:38 PM, phabric said:

I used a FCD for my Grand cruise.  The OBC for an Oceanview is $25 for a 7 day cruise.

Since the Regal does not have oceanview, they will move us to a balcony which has a $50 OBC for a FCD.

I know if you take an upgrade, you do not get the higher FCD OBC.

Will they give us $25 or $50, anybody know?

Nope, but as soon as you get your new booking number, just go into your personalizer and look at your travel summary.  It will show you there.

Pooh

I’m sorry you’re disappointed. IMO, you just got a huge upgrade. I agree that the Promenade deck is a special part of a ship and shouldn’t have been removed from the experience on the Royal class ships, but you may still walk away sold on the Regal. The dining itself makes it a huge upgrade. Plus, I’d be curious how they move people to new staterooms; you could end up with an upgrade! If it’s an absolute no to you, at least it’s early enough for you to easily cancel. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Colorado Coasty said:

My personalized just changed to Regal. It says we are in an S5 to be assigned. We were in a window suite on Grand. This is what I expected.

Same here  Although this would prove impossible for TH as they are d orward suites and he couldn't do the loong walk to all venues. Our Window Suite was mid ships on Grand and this is why it was booked as position of cabin is paramount. 

39 minutes ago, crows nest club said:

Same here  Although this would prove impossible for DH as they are forward suites and he couldn't do the loong walk to all venues. Our Window Suite was mid ships on Grand and this is why it was booked as position of cabin is paramount. 

Edited by crows nest club
Correctin of typos in my previous post

Me Too!  Booked the S7 Window Suite and now have S5 to be assigned.  This is our first time booking a suite and I am super excited about the upgrade!!  I looked at all of the S5's on the Regal and think I will be happy with any of them.

1 minute ago, wookie78 said:

Me Too!  Booked the S7 Window Suite and now have S5 to be assigned.  This is our first time booking a suite and I am super excited about the upgrade!!  I looked at all of the S5's on the Regal and think I will be happy with any of them.

Normally we would be happy too but as they are the farthest forward suites, we would find it too difficult to cope with the long walk, bearing in mind that Windiw Suites were almost mid ship and near most amenities. 

4 minutes ago, crows nest club said:

Normally we would be happy too but as they are the farthest forward suites, we would find it too difficult to cope with the long walk, bearing in mind that Windiw Suites were almost mid ship and near most amenities. 

I think there are some S5s on Riveria Deck that are in the middle.

Just now, crows nest club said:

The only S5  suites on Regal are the Forward suites.  The middl/aft suites on Riviera d3meck are S4 suites.

what did Princess or your TA state when you contacted them ?

Our cabin allocation is now showing as confirmed.  Not too happy as been allocated s forward suite  - see previous post as to how this would create a mobility problem for DH.  

E mailed TA to try and get location changed.

Edited by crows nest club

I had Premium Oceanview (O3) on the Grand in the same cabin for both cabins with my sister In the same cabin next to me.

On the Regal, they gave us a BE - 

my cabin - cruise 1- C215     my sister - A120

- cruise 2- A120                     - C215

I just talked to my agent, they have not been informed yet

Got my new booking and want to give all my other 6 WS people a heads up and ask what they see on their personalizers.

Initially got an S5 guarantee this afternoon for my WS room on the Grand.  About 2 hours later got my room assignment (B102).  Now that is fine.  The two things that are not are:  1- computer(I say this as probably just done by a computer and not a person)has charged me the price for an actual S5 suite and not my "protected" fare.  I can see why as technically it is an upgrade from an S7 to an S5 room which is not price protected.  But of course as we all know, there are no S7's on Regal so not our fault.

I called Princess and was told to hold on for a few days as the price is protected and would have to be "manipulated manually" to readjust pricing.  So will wait and see.  Is anyone's fares still at their original lower fare?

Then secondly, I went into the payment part of my personalizer and was told I needed to pay an additional deposit in the $1200 area by July 24th or my booking would be cancelled !!!!!!!!!!!!!  Interesting, huh?  So am going to give Princess until Friday am, to see if they fixed everything.  If not, I will be spending some time with customer relations!!!!!!

Are we having fun yet?  Oh, still waiting on my deposits to be refunded for Sept. cruises this year.  Told in queue and shows for reimbursement and not FCC which is correct.  So will be patient a little while longer.  But if don't have by end of August, will be calling my CC card company.  I cancelled these cruises back in April.

Pooh

11 minutes ago, PoohUnderstands said:

Got my new booking and want to give all my other 6 WS people a heads up and ask what they see on their personalizers.

Initially got an S5 guarantee this afternoon for my WS room on the Grand.  About 2 hours later got my room assignment (B102).  Now that is fine.  The two things that are not are:  1- computer(I say this as probably just done by a computer and not a person)has charged me the price for an actual S5 suite and not my "protected" fare.  I can see why as technically it is an upgrade from an S7 to an S5 room which is not price protected.  But of course as we all know, there are no S7's on Regal so not our fault.

I called Princess and was told to hold on for a few days as the price is protected and would have to be "manipulated manually" to readjust pricing.  So will wait and see.  Is anyone's fares still at their original lower fare?

Then secondly, I went into the payment part of my personalizer and was told I needed to pay an additional deposit in the $1200 area by July 24th or my booking would be cancelled !!!!!!!!!!!!!  Interesting, huh?  So am going to give Princess until Friday am, to see if they fixed everything.  If not, I will be spending some time with customer relations!!!!!!

Are we having fun yet?  Oh, still waiting on my deposits to be refunded for Sept. cruises this year.  Told in queue and shows for reimbursement and not FCC which is correct.  So will be patient a little while longer.  But if don't have by end of August, will be calling my CC card company.  I cancelled these cruises back in April.

Pooh

We were given A102 along with a $5000 upcharge. Will give them a few days to get it straightened out.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, PoohUnderstands said:

Pooh

Thanks Pooh for thinking about your Window Suite neighbors.  I just checked my personalizer.  Assigned C101.  It's better than way up/but not crazy about way forward.  I didn't see anywhere that I was going to be charged an upset.  I didn't see anywhere that they had my FCD on file.  

I've already spent many hours with Princess on another issue (transferring another booking to TA).  That was a nightmare, but super agent that stayed with me for the entire 2 hours.  I will let my TA work out the bugs to this problem.

So, if any Regal people are following this thread, would you please answer these questions:

Where is the concierge's lounge?

How rough are the seas Southampton, Norway, Iceland?  Being so forward on the ship. 

How bad is the elevator situation since I won't be able to do that many flights of stairs?

Thanks in advance. 

29 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Where is the concierge's lounge?

How rough are the seas Southampton, Norway, Iceland?  Being so forward on the ship. 

How bad is the elevator situation since I won't be able to do that many flights of stairs?

1. The Concierge Lounge is located in the mid-aft/aft section of Deck 14 Riviera (near R600s). It will unfortunately be a pretty long walk from C101. 

2. Seas from Southampton have been pretty nice in my experience, but may be rougher if you head up further north like your itinerary is. The Royal-class ships are pretty stable, but movement can be felt slightly more at the ends (aft/forward), so bring any motion sickness remedies if any movement can be irritable. I would make sure to use the handrails where possible if necessary. Some decks also have a slight slope/bump by the 100s on the floor, so look out for those (can't remember if all do or which specifically do). Hopefully others can chime in with their experiences as well.

3. For the amount of extra people onboard, there are no more elevators on Regal than on Grand (same amount of elevators [4/bank] and same amount of banks [3]). And though they may look and feel more modern, they don't really move that much faster, if at all, so be very patient with them, especially during high-traffic moments.

I’m very disappointed with my cabin assignment. I chose d726, an aft suite( my favorite) over 6 months ago. I am now on the riviera deck across from the concierge lounge . With the Regal having very few outside viewing areas , I chose an aft. My TA will try to get me back to D726. This is a deal breaker for me. 

• Like 1

On 7/8/2020 at 4:02 PM, LACruiser88 said:

Having been on both ships numerous times, we feel the Regal is hands down the better option.  No promenade deck to speak of, but it makes up for that with so many other options.  It is larger, but it does not feel like it.  Give it a chance, you just might like it.  And as some others have mentioned, it looks like the Grand Class of ships will soon be no more...

Thanks for posting this.  We have been on the Grand class ships 25 times and the Royal class 16 times out of the 45 voyages with Princess and we love them both.  There are certainly pluses with both classes, but we look to the positives about being at sea and enjoying what we have rather than looking at the negatives.  It's all about the experience which makes being aboard the R-Class ships like the Tahitian and Pacific Princess so extra special.  To say that the Royal class ships are too big haven't done the math comparing that to the later version Grand and Sun class ships.

You are also correct about the phasing out the Grand class ships for more cost effective LNG powered ships that aren't that much bigger and better for the environment.

14 hours ago, vino100 said:

I’m very disappointed with my cabin assignment. I chose d726, an aft suite( my favorite) over 6 months ago. I am now on the riviera deck across from the concierge lounge . With the Regal having very few outside viewing areas , I chose an aft. My TA will try to get me back to D726. This is a deal breaker for me. 

Same here.  I had booked an aft cabin on the Grand as we like the wake views and unobstructed view.  We are moved to a midships location on a different deck.  Not at all happy and told it can't be changed when I phoned

On 7/21/2020 at 5:34 PM, phabric said:

I had Premium Oceanview (O3) on the Grand in the same cabin for both cabins with my sister In the same cabin next to me.

On the Regal, they gave us a BE - 

my cabin - cruise 1- C215     my sister - A120

- cruise 2- A120                     - C215

I just talked to my agent, they have not been informed yet

My agent was able to get these cabins changed to aft cabins in the same cabin for both cruises.

23 hours ago, crows nest club said:

Got our cabin  Window suite to S5 A101.  Impossible for us as DH has mobility problems as wlll not be able to do the loong walk to elevators and all amenities. That is why we originally booked a Window Suite more mid ship . Not too pleased.

Glad to say that TA today managed to get iour suite changed from s forward premium suite to a mid/aft  Penthouse suite on Riviera Deck. Gone from S7 grade on Grand to a S4 grade on Regal. No S7 grades on Regal. No complaints.