The Bistro- Off topic and fun posts!

Host Dan

"I hear that train a-comin'"

In our case, it's tomorrow's 9:50 Acela to the City-That-Never-Sleeps(TM).  Quick hit: up on Friday, back on Sunday. A little dining, a little theater, a little more dining then back on the choo-choo.

"Casey Jones you better watch your speed"

• Like 5

2 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Today's sunrise is today.  It was taken in the parking lot of the Middle School across the street from my development as the sun starts to emerge through the trees:

hcms0923.JPG.10c9dbe7297ed9384d15b1bb56437c74.JPG

Roy

Today has to be the most beautiful day we've had since Spring.  Supurb choice.

Vince

• Like 5

On 9/23/2022 at 2:52 PM, BWIVince said:

Today has to be the most beautiful day we've had since Spring.  Supurb choice.

Vince

My gosh yes.  Our Uber ride to Union Station that morning, the city was breathtakingly beautiful.  And we popped out in NYC to a cool, crisp perfect fall day.  Highlights to follow. 

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Texas Tillie said:

Checking on all the Florida peeps. Hoping everyone has as little damage and disruption as possible from Ian. Please let us hear from you and how you are doing.😍

Patty

I've been trying to think of Crystal people in Florida and coming up empty.  The one person who came to my mind is a great lady from my early days with Crystal that I never met.  May @Judith02 rest in peace.

Roy

• Like 6

44 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

I've been trying to think of Crystal people in Florida and coming up empty.  The one person who came to my mind is a great lady from my early days with Crystal that I never met.  May @Judith02 rest in peace.

Roy

There's Muriel (May B) and Ricki that I can think of immediately who are on the west coast of Florida. There are others on the east coast who aren't in as much danger.

Patty

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 6/17/2022 at 7:43 AM, BEAV said:

A fellow Crystal Society wino friend gave me a tip a few years ago to bargain hunt for wine at Grocery Outlet. Sometimes you can find a good bargain, but often hit and miss.

Imagine my surprise yesterday when when I saw Crystal’s C Reserve 2018 Cabernet on the shelf for $6.99 a bottle! I bought a case. Then tipped off my Crystal Society friend who bought the rest of that location’s stock...2 1/2 cases!

Told my wino cousin in Southern California. She and hubby went to their Grocery Outlet and snagged two cases! 

Happy shopping, fellow Crystal Society winos! 😉🍷

Liquidation knows no boundaries! 

C52AC4F8-5085-41F3-A4E0-C9420770BA02.jpeg

3DED899C-F05D-4F0F-AB54-66AEBA885201.jpeg

1F4589E0-7D2F-4F68-91A1-9887F35948A9.jpeg

I’m happy to report the Crystal “C” Reserve wines are still available at Grocery Outlet locations throughout California (and at least Reno, Nevada). This past week family members and I had another fun buying spree at the Napa location! 2018 Cabernet & Merlot $6.99. Pinot Noir and Chardonnay $5.99. 🍷🍷🍷🍷

4B2BBEB5-76B3-4B56-B691-1D75DA7EFA38.jpeg

• Like 8

I may have said this before, but I'm running out of material:

I'll admit it: even before the Great Shutdown(tm) I loved cruise ship/line TV shows.  Their cheesy predictability is somehow comforting.  I guess it's my version of Real Housewives.  Anyway,  now that I've been exploring them on the internet, oh my goodness.  Some of these are a grilled triple cheese sandwich wrapped in an exterior of cheese.  Shoot this directly into my veins. 

• Haha 1