Ship change Grand to Regal cabin allocations..

Bizziecruzer

10 minutes ago, sewgood said:

I'll post when I get my new cabin. I presently have an obstructed view booked.

I'm interested to hear what other cabins passengers get allocated.

Thanks. We too have on OV booked. I'm guessing we will get an OV balcony.

11 minutes ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

There is a large thread on this topic:

Yes I have seen that thread, however this one us more specific on what Cabins people have been allocated.

2 minutes ago, Bizziecruzer said:

Thanks. We too have on OV booked. I'm guessing we will get an OV balcony.

We booked the first day the cruise came out so we would get the lest obstructed view that we could.

I like you are very interested to get our new room allocation.

5 minutes ago, Glenndale said:

We booked an S7 and have been allocated A101

Have you checked your travel summary yet for the final pricing?  I too am in the same boat as you and got assigned B102, but was charged over $8000pp!!!!!!!!!  Also saying that we owe an additional amount of money for a deposit or our cruise by July 24th or our cruise will be cancelled!  You?

Pooh

2 hours ago, wookie78 said:

We booked the S7 Window Suite on the Grand May 4,2021 and now we have S5 premium suite on the Regal, cabin to be assigned later!  Super Excited!

Check again.  I too had S5 guarantee and then about 2 hours later got the exact room number on my personalizer summary and travel summary.  Also see above.  Check your pricing and if you supposedly owe a deposit shortly or will be cancelled!

Pooh

2 hours ago, trvlwrld said:

My account says I owe a deposit by Friday...Grand deposit has just disappeared...no cabin assignment just says guaranteed

Mine too!  My initial deposit paid for the Grand is still showing, but says I owe $1200 more by July 24th or will be cancelled!

Yikes.

Pooh

6 minutes ago, PoohUnderstands said:

Have you checked your travel summary yet for the final pricing?  I too am in the same boat as you and got assigned B102, but was charged over $8000pp!!!!!!!!!  Also saying that we owe an additional amount of money for a deposit or our cruise by July 24th or our cruise will be cancelled!  You?

Pooh

Haven’t received anything from Princess or TA yet, just thought I’d log into my account to see if anything had been allocated.

Original email from Princess said price would remain the same.

10 minutes ago, PoohUnderstands said:

Mine too!  My initial deposit paid for the Grand is still showing, but says I owe $1200 more by July 24th or will be cancelled!

Yikes.

Pooh

previous threads have stated this is only a timing error ... due to the change of ships and / or itineraries ... 

call Princess or your TA before sending ANY more money

43 minutes ago, Glenndale said:

Haven’t received anything from Princess or TA yet, just thought I’d log into my account to see if anything had been allocated.

Original email from Princess said price would remain the same.

Timing here is involved.  Around 1pm or so got on my personalizer and saw change in booking number and got the S5 guarantee.  By a couple hrs. later, got a specific room with wrong pricing.  At 4:33pm got an email from Princess (first) stating new booking number AND correct pricing is back in place.  HOWEVER it is now stating that I owe $112 more in deposit in order not to be cancelled by the 24th!  So just be very diligent this week about your booking, especially if a TA is involved.

Pooh

47 minutes ago, PoohUnderstands said:

Timing here is involved.  Around 1pm or so got on my personalizer and saw change in booking number and got the S5 guarantee.  By a couple hrs. later, got a specific room with wrong pricing.  At 4:33pm got an email from Princess (first) stating new booking number AND correct pricing is back in place.  HOWEVER it is now stating that I owe $112 more in deposit in order not to be cancelled by the 24th!  So just be very diligent this week about your booking, especially if a TA is involved.

Pooh

Called Princess to find out about this and I guess they are doing corrections in bits and pieces and stages and not per booking per se.  Anyway, I was told positively that I would not have to pay any more deposit than I already have paid and that my booking will not be cancelled in any way.  Saying that this too will be corrected in a short time.  So we WS people have really lucked out, in that When I booked, my WS price was a certain amount that by April of this year was LESS than a regular mid ship mini.  Now I have a suite at just above a premium balcony cabin.  Sweet.  Only drawback is the location, but I will take it and pray for no bad weather on our cruise!  Grin.

Pooh

I've had a win! I very rarely get these.

We have been changed from a obstructed view window to a deluxe obstructed view.

Same part of the ship, just a little back from midship.

Thats means I think we get a two seater lounge.

Very happy.

1 minute ago, sewgood said:

I've had a win! I very rarely get these.

We have been changed from a obstructed view window to a deluxe obstructed view.

Same part of the ship, just a little back from midship.

Thats means I think we get a two seater lounge.

Very happy.

So did we , original midship obstructed view, tow midship obstructed view deluxe balcony. Now just hope there's a vaccine and we can all sail.

1 minute ago, Bizziecruzer said:

So did we , original midship obstructed view, tow midship obstructed view deluxe balcony. Now just hope there's a vaccine and we can all sail.

Congratulations. It is lovely to get a good surprise.

I hope there is a vaccine too (looking good now) so that Australians are allowed out of the country.

I'd hate to miss this cruise now.

1 minute ago, sewgood said:

Congratulations. It is lovely to get a good surprise.

I hope there is a vaccine too (looking good now) so that Australians are allowed out of the country.

I'd hate to miss this cruise now.

Here's a link to a website to find the view you will have from your cabin. Ours is not too bad. 

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/ov.php?ship=Regal-Princess&cabins=E401-E445

5 minutes ago, Bizziecruzer said:

Here's a link to a website to find the view you will have from your cabin. Ours is not too bad. 

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/ov.php?ship=Regal-Princess&cabins=E401-E445

Thanks a lot for the link Bizziecruzer. We have cabin E510 so there is a little bit of obstruction I can see in the photo, but not too bad.

I'm still very happy as my husband likes to read his kindle on a chair in the room so this will be great for him. And we do have a balcony to step out onto.

We have the 24 day cruise booked in September/October. This gives me something to look forward to now.

Now we only need enough vacine doses available in Australia for everyone by then as I would be low down on the list for getting one.

17 hours ago, wookie78 said:

We booked the S7 Window Suite on the Grand May 4,2021 and now we have S5 premium suite on the Regal, cabin to be assigned later!  Super Excited!

Did the cruise price remain the same?  My cruise personalizer shows that the price went up and a deposit is due in 2 days

Booking Balance: $xxxx

Deposit due by Jul 24, 2020 or booking will be cancelled.

2 hours ago, oldjetdriver said:

Did the cruise price remain the same?  My cruise personalizer shows that the price went up and a deposit is due in 2 days

Booking Balance: $xxxx

Deposit due by Jul 24, 2020 or booking will be cancelled.

We booked thru a TA and they don't have anything new yet on pricing.  I assume since Princess said to wait until July 23rd that I will find out then.