No US Sailing Until at least Oct 1

1 hour ago, luv2kroooz said:

Don't let anyone stand in your way. Plan away!! Informed speculation and educated opinions can be valuable to other members, though. I don't believe your cruise has a chance of sailing, but you and Peaches certainly keep planning as if you are sailing in November.

What you 'believe' is still just your opinion be it 'educated' or 'informed speculation'.  Why do  you think you know more than anyone  else?  You are not going to change anyone's mind. Give it a rest.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Diver2014 said:

What you 'believe' is still just your opinion be it 'educated' or 'informed speculation'.  Why do  you think you know more than anyone  else? 

Nice. Flame me for stating my opinion. 

Then State an opinion of your own. Nice job.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, luv2kroooz said:

Nice. Flame me for stating my opinion. 

Then State an opinion of your own. Nice job.

Just gotta have the last word, eh?  Okay, you win.  I have nothing to say to you. Bye now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/16/2020 at 4:48 PM, JustAPilot said:

"CDC tells Florida to get their **** together" should be the headline. 

definitely need to get their "ship", (actually ships but), yes florida gets your ships ready, cause cruising is starting soon, So Florida USA here we come.  The CDC wants to ensure all protocols are followed before we can begin,  the CDC is eager to get this going and florida is the perfect place to start, most cruise ships anywhere.  

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Newleno said:

definitely need to get their "ship", (actually ships but), yes florida gets your ships ready, cause cruising is starting soon, So Florida USA here we come.  The CDC wants to ensure all protocols are followed before we can begin,  the CDC is eager to get this going and florida is the perfect place to start, most cruise ships anywhere.  

The CDC is eager to see Covid 19 subside in the US, seeing cruises sail I wouldn't think isn't or Shouldn't Be their priority .

Lets get a handle on the general population first. I want/ need a vacation also (cancelled April and October) however going to Florida as it is now isn't a wise choice.

Many are loosing sight of the fact that WHEN cruises begin from US , ANY cases of Covid 19 on board a ship will be magnified.

20 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

What I believe is irreverent and speculative... I don't have a cruise booked in 2020.  My point was that one person's speculation does not make it fact Even. If. They. Write. It. Like. This. 

Could that opinion turn out to be accurate?  Time will tell...Could you be right in your timeline?  Again, time will tell.  But if someone wants to think that their booked cruise has a chance of sailing in 2020, it hurts absolutely nobody!  Who am I or anybody else to dash their hopes?

Yup, I think everyone is getting tired of the negativity.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, travelhound said:

Glass 1/2 empty  or 1/2 full?

Is it negativity or being realistic?

It depends on one's perception, neither is right or wrong , so why do people complain about it. 

1 hour ago, travelhound said:

I haven't done it yet (mostly preferring to lurk in the background and just read everyone's opinions), but I've been tempted to place a bet with anyone who says things like "we won't have any cruising until 2022 at the earliest," etc.) Seriously, how can anyone make sweeping generalizations like that in the first place? People are certainly entitled to their opinions, but generally opinions based on actual fact are better than ones that are nothing but wild speculation. Anyway, I'd love to bet someone that there WILL be cruises in 2020 (spoiler alert: there already ARE, in Europe and Asia), and I'd bet $100 if I'm wrong, but if the other person (the naysayer) is wrong, he/she agrees to pay for my next cruise, in The Haven. I suspect no one would take the bet. Because for all of the negative opinions stated as if they were facts (statements like "no cruises in 2020, PERIOD!," as though using an exclamation point turns a mere opinion into a fact), those people, if they turned out to be wrong, would doubtless shrug their shoulders and say "oh well, I was wrong, who cares?" That is why I have ignored them, because they're not experts and they have nothing to back up their claims (otherwise they'd say so). Suppose someone is on the fence about a cruise in December and cancels after final payment based on the negative projections of someone on here, maybe forfeiting money in the process. Should that person get compensation from the negative posters in case the cruise goes ahead as scheduled but the passenger has already cancelled? IOW: consider what you're posting and what real-world effects your predictions might have. If you're stating an opinion, make that clear in your post. It isn't always obvious to others, even if it is to you. And that is MY opinion.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Lets just stick to reality.  Until there is improvement, cruising will never resume, correct?   Florida has not seen a day of under 10,000 Covid cases a day for weeks.  The Bahamas, Canada, EU, and Mexico have banned Americans.  Until this is under control its a waste of time to debate when cruising will resume.

In the pandemic of 1918, it actually started in 1917 but it was not until the second wave in the winter of 2018 that it hit its peak with cases and deaths.  The fall and winter is coming.  If history is our guide, we may not be cruising until Oct, 2021.  
Lets hope not but lets be real, every day looks worse and worse and that means the day cruising resumes is further away 😞

• Like 4

Lol, add the Bahamas to the insanely long list of countries that are now barring US citizens because of how much worse we are handling this than basically every other nation on the planet.  https://www.sun-sentinel.com/coronavirus/fl-ne-bahamas-close-borders-to-travelers-from-united-states-20200720-mdw4dm24e5gwhj4ck3hltnmtpu-story.html  Going to be hard to restart US cruising when there are no ports that will accept US passengers...

• Like 2

On 7/16/2020 at 10:27 PM, luv2kroooz said:

To suggest cruises will happen ignores the reality and danger of the situation. Your heart is trying to hold out for hope, but your mind knows the reality of the situation. No raining on parades, either....they've all been cancelled, too. ☹️

We have a cruise on the Jade for October 2020 for 18 days from Italy to NYC and we know it will be canceled, is just common sense considering Italy is not allowing Americans in LOL....

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, david_sobe said:

Lets just stick to reality.  Until there is improvement, cruising will never resume, correct?   Florida has not seen a day of under 10,000 Covid cases a day for weeks.  The Bahamas, Canada, EU, and Mexico have banned Americans.  Until this is under control its a waste of time to debate when cruising will resume.

In the pandemic of 1918, it actually started in 1917 but it was not until the second wave in the winter of 2018 that it hit its peak with cases and deaths.  The fall and winter is coming.  If history is our guide, we may not be cruising until Oct, 2021.  
Lets hope not but lets be real, every day looks worse and worse and that means the day cruising resumes is further away 😞

Mexico has not banned Americans, that is incorrect. The land border between the US and Mexico is closed but airlines are still flying there. Our friends just came back from Cancun and we are going there next month. Please consider updating your post to reflect the correct information. (you are correct about the other destinations)

• Like 1

On 7/19/2020 at 12:55 PM, Diver2014 said:

Thank you for saying that!  My thoughts exactly!  I'm STILL planning on my November cruise, regardless of what anyone says on these boards, which is all speculation and opinion. 

Have fun sitting at home. The CDC isn't going to let any ship sail out of the US that soon, and Europe isn't letting any Americans in so the question becomes where are you sailing from?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

Suppose someone is on the fence about a cruise in December and cancels after final payment based on the negative projections of someone on here, maybe forfeiting money in the process. Should that person get compensation from the negative posters in case the cruise goes ahead as scheduled but the passenger has already cancelled? IOW: consider what you're posting and what real-world effects your predictions might have. If you're stating an opinion, make that clear in your post. It isn't always obvious to others, even if it is to you. And that is MY opinion.

Anyone stupid enough to make a final payment on a December cruise and then later cancel it based on what they read on CC before the cruise line actually cancels that cruise deserves to take the loss.  And gets my thanks for helping to keep said cruise line solvent until cruising starts again, whenever that may be.  And that is MY opinion.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Fido Chuckwagon said:

Lol, add the Bahamas to the insanely long list of countries that are now barring US citizens because of how much worse we are handling this than basically every other nation on the planet.  https://www.sun-sentinel.com/coronavirus/fl-ne-bahamas-close-borders-to-travelers-from-united-states-20200720-mdw4dm24e5gwhj4ck3hltnmtpu-story.html  Going to be hard to restart US cruising when there are no ports that will accept US passengers...

yeah the anarchists messed this up bad, bottom line is we need to get cruising, i concur

4 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

Mexico has not banned Americans, that is incorrect. The land border between the US and Mexico is closed but airlines are still flying there. Our friends just came back from Cancun and we are going there next month. Please consider updating your post to reflect the correct information. (you are correct about the other destinations)

Its too late to change the post.  But I stand corrected.  If the border is closed, am I half right 🤨

On another note....Key West is looking to ban Cruise Ships

https://cruiseradio.net/key-west-looking-to-ban-large-cruise-ships/

• Like 1