15 Day shows no YC/ 7 & 8 day plenty YC available

phissy

Looking at Meraviglia , 15 day cruise.   Shows NO YC suites available.  

When I look at each of those weeks separately ,  one week and next week all show plenty of availability for YC Deluxe Suites. 

Seems the cruise fares are much higher total when added up for each week than what the cruise fare was for the 15 day sailing.  Just a money grab??

That seems to have been a quirk for quite a while.  When we booked Seaside last year (Bella), it was cheaper for us to do it as two 7-night cruises.  More paperwork for them all around, but we saved $$.  We were able to get the same cabin for both weeks.   We would have had to go through Immigration at mid-point either way, so no difference there.

I'm guessing that non-availability on the website is just due to the shuffle of suites between the two options (plus other combinations, including the week before and the week after).  No doubt you will be able to get what you want.  We booked ours through our TA, and everything was done very well.

• Like 1

have you checked for availability of specific cabins for the two 7-day cruises?  For availability to show for the 15 day cruise, the SAME cabin must be available for the two shorter cruises.  The "problem" is either that or just an IT problem on the website  A call to MSC or your TA should be able to get you an answer.

I'd chalk it up to quirks in their system.

I've seen same thing over time.

Oddly enough we booked two seven nights next year, shows online as two trips but same booking number as does invoice.  We did not pick the combined option

If you ring Customer Services don’t expect the truth.  MSC are the most untrustworthy cruiseline, they will offer you the world once they have your money they renegade on all promises. You have been warned, look at other cruises lines if you value your sanity.

8 hours ago, mickey89 said:

If you ring Customer Services don’t expect the truth.  MSC are the most untrustworthy cruiseline, they will offer you the world once they have your money they renegade on all promises. You have been warned, look at other cruises lines if you value your sanity.

Clearly you’ve been burned. I’d be very interested in your elaboration. 

14 hours ago, Bgwest said:

Clearly you’ve been burned. I’d be very interested in your elaboration. 

TBH, I largely dismissed their posts.  We've had three great trips on the ships but we've been lied to three times about our March refunds and FCC maybe they have some worthwhile experience.

On 7/18/2020 at 11:45 AM, Av8tor said:

have you checked for availability of specific cabins for the two 7-day cruises?  For availability to show for the 15 day cruise, the SAME cabin must be available for the two shorter cruises.  The "problem" is either that or just an IT problem on the website  A call to MSC or your TA should be able to get you an answer.

Hi Paul,

Yes, same cabin numbers are available each week.  When I add up the total for each week, it is much more than when they had it available as a 15 day. That is why I think they removed YC from the 15 day sailing.  Those wanting to extend their cruise a week will now pay a premium for the cruise.

We have run into a similar problem with some MSC bookings.  Unfortunately, even having an excellent cruise agent was of little help since the MSC staff are almost anal when it comes to flexibility.  In one case we were able to get the last YC cabin on a 14 day (back to back) cruise but the cabin location was not our preference.  When looking at the 7 day availability there were plenty of cabins (the same cabin for both 7 day cruises) which simply did not show for the longer 14 day.  MSC stubbornly refused to switch our booking to one of the other available cabins.  Ironically, that cruise was one of the Seaside voyages now switched to the Meraviglia which meant another cabin change (also not a location we would not have chosen).

It has been reported that some very good cruise agencies (including 1 that we sometimes use) will not handle any MSC bookings because of their frustration dealing the company.   My own favorite cruise agent is OK dealing with MSC although she admits to having some scars from the experience.

Hank

20 hours ago, Hlitner said:

We have run into a similar problem with some MSC bookings.  Unfortunately, even having an excellent cruise agent was of little help since the MSC staff are almost anal when it comes to flexibility.  In one case we were able to get the last YC cabin on a 14 day (back to back) cruise but the cabin location was not our preference.  When looking at the 7 day availability there were plenty of cabins (the same cabin for both 7 day cruises) which simply did not show for the longer 14 day.  MSC stubbornly refused to switch our booking to one of the other available cabins.  Ironically, that cruise was one of the Seaside voyages now switched to the Meraviglia which meant another cabin change (also not a location we would not have chosen).

It has been reported that some very good cruise agencies (including 1 that we sometimes use) will not handle any MSC bookings because of their frustration dealing the company.   My own favorite cruise agent is OK dealing with MSC although she admits to having some scars from the experience.

Hank

Our large agency also struggles with them.  They had several folks visit about two years ago saying how they were improving things.  Not much has changed.