If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???

If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???  

1,014 members have voted

1. 1. If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It So You Can Cruise Again?

• YES
    • NO

18 hours ago, Pizzasteve said:

A leader of the Center for the Investigation of Disease Origins who spent their life investigating diseases......

Do you have a link for the Center for the Investigation of Disease Origins?

3 hours ago, Pizzasteve said:

Lets explain one more time. Unvaccinated people can spread disease to others.  Many countries have little immunity so you present a danger of spreading covid in the destination port. You getting sick might cause the cruise to be cancelled or delayed. 

In terms of why should we care if you are on our ship, we are not being selfish and only caring about ourselves.  We want safe cruising free of further delays and cancellations, which 100% vaccinated offers.  We were vaccinated to protect others (and our society) from a deadly disease, not just ourselves.  I would not travel if I was at risk of killing another unprotected person as a speader.   Something you refuse to do out of ignorance and selfishness. Studies indicate having covid is not long term prevention from getting it again, nor from the second infectiin being severe and a worse 'spreader' status, while the vaccine appears to be excellent at preventing 'silent spreaders.'  Your impressions based on being out and about are effectively meaningless.

I heard on the television today that as many as 50% of people with covid could be asymptomatic or have extremely minor symptoms that you would not recognise as covid.  Hopefully all unvaccinated people are having regular testing .

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, James4me said:

Well we are not vaccinated nor will we get vaccinated and if cruises are allowing those in the unvaccinated community I say great!  I don’t understand people who are vaccinated why they are so upset?  Your safe right, your vaccinated.  I don’t mind being tested during my cruise.  But I’ve been out and about and everything is fine.  Except for the mask 😷 

👍  ditto!

• Haha 1

On 6/4/2021 at 12:04 AM, Pizzasteve said:

What is your source again that hydroxychloroquin is an effective tool on Covid19 treatment or prevention? 

I’m not saying hydroxychloroquine is the only way out of this.   

However, there are BILLIONS of dollars involved with vaccines.  Hence, the use of hydroxychloquirine as a prophylactic, which would negate the need for a vaccine, was going to be a heavy lift against all of the pro-vaccine financial interests.  

There are doctors who have successfully treated patients with hydroxychloroquine and have given their firsthand accounts of how their patients recovered due to hydroxychloroquine.  Their firsthand experience cannot be denied.  

Several of the studies which discount the use of hydroxychloroquine in the use of treating CV-19 patients do not properly address that it was administered too late,  that the proper dosage was not given, or that the patients medical background made it more likely that the hydroxychloroquine wouldn’t have worked anyhow due to other pre-existing conditions.   It’s impossible to tell without extensive research whether the studies intentionally ignored those factors.  

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, atgood said:

However, there are BILLIONS of dollars involved with vaccines.  Hence, the use of hydroxychloquirine as a prophylactic, which would negate the need for a vaccine, was going to be a heavy lift against all of the pro-vaccine financial interests.  

There are doctors who have successfully treated patients with hydroxychloroquine and have given their firsthand accounts of how their patients recovered due to hydroxychloroquine.  Their firsthand experience cannot be denied.  

Several of the studies which discount the use of hydroxychloroquine in the use of treating CV-19 patients do not properly address that it was administered too late,  that the proper dosage was not given, or that the patients medical background made it more likely that the hydroxychloroquine wouldn’t have worked anyhow due to other pre-existing conditions.   It’s impossible to tell without extensive research whether the studies intentionally ignored those factors.  

The World Health Organization (WHO) has taken a strong stance against the use to hydroxychloroquine as a prevention for COVID.  They have found the hydroxy has no preventative effect.

Source: WHO Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy (March, 21) see: https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-perspective/2021/03/who-advises-against-hydroxychloroquine-curb-covid-19

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, atgood said:

With due respect, that is not how medicine works.  Millions swear by voodoo as well, but it is not approved medical practice. Maybe voodoo has a mind driven effect, but no one has proven it.  You may be by nature a suspicious person, but having worked deeply within both pharma companies, goverment agencies, and health care company giants I can assure you that there is jo vast conspiracy of evil out to get you and deny you effective care. Yes they seek profits, and sometimes will oversell or undersell effectiveness data.  It happens.  But in this case, there is little evidence and hardly even a rational motive.

The world is full of caring honest people, just trying to do their best.  Ive advised CEOs of health care providers and seen data on patient perceiptions vs actual data based analysis of the medical results.  Even doctors are often very wrong in their perceiptions of what care worked. Surgions tend to think surgery is the answer, etc. 

With a virus like this it is almost all about our own bodies and our immune systems doing their best.  A vaccine really is just a way to stimulate our own immune system and 'teach it' that covid genetic markers are bad.  It is possible some unknown mechanism could be at work, but most media I see is spin attempting to support politicians, desperate for any sign that their 'insights' were not just parroting something a less than credible doctor said.  It seems highly more likely that popular politicians in Brazil and the US jumped on a quack theory and now their supporters are rushing to the media with 'evidence' that they were actually brilliant prophets, who were silenced by greedy opponents with PhDs in medicine.  Hogwash.

Anyway, I am dropping it.  No amount of data will convince you because you want to believe what you believe. It is like telling a christian that rising from the dead is not something science suggests happens.  Believers look for evidence to support their belief and wont hear anything else. You want to believe there are conspiracies at work, but the truth is humans are disorganized and only institutions like universities teaching science keep us from running around like animals.  But you can do you.

Edited by Pizzasteve
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, scottca075 said:

Do you have a link for the Center for the Investigation of Disease Origins?

https://www.nih.gov/news-events/news-releases/nih-establishes-centers-research-emerging-infectious-diseases

Sorry it was leader of CREID. I think speaker was one of these 2.

Eva Harris, Ph.D., University of California, Berkeley
American and Asian Centers for Arboviral Research and Enhanced Surveillance (A2CARES)
Central and South America, South Asia; 1 U01 AI151788-01

Christine K. Johnson, VMD, Ph.D., University of California, Davis, School of Veterinary Medicine
EpiCenter for Emerging Infectious Disease Intelligence (EEIDI(link is external))
Central Africa and South America; 1 U01 AI151814-01

I could be wrong.  I did use the wrong name, so do make many errors.

Edited by Pizzasteve

10 minutes ago, Keksie said:

Maybe throw in  a little gain of function research funding.  What could possibly go wrong?

Not sure I get your point?  So they are wrong to explain latest thinking on covid patients getting second infections, how silent spreading among the unvaccinated works, etc?

It is crazy how suspicious people quickly throw unfounded insults at folks who spend their entire lives studying disease in order to help protect others, but are supremely offended if someone tries to get in the way of them eating at a floating buffet.  The godlessness of it stuns me. I will pray for you to see the work of god in others as I work my next vaccine clinic to help restore America to healthy lives.

I guess the unvaccinated want to keep the disease around, mutating and circulating among each other, until it mutates into a form we cant control and makes this horrible state of affairs permanent. Guess thats a better plan than those stupid so called experts who think safe, 90% effective, free (to patients) vaccines might help. Unfollowed thread.

Edited by Pizzasteve
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Cruise a holic said:

If they don’t, I will not sail.  I will not forget the passengers who were stuck for weeks on a ship.  I could happen again

Yep. If there is an outbreak onboard there could be consequences even if I am vaccinated and don't get infected. 

There are two groups here.  One believes that vaccines are mandatory in order to resume safe cruising,  The second group believes that it is not.

Neither is 'right' and neither is 'wrong'.  This is what makes America great; that we can have differing opinions.

It is neither groups decision.  It is the decision of RCCL based on the legal and mandated situation at the time to select the course of action the company will take regarding requiring a vaccine mandate or not and how they will confirm the vaccine information the guest provides. 

Based on the companies decision, we, as guests, may chose to cruise or not.  That is based on personal choice.  This is what makes America great.

Edited by keyboardjunkie
  • Like 8

On 6/3/2021 at 3:30 PM, CruiszBug said:

That certainly sounds dire. But are any of those symptoms contraindicated for vaccination? I am thinking along the lines of people that got blood clots after receiving the vaccine. If you are prone to blood clots, I would think you certainly wouldn't want to have a vaccine that can cause them?

And the recovered.  They don't check to see if you have or had covid prior to the injection.  There are doctors stating neither should get the injection.  The recovered do have immunity and I feel especially while just for emergency use only is in effect, people should have some choice in the matter.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, sgmn said:

I heard on the television today that as many as 50% of people with covid could be asymptomatic or have extremely minor symptoms that you would not recognise as covid.  Hopefully all unvaccinated people are having regular testing .

But the vaccinated can do the same.  Vaccine doesn't prevent one from getting it or spreading-just lesser case.  Look what happened to the fully vaccinated Yankee players and Bill Maher.  All fully vaccinated and tested positive when getting company required tests.  If they were the regular people no test (none had symptoms) 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Pizzasteve said:

With due respect, that is not how medicine works.  Millions swear by voodoo as well, but it is not approved medical practice. Maybe voodoo has a mind driven effect, but no one has proven it.  You may be by nature a suspicious person, but having worked deeply within both pharma companies, goverment agencies, and health care company giants I can assure you that there is jo vast conspiracy of evil out to get you and deny you effective care. Yes they seek profits, and sometimes will oversell or undersell effectiveness data.  It happens.  But in this case, there is little evidence and hardly even a rational motive.

The world is full of caring honest people, just trying to do their best.  Ive advised CEOs of health care providers and seen data on patient perceiptions vs actual data based analysis of the medical results.  Even doctors are often very wrong in their perceiptions of what care worked. Surgions tend to think surgery is the answer, etc. 

With a virus like this it is almost all about our own bodies and our immune systems doing their best.  A vaccine really is just a way to stimulate our own immune system and 'teach it' that covid genetic markers are bad.  It is possible some unknown mechanism could be at work, but most media I see is spin attempting to support politicians, desperate for any sign that their 'insights' were not just parroting something a less than credible doctor said.  It seems highly more likely that popular politicians in Brazil and the US jumped on a quack theory and now their supporters are rushing to the media with 'evidence' that they were actually brilliant prophets, who were silenced by greedy opponents with PhDs in medicine.  Hogwash.

Anyway, I am dropping it.  No amount of data will convince you because you want to believe what you believe. It is like telling a christian that rising from the dead is not something science suggests happens.  Believers look for evidence to support their belief and wont hear anything else. You want to believe there are conspiracies at work, but the truth is humans are disorganized and only institutions like universities teaching science keep us from running around like animals.  But you can do you.

Thanks for your response.  I can tell it’s genuine and well thought out.  There are some real humdingers on CC nowadays and really I don’t care to engage so I’m careful what I post and specifically say when I’m giving my opinion instead of trying to give my opinion as a fact.  

Regardless of what you wrote about hydroxychloroquine not working, I have two close family members who are on it as a prescription for an ailment and they haven’t caught COVID and they were definitely exposed to people with COVID on more than one occasion each.  Maybe they should be part of a study. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, sept10dsm said:

But the vaccinated can do the same.  Vaccine doesn't prevent one from getting it or spreading-just lesser case.  Look what happened to the fully vaccinated Yankee players and Bill Maher.  All fully vaccinated and tested positive when getting company required tests.  If they were the regular people no test (none had symptoms) 

As someone who is fully vaccinated I do regular tests.  We can get lateral flow packs of tests free, sent to our homes so there's no excuse. 

I did one yesterday as I was going to a 60th birthday party . Self testing before any kind of mixing is the sensible and right thing to do

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, keyboardjunkie said:

There are two groups here.  One believes that vaccines are mandatory in order to resume safe cruising,  The second group believes that it is not.

Neither is 'right' and neither is 'wrong'.  This is what makes America great; that we can have differing opinions.

It is neither groups decision.  It is the decision of RCCL based on the legal and mandated situation at the time to select the course of action the company will take regarding requiring a vaccine mandate or not and how they will confirm the vaccine information the guest provides. 

Based on the companies decision, we, as guests, may chose to cruise or not.  That is based on personal choice.  This is what makes America great.

The most important at the end is that each individual does take precautionary measures, no matter if Vaccinated or not, such as continue with regular testing and even wearing masks in indoor spaces where social distancing cannot be obtained.

I think it's a big mistake that RCL decided to start it's US cruises (Except for Alaska) without restricting it to only vaccinated adults. At this stage the most important is to get the business going again and they will have enough customers that are vaccinated. The risk they are taking that something can go wrong with a outbreak in their first months of the restart would be fatal and could have consequences for their business for years to come.

America being great, putting preasure on a industry to take unnecesary risks by starting their operation without having Vaccinations mandatory for all adults, not sure how great this is.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, LXA350 said:

America being great, putting preasure on a industry to take unnecesary risks by starting their operation without having Vaccinations mandatory for all adults, not sure how great this is.

The cruise lines are faced w/ a choice:  a) start cruising, or b) prepare for liquidation.

As a business, they most likely took mandatory vaccination into consideration.  They also decided what they felt was best for the line to continue to stay in business.  I doubt they read cc threads to help them determine their best chance to survive.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, bucfan2 said:

The cruise lines are faced w/ a choice:  a) start cruising, or b) prepare for liquidation.

As a business, they most likely took mandatory vaccination into consideration.  They also decided what they felt was best for the line to continue to stay in business.  I doubt they read cc threads to help them determine their best chance to survive.

By deciding to start crusing with only Vaccinated adults for precautionary measres would have not hurt them, especially as this would be a temorary measure at this stage. If they will end up being in the news because there is a COVID outbreak on one of their ships as they decided to start without taking additional measures with fully vacinated adults, not so sure how this will do good to them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LXA350 said:

By deciding to start crusing with only Vaccinated adults for precautionary measres would have not hurt them, especially as this would be a temorary measure at this stage. If they will end up being in the news because there is a COVID outbreak on one of their ships as they decided to start without taking additional measures with fully vacinated adults, not so sure how this will do good to them.

I don't disagree.  That being said, our opinion apparently meant very little to them and their business model.

10 minutes ago, sept10dsm said:

Just wondering, has there been any word as to how the cruises are filling up with passengers?  I've heard that some sailings have been cancelled so just wondered.

Filled capacity and cancellations probably have very little to do with each other. We should get reports of capacity numbers once sailings resume.

14 hours ago, Pizzasteve said:

Not sure I get your point?  So they are wrong to explain latest thinking on covid patients getting second infections, how silent spreading among the unvaccinated works, etc?

It is crazy how suspicious people quickly throw unfounded insults at folks who spend their entire lives studying disease in order to help protect others, but are supremely offended if someone tries to get in the way of them eating at a floating buffet.  The godlessness of it stuns me. I will pray for you to see the work of god in others as I work my next vaccine clinic to help restore America to healthy lives.

I guess the unvaccinated want to keep the disease around, mutating and circulating among each other, until it mutates into a form we cant control and makes this horrible state of affairs permanent. Guess thats a better plan than those stupid so called experts who think safe, 90% effective, free (to patients) vaccines might help. Unfollowed thread.

Just in case you happen to see this I will answer your question.

The link you posted mentioned grants for research.  I was pointing the news which has been on several different news channels relating to the origins of covid.  It would seem not unfounded after all.  

You do not know me so you have no idea of my religious affiliations or beliefs.  Volunteering is a good thing but you also have no idea of the volunteering and/or good deeds large and small done by the posters on CC who are making a difference.  You are not special for volunteering just American because that is what we do.

You also have no idea of my beliefs about vaccines or my vaccine status for covid or any other disease.  

I do love a good buffet so that I can make a salad with all the things I like and maybe a roll on the side.

• Like 2