Oh Oh - Princess Extends Pause in Operation

I object 2

We just received an email from Princess cancelling our November 6, 2020 Hawaii cruise.  While we thought that might happen, it's still a little disappointing.   We booked an aft suite for our 50th wedding anniversary.  We'll just postpone the celebration to 2021 and hope cruising resumes by then.   Princess is offering the following - a refund or double your deposit future cruise offer:

We hope you will stick with us by accepting this special Double your Deposit Future Cruise Credit offer:

• Transfer the money deposited for your vacation as a refundable Future Cruise Credit (FCC) and Princess will provide a matching bonus non-refundable FCC for the same amount up to the base cruise fare amount of the current cruise (minimum $100 per person).

Princess is learning from their errors.  It is easier to cancel a cruise before final payment than to try to refund or issue FCCs.  Saves them goodwill credit.  I'm not sure how many people book flights to their cruises way ahead (added cancellation expense).  I would recommend traveling to a port you can drive to (I know, not everyone can do that).  

I am sorry for your disappointment.  This is a fluid problem that will not go away anytime soon.  It's complicated.

I received an email for my December cruise.  I'm not surprised.  I already have 225% from my cancelled March cruise and now I add this double the deposit deal.  I do hope Princess will soon extend the date you have to use them.  

My November 23, 2020 to Hawaii on the Ruby is cancelled. Since I have a T/A I’m sure I’ll hear something tomorrow. Since I’ve use a FCC I’m interested what Princess will say. There is the same cruise in December 2021 with the same stateroom available. 

Tom😀

I saw the 15 Dec date flash across my mobile news feed. We are booked on 15 Dec 2020, but it is in Oz. The Oz cruises are only postponed until the end of October so far. We get our final payment due in October if I recall correctly, so it will be interesting to see how this progresses. Here is the detailed media statement:

https://www.princess.com/news/notices_and_advisories/notices/global-ship-operations-pause-december-2020.html

2 hours ago, BulldustHHH said:

I saw the 15 Dec date flash across my mobile news feed. We are booked on 15 Dec 2020, but it is in Oz. The Oz cruises are only postponed until the end of October so far. We get our final payment due in October if I recall correctly, so it will be interesting to see how this progresses. Here is the detailed media statement:

https://www.princess.com/news/notices_and_advisories/notices/global-ship-operations-pause-december-2020.html

and some details

20.07.22 ExtendedPauseVoyageCancellationsListFAQsJuly22.pdf