2023 World Cruise

mrlevin

13 hours ago, ArtsyCraftsy said:

Well, let’s see ...

I booked the 2022 World Cruise while on the (truncated) 2020 World Cruise.  If all goes according to plan, I could book the 2023 World Cruise while on next summer’s Grand Arctic Adventure (94 days, R/T from NYC starting May 31, 2021).  I’m assuming that this fall’s 68-day South America cruise will be canceled (Oct 29-Jan 2).  Nothing official yet, but things don’t look good for it.  So my next booked cruise will be the Arctic trip.

And I just booked three additional cruises on the Mariner: the 3 cruises immediately preceding the 2022 World.  Starting November 14, I’ll be on the 24-day Amazon trip, the 10-day Caribbean (both of those R/T out of Miami), and the 18-day Miami-to-San Francisco.  Added up, that makes for 172 days on the Mariner November 14, 2021 to May 5, 2022.  And to me, that sounds like heaven.  

I’ll have to assess the health situation before committing to the 2023 World, but it sounds amazing.  My goal always is to maximize travel opportunities wherever I can, and RSSC is a great fit.  

Lana in Bellingham, WA

Wow - that is exciting.  I'm curious if you have plans to try any other Regent ships.

6 minutes ago, Travelcat2 said:

Wow - that is exciting.  I'm curious if you have plans to try any other Regent ships.

Absolutely!  I'll be on the Navigator for the Arctic cruise next year.  And I keep checking itineraries/schedules for the other ships to see if I can find something that fits.  

I much prefer cruises that either start or end (preferably both) somewhere in the US as I tend to avoid long international flights as much as possible.  It just seems that, for now, the Mariner offers more cruises that work with my schedule and preferences.  

This particular group of cruises immediately preceding the 2022 World Cruise was a happy coincidence:  I get to see the Amazon which I'll have to miss when my October 2020 South America cruise is (most likely) canceled in a couple of weeks, I'll get a shorter 10-day Caribbean cruise to some of the less-visited islands/ports (I've been avoiding them because I don't like short cruises), and I'll get to see the Panama Canal again from the "other" direction on the same ship in the same cabin as my first transit in 2018.

My goal is to sail on all of the RSSC ships at some point.  I'd like to do Alaska again in the summer of 2022, but it looks like that will still be the Mariner's summer home, so we'll see.

Lana in Bellingham, WA

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BBWC said:

Actually, Explorer will do Alaska in 2021 and thus probably also in 2022, though all those plans could of course be affected by the current situation.

The "current" schedule has Explorer going Tokyo to Dubai in March 2022 so very unlikely that she will again do the Alaska season.  

1 hour ago, BBWC said:

Sounds like the Med for the Explorer then. And Mariner returning to Alaska after arriving in San Francisco in May.

I saw that, too -- I'm tempted to book that SF to Vancouver cruise for after the 2022 World, since I live about an hour from Vancouver.  That way I wouldn't have to fly from SF to Seattle and then shuttle to Bellingham,  Something to think about, anyway.  🙂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ArtsyCraftsy said:

I saw that, too -- I'm tempted to book that SF to Vancouver cruise for after the 2022 World, since I live about an hour from Vancouver.  That way I wouldn't have to fly from SF to Seattle and then shuttle to Bellingham,  Something to think about, anyway.  🙂

Good for you. I envy you. Herb just won’t do such long cruises. 
sheila

2 hours ago, ArtsyCraftsy said:

You are going to become a permanent resident.

Hope to meet you on the world cruise.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/27/2020 at 6:32 PM, cwn said:

Would love to see the Mariner go to Esperance W Australia. This is from the 2018 WC. Most beautiful beaches I have ever seen. Sitting in the Horizon Lounge outside deck with drink in hand...Heaven!!!

jsw_dscn9872.jpg

jsw_rnn_4904.jpg

Spent a week in Esperance last November, & the beaches were truly something else!!

• Like 1

Does anyone have a link or a sneak preview of the 2023 WC they would care to share?? We're still booked on the 21 WC, but it's looking more doubtful by the day, almost; & the 2022 WC itinerary just doesn't do it for us, I'm afraid.

2 hours ago, gb58 said:

Spent a week in Esperance last November, & the beaches were truly something else!!

Did you go over to Lucky Bay with the kangaroos on the beach? We spent a week + in the tip of Western Australia in 2009 touring and love the state. Didn't make it that time to Esperance but would love to go back there for a week or so. For our money you can have the tourist beaches around the world.  

13 hours ago, cwn said:

Did you go over to Lucky Bay with the kangaroos on the beach? We spent a week + in the tip of Western Australia in 2009 touring and love the state. Didn't make it that time to Esperance but would love to go back there for a week or so. For our money you can have the tourist beaches around the world.  

Lucky Bay & the kangaroos were (one of many) highlights of our W. Australia trip. 2 months on land, & then 30 days (ish) on the Voyager!!

DSC04878.JPG

DSC04887.JPG

• Like 1

16 hours ago, cwn said:

We got to Esperance on the Mariner Australian Circumnavigation in 2019. When I am asked about favorite places Regent has taken us, Esperance is first. Took a wonderful all day tour in a school bus. Lucky Bay and kangaroos were one stop of many beautiful beaches we went to that day.

image.thumb.jpeg.d6c9c9cce429dcba6a62fcb1f2f5f166.jpeg
image.thumb.jpeg.60caee0bceb888cfd2a50c41a20208fa.jpeg

Edited by briar14
  • Like 3

37 minutes ago, briar14 said:

We got to Esperance on the Mariner Australian Circumnavigation in 2019. When I am asked about favorite places Regent has taken us, Esperance is first. Took a wonderful all day tour in a school bus. Lucky Bay and kangaroos were one stop of many beautiful beaches we went to that day.

image.thumb.jpeg.d6c9c9cce429dcba6a62fcb1f2f5f166.jpeg
image.thumb.jpeg.60caee0bceb888cfd2a50c41a20208fa.jpeg

Of the ports on the 2018WC is was one of our favorites also for no other reason than the coast line being so stunning. We rented a car and drove the Ocean Road for 25 KM east of town then went back into town, got subway sandwiches for a picnic lunch at Lucky Bay and headed west to the National park. Just had the take a dip in the beautiful water too.

One of the other stops we enjoyed on the 2018WC was Durban. We had been there before on a month long (self drive) land trip and explored the battlefields of Isandlwana and Rorke’s Drift, but this time we took a ships tour, a safari to Tala Game Reserve with a drive though the local market.  We had been on several safaris in South Africa and Tanzania, so we though this might be a waste of time(and money). But we were pleasantly surprised......we had some great close interaction with the animals. It was not as good as staying in a camp or lodge but for a day tour it was very worthwhile and of course going back to our "home" (the Navigator) that afternoon was great too.

DSC_1560.JPG

DSC_1694.JPG

DSC_1704.JPG

DSC_1715.JPG

DSCN8254.JPG

RNN_1387.JPG

RNN_1399.JPG

RNN_1495.JPG

RNN_1519.JPG

Edited by cwn
  • Like 5

Learned this week that the Mariner 2023 WC will embark in Miami, so speculating it could follow a similar itinerary that the 2021 has planned (esp if the 2021 WC is canceled).

A second option with the 2023 WC (going to 6/7 continents) and being 26 days longer than the 2021 WC,  may be having the Mariner cruising down South America to Ushuaia then to Antarctica before heading to the African continent. 

Hopefully, we'll get a look at the 2023 WC itinerary later this month or early September.

If you book the 2023 WC, see you in Miami in early January 2023!

Edited by WesW

Maybe they could "spend" that extra time in SE Asia, Cambodia, Vietnam, perhaps Taiwan. Antartica is such a specialized destination.  Although I guess they could go the "other way around SA, and do the Chilean fjords.  I liked the 2021 itinerary because it was basically a one-season cruise (with plenty of heat, I admit).  Then again, I actually like the 2022 itinerary too, despite the cold weather.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WesW said:

A second option with the 2023 WC (going to 6/7 continents) and being 26 days longer than the 2021 WC,  may be having the Mariner cruising down South America to Ushuaia then to Antarctica before heading to the African continent. 

I hope it's not an Eastward WC.  Traveling east is a pain in the a....  You never get a good night's sleep.  Once we traveled east and they changed the clocks in the afternoon instead of at night.  It was ok for a trans Atlantic but not a WC.

4 hours ago, beach bunnie said:

I hope it's not an Eastward WC.  Traveling east is a pain in the a....  You never get a good night's sleep.  Once we traveled east and they changed the clocks in the afternoon instead of at night.  It was ok for a trans Atlantic but not a WC.

I agree with you.  I like the idea of the westbound route, for sure.

5 hours ago, WesW said:

FYI, 2023 WC itinerary will be released on Monday, September 14th.  First day we will be able to book this WC is Wednesday, September 23rd.

Thanks for the info Wes. I’m so excited to see where we will be going. Yippppeeee I can’t wait!

• Like 1