Is it possible to L&S to alternative Suite category?

I'm having trouble doing a lift and shift. Booked in an owner's suite but the sailing I want to lift and shift to is sold out of owner's suite. Previously was told if a category is sold out, can be offered another one lower so in this case, a 2 bedroom Grand suite. Now they are saying no and is escalating to Revenue. I'm waiting for their reply. Anyone done a successful lift and shift where the same suite category is not available but was offered an alternative? Thanks!

3 minutes ago, HalfMoon said:

I'm having trouble doing a lift and shift. Booked in an owner's suite but the sailing I want to lift and shift to is sold out of owner's suite. Previously was told if a category is sold out, can be offered another one lower so in this case, a 2 bedroom Grand suite. Now they are saying no and is escalating to Revenue. I'm waiting for their reply. Anyone done a successful lift and shift where the same suite category is not available but was offered an alternative? Thanks!

My TA L&S a RS to a GS. 

M8

Edited by Milwaukee Eight
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, HalfMoon said:

As M8 stated it can be done.  Whether they will give you the 2 BDRM GS is another matter.  I would expect more luck if you asked for a GS.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lovelife said:

One of mine went from Owner Suite to Grand Suite during L&S.  No Owner Suite available on new sailing.

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

As I mentioned, had a RS but only available cabin was a GS. I was happy with that. 

Did they give you both lower prices from your original categories? Wouldn't want to pay RS and Owners Suite prices for a Grand Suite even in a Lift and Shift situation.

6 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Did they give you both lower prices from your original categories? Wouldn't want to pay RS and Owners Suite prices for a Grand Suite even in a Lift and Shift situation.

I paid 2867 for the Owners Suite.  Price for the Grand Suite I switched to would have been 7297.

14 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I was price protected on RS and my TA got me the GS at the same price. I did Empress 8 night to Odyssey 8 night. Actually nearly same itinerary. Pays to have a great TA. Trust me, my end result was a lot less than we normally pay for a GS. 

M8

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Just because it might be a step down in the cabin category does not mean that the price is a step down.  A GS on a new ship is a whole lot more expensive than a RS on an old ship.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I was price protected on RS and my TA got me the GS at the same price. I did Empress 8 night to Odyssey 8 night. Actually nearly same itinerary. Pays to have a great TA. Trust me, my end result was a lot less than we normally pay for a GS. 

M8

This is what I am trying to do for my client too but I keep hitting roadblocks every time I call. I'm trying to do a L&S from OS on Empress to GS on Odyssey. I was able to do OS to OS but they won't let me downgrade. That's why I'm trying to get a feel if it is possible. They keep saying if it's not the same category, then it has to be done at prevailing.

So far I'm getting the sense that it really boils down to who you talk to.   

8 minutes ago, HalfMoon said:

This is what I am trying to do for my client too but I keep hitting roadblocks every time I call. I'm trying to do a L&S from OS on Empress to GS on Odyssey. I was able to do OS to OS but they won't let me downgrade. That's why I'm trying to get a feel if it is possible. They keep saying if it's not the same category, then it has to be done at prevailing.

It took my TA about a week for the RS to GS go through????  I did nothing other than pay the deposit. 

M8

26 minutes ago, HalfMoon said:

Submit the request on line.  You will have to wait about 10 days but someone should call you to provide options. I doubt they will let you go to the 2 berm GS but going the the 1 berm should be ok. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

M8

I think I would still take the RS on Empress over a Over priced Grand Suite on Odyssey, Price is only that high because of being a new ship.

Who knows maybe a better TA  with better  contacts at RCCL could have  got you a RS like you had for your L & S. There are always exceptions to rules if you know the right person.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Submit the request on line.  You will have to wait about 10 days but someone should call you to provide options. I doubt they will let you go to the 2 berm GS but going the the 1 berm should be ok. 

Can't. There are about 7 options on the online form but Odyssey is not one of them. (I have had to call in to do this one manually for other clients doing the same L&S.)

16 minutes ago, HalfMoon said:

Can't. There are about 7 options on the online form but Odyssey is not one of them. (I have had to call in to do this one manually for other clients doing the same L&S.)

Too bad.  I’ve found over the past month the reps are allowing fewer and fewer shift options if you call vs what is allowed using the on line tool. 

56 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Who knows maybe a better TA  with better  contacts at RCCL could have  got you a RS like you had for your L & S.

Booked Empress with intent to L&S to Odyssey. There were no OS on Empress to book. Took the RS. L&S to Odyssey Cruise had no OS available. Was happy with the GS for the price. 

M8

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

I think I would still take the RS on Empress over a Over priced Grand Suite on Odyssey, Price is only that high because of being a new ship.

Who knows maybe a better TA  with better  contacts at RCCL could have  got you a RS like you had for your L & S. There are always exceptions to rules if you know the right person.

Not in a million years. Odyssey has SL and CK, not to mention better internet, better entertainment, and a million activities. 

Plus Empress is pretty much toast in the future

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

I have been in the Royal Suite on the Empress.  Like the rest of the Empress, it's basic.  It's nice, but I would rather have an OS or GS on the Odyssey,  unless the Empress' itinerary is a unique, fabulous one.

ETA:  And the door sticks.  😄 

ETA:  Plus, this.  (we were posting at the same time) "Not in a million years. Odyssey has SL and CK, not to mention better internet, better entertainment, and a million activities."

• Thanks 1

My post had nothing to do about itineraries or which ship is better  or has better onboard activities, etc.. It was strictly the cabin, category the OP booked. You book a Royal Suite or Owners Suite to Lift and Shift you should get the same or better, not go backwards with your switch.

If you can't find one on that sailing you should be able to move to another ship and sailing that has one, no matter the date. Royal Caribbean made this offer, its not something we all made up. L& S

Edited by Jimbo

2 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

My post had nothing to do about itineraries or which ship was better. It was strictly the cabin, category the OP booked. You book a Royal Suite or Owners Suite to Lift and Shift you should get the same or better, not go backwards with your switch.

If you can't find one on that sailing you should be able to move to another ship and sailing that has one, no matter the date. Royal Caribbean made this offer, its not something we all made up. L& S

The same category is not always available. 

Try looking at it this way.  Someone wants to book a GS on the Odyssey for a certain date in 2022.  Doing creative booking they find the cheapest way to book that suite is by booking a RS on Empress in 2021 and doing a L&S getting the GS for about half price.  Not sure why you think that is a bad deal when they  never wanted The RS on Empress in the first place.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The same category is not always available. 

Try looking at it this way.  Someone wants to book a GS on the Odyssey for a certain date in 2022.  Doing creative booking they find the cheapest way to book that suite is by booking a RS on Empress in 2021 and doing a L&S getting the GS for about half price.  Not sure why you think that is a bad deal when they  never wanted The RS on Empress in the first place.

Why didn't he get the Grand Loft Suite, would have been a better cabin then a regular GS and closer to a RS category cabin.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Why didn't he get the Grand Loft Suite, would have been a better cabin then a regular GS and closer to a RS cabin.

That is not an acceptable cabin swap.  As I said, Royal has a list of every acceptable cabin switch they will allow.  Going from a RS to a GLS is not one of them. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2